Mr Am4zin Goes Auto for the Summer - 300W LED Cabinet

5.7 does seem low, and might explain the yellow on the newer growth. I like the training on Wilma,, looking good there.

Brenda's got some serious frosting going on! It's gonna get tight in that box. :slide: :laughtwo:

Ha ha every time I check this journal the plant names always make me smile ha ha! Seems like were getting to know them individually ha ha, cool touch bro!! :)

KJC420

Brenda's got some serious frosting going on! It's gonna get tight in that box. :slide: :laughtwo:
Thanks Sue, She is frosting well. Tiny box is super full already, at least 2 weeks for Brenda yet.

:goodjob: Looking good!
Thanks man

5.7 does seem low, and might explain the yellow on the newer growth. I like the training on Wilma,, looking good there.
Thanks mmm, the little one got her first feed today with new food so we will see how she gets on.

Ha ha every time I check this journal the plant names always make me smile ha ha! Seems like were getting to know them individually ha ha, cool touch bro!! :)

KJC420

Glad I make you smile, they are all individual, no 2 the same. :thumb:

So I've been a busy boy today, finally got the bits together to finish the Veg box so I got on it. 3 light fixtures and a 12v pc fan. Painted white on the inside.
Some pics
DSC_029916.JPG
DSC_030419.JPG
DSC_030215.JPG

The bulbs in there at the moment are 2700k 20w cfls. Will I be able to Veg with these as I can't seem to find any 6500k in my local shops?

Tomorrow I'll get some new babies on the go, an auto Cheese and another auto ww x jh. I will start a new journal for these I think, Mr Am4zin goes Perpetual? Or is that a bit ambitious?
Anyway, enjoy the rest of your Saturday wherever you are in the world.
Peace out people ✌

So I've been a busy boy today, finally got the bits together to finish the Veg box so I got on it. 3 light fixtures and a 12v pc fan. Painted white on the inside.
Some pics
DSC_029916.JPG
DSC_030419.JPG
DSC_030215.JPG

The bulbs in there at the moment are 2700k 20w cfls. Will I be able to Veg with these as I can't seem to find any 6500k in my local shops?

Tomorrow I'll get some new babies on the go, an auto Cheese and another auto ww x jh. I will start a new journal for these I think, Mr Am4zin goes Perpetual? Or is that a bit ambitious?
Anyway, enjoy the rest of your Saturday wherever you are in the world.
Peace out people ✌

For vegging you want 5000K or thereabouts. Bloom lighting is 2700K and your plants will stretch like mad. Do you have access to 5000K?

This is the best info on CFLs on the site IMHO. There may be better by now, but this is great stuff.

CFL Light Tutorial

Nice box. Just a little envious. :battingeyelashes:

For vegging you want 5000K or thereabouts. Bloom lighting is 2700K and your plants will stretch like mad. Do you have access to 5000K?

This is the best info on CFLs on the site IMHO. There may be better by now, but this is great stuff.

CFL Light Tutorial

Nice box. Just a little envious. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks Sue. Ive had to order online as all the shops in my area only sell 2700k. Spent hours lookin this morning. I go away for 6 days on Wed. They should be waiting for me when I get back. I'm sure they be ok for a week.

You got a nice...box! :thumb: Yea, you can veg under those 2700k. I have a couple 25w 6500k that I use for up lighting, I like the long reach on them.

Thanks for your input. I have a buddy who Veg under 2700k but he has no height constraints. I gotta keep them short.

Well it turns out I gotta ship 5000k bulbs from overseas so i got 6500k as they are the closest I can get.

In other news, 1 x auto cheese and 1 x ww x jh from spanish seeds have gone into soil as have 3 mystery bag seed. New thread will be started for them in due course.

Have a stoney Sunday folks

Thanks for your input. I have a buddy who Veg under 2700k but he has no height constraints. I gotta keep them short.

I've only used cfl's and the 2700k I use for flower and the 5k-6500k I use for veg. A hps is around 2200k and is normally used during flower. You can use it in veg but should add some blue light to the spectrum.

I haven't heard or experienced stretching with 2700k bulbs but I suppose it's possible. I run my lights like you would with a Mh/hps setup. Blue 5-6500k MH for veg and switch out to red/orange 2700k HPS for flower.

Blue spectrum lights are better for fruiting or vegetative phase and red spectrum lights are better for flowering phase.

I was saying you can veg under what you have because I knew they were temporary until you found some blues.

Looking good :goodjob:

I've only used cfl's and the 2700k I use for flower and the 5k-6500k I use for veg. A hps is around 2200k and is normally used during flower. You can use it in veg but should add some blue light to the spectrum.

I haven't heard or experienced stretching with 2700k bulbs but I suppose it's possible. I run my lights like you would with a Mh/hps setup. Blue 5-6500k MH for veg and switch out to red/orange 2700k HPS for flower.

Blue spectrum lights are better for fruiting or vegetative phase and red spectrum lights are better for flowering phase.

I was saying you can veg under what you have because I knew they were temporary until you found some blues.

Looking good :goodjob:

Thanks for your input. I use led lighting for my main box a 300w unbranded unit with 3 non working bulbs. Looking to upgrade to a 400w mars2 when funds allow. Blue bulbs are coming for the small box but it will be over a week till they go in.

Back
Top Bottom