Mr Am4zin Goes Auto for the Summer - 300W LED Cabinet

Good job with the veg box.

--------------------------

I use first 3-4 weeks 2x55 Watt Tneon 9500 ° K BlueSky "Cutting" Light
TCL tube with blue light spectrum, ideal for the propagation of plants through the growing of plants from seed or cuttings.
Tneon lamps emit very little heat and can therefore be hung very close to the plants, a higher light intensity and maximum efficiency.

Price around 6-7 bucks a piece :)

---------------------

2700 ° K; Blooming
6500 ° K, Grow & Mother Plants
9000 ° K; Cuttings Propagation

I didn't know this about Bloom lighting, I should use them in veg for a mad stretch instead of the 6500k? :rollingeyes:

When I ran with CFLs exclusively I always tried to get both spectrums in at the same time, with a ratios of about 75/25%. I found that including some blue in with the Reds at blooming beefed up the buds significantly. I'm not sure if adding warms into the cool vegging lights made as much difference, but it made me feel better. 4.5 oz off two plants was pretty decent for autos on a first grow. I used those CFLs to their maximum benefit. You'd be amazed at the efficiency of a 23w CFL used thoughtfully.

I get a little passionate about it. :battingeyelashes:

When I ran with CFLs exclusively I always tried to get both spectrums in at the same time, with a ratios of about 75/25%. I found that including some blue in with the Reds at blooming beefed up the buds significantly. I'm not sure if adding warms into the cool vegging lights made as much difference, but it made me feel better. 4.5 oz off two plants was pretty decent for autos on a first grow. I used those CFLs to their maximum benefit. You'd be amazed at the efficiency of a 23w CFL used thoughtfully.

I get a little passionate about it. :battingeyelashes:

I love your passion sue, I'm hoping to capture some of it for myself :bigblush:
I've got 3 blue bulbs coming and 2 more light sockets. You can never have enough light, right? I did watch your first grow from the shadows while I was on my quest for knowledge and I was very impressed. :thumb:

TCL tube with blue light spectrum, ideal for the propagation of plants through the growing of plants from seed or cuttings.
Tneon lamps emit very little heat and can therefore be hung very close to the plants, a higher light intensity and maximum efficiency.

---------------------

2700 ° K; Blooming

Good information my friend, I thankyou with reps.
Looks like I have some reading to do.

Good information my friend, I thankyou with reps.
Looks like I have some reading to do.

Thanks, :tokin:

Never used cfl's but saw some good veg-grows under it.

For 12-14 bucks you have 2x55W 9500K,;) (should be better for veg than a cfl)

Gives enough light and space for 8-10 plants approx.

Ballast-reflector,around 40 bucks.

:passitleft:

---------------------

2700 ° K; Blooming

Very interesting ganj! Where did you come about the 9000K information for cuttings/propogation? I've never seen mention of using bulbs in that range...

:passitleft:

Never used cfl's but saw some good veg-grows under it.

For 12-14 bucks you have 2x55W 9500K,;) (should be better for veg than a cfl)

Ballast-reflector,around 40 bucks.

:rollit:

I'd check the light efficiency of the 55W against the 23W. You'd think that the higher wattage would mean better efficiency, but that's not always the case. The 23W bulbs deliver the light more efficiently and are cool enough that you can get them right up next to the plant for even greater delivery efficiency.

Very interesting ganj! Where did you come about the 9000K information for cuttings/propogation? I've never seen mention of using bulbs in that range...

Here some info:

Tneon TCL CUTTINGS LAMP 75W 9500K

I'd check the light efficiency of the 55W against the 23W. You'd think that the higher wattage would mean better efficiency, but that's not always the case. The 23W bulbs deliver the light more efficiently and are cool enough that you can get them right up next to the plant for even greater delivery efficiency.

Just compared and no difference ;)

(2x55)110w TCL = 7600 Lumen

23w CFL(1600 lumen) x 5= 115w 8000 lumen

The blue light 9500k is also better i believe.
----------------

High efficiency electronic ballast PF> 0.98. High light output X2 lumen compared with equivalent CFL lighting(this not true)
Lower costs for replacement compared with CFL
Tubes operate at low temperature, long service life of the lamps> 10,000 hours
Ability to link multiple Tneon

Naamloos.png

Old pic under neon
2015-05-25_20_14_29.jpg

Thanks topcat, bin reading up lots on lights but I'll end up going with what I've got till I have to replace. Marsll 400w is my next buy, gotta save for it tho. The impending harvest of Brenda will help with that.

go for the 700w mars ;)

Here some info:

Tneon TCL CUTTINGS LAMP 75W 9500K

Just compared and no difference ;)

(2x55)110w TCL = 7600 Lumen

23w CFL(1600 lumen) x 5= 115w 8000 lumen

The blue light 9500k is also better i believe.
----------------

High efficiency electronic ballast PF> 0.98. High light output X2 lumen compared with equivalent CFL lighting(this not true)
Lower costs for replacement compared with CFL
Tubes operate at low temperature, long service life of the lamps> 10,000 hours
Ability to link multiple Tneon

Naamloos.png

Old pic under neon
2015-05-25_20_14_29.jpg

Interesting. This calls for a closer look. Thanks.

UPDATE DAY 76

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated, I meant to do it before I went away but I didn't have the time.
Brenda is doing well. Didn't appear to have gained any in the six days I was away but her buds are solid. Trichome check revealed clear and cloudy but I couldn't see any ambers yet. She was fed plain tap adjusted to ph 6.5.
DSC_058623.JPG
DSC_05818.JPG

Wilma has done well. Main cola has gained about an inch. Looks really well. She was fed biobizz week 6 full strength.
DSC_059526.JPG
DSC_059028.JPG

DAY 62

Booboo is poorly. Brown spots appearing on the leaves. I did see the marks before I went away but I thought it was from spilled water as I'd given it the day before I noticed. Gave water ph'd to 6.5 and run off was 5.1. Being sure it was a ph lockout I flushed with 30 ltr water ph'd to 6.5 and run off was upto 6.3. Gave her an hour and then fed biobizz week 4 at full strength.
DSC_05585.JPG
DSC_05577.JPG
DSC_05634.JPG

Baby Bubble is looking ok, her flowers sre really starting to come through but her runoff was also 5.1 so I flushed and fed the same as Booboo.

DSC_05658.JPG

Really really crowded in here. Hoping brenda finishes soon as I could really use the room. Which leads me to a question, when a Breaders time states 70 days is that from seed or first signs of flower?

DSC_060015.JPG

Click HERE for updates on be veg box

I will get to your journals to catch up in due course, I have many.

Peace out people
:Namaste:

Subbed. Just finished reading your journal. The ladies are looking almost ready for a night on the town! Nice use of LST for your limited space. They look delicious. :drool:

Keep up the good work.

~HP :peace:

Back
Top Bottom