Mr. Sauga's Sponsored Grow Journal - Featuring Atreum Lighting And Blue Planet Nutrients

Hey everybody!
Here's our first introduction to @Blue Planet Nutrients. Please welcome them back as a returning sponsor at 420 Magazine!

Blue Planet Nutrients - No hype, just results.

Interesting enough, the owner of BPN, Corey, used to be a member here at 420 Magazine. In December of 2011 he won the coveted MOTM title. He’s an active sponsor with the magazine now and his time is spent perfecting nutrient formulations specific to cannabis, all the while establishing friendships and helping growers get the most out of their plants.

Finding great results by making his own nutrients, it wasn’t long before his friends were demanding those same results. The demand for his nutrients was so overwhelming he started selling his product in order to cover the costs. Now, from what started as a dream in a garage, BPN has become a top contender in the plant nutrient industry while maintaining lower costs for growers.

Their philosophy is simple; what's inside the bottle is what counts, not the marketing around it. With nothing more than quality products and word of mouth from satisfied customers, they continue to grow a loyal following of customers who have been with them for years, while constantly picking up new friends along the way. 'Your garden looking its best helps us look our best.'

What's Sauga Using?

Blue Planet Nutrients have several products available to suit your individual style. I ended up with the BlueMax 2-Part system, which is an easy-to-use base nutrient system designed for both beginners and advanced growers. When combined, BlueMax provides all the primary, secondary, and micronutrients for the specific requirements of the plants at each stage of growth.

1611514834628.png

1611514976138.png

Since every grower should have some sort of Calcium/Magnesium supplement on hand, I choose to go with their Calmag liquid plus Iron. This is similar to other products with its 2-0-0 NPK value, so I’ll be comfortable in using that with no learning curve needed.

1611515203249.png

1611515147553.png

This next product is similar to a mycorrhizae based supplement. Root Magic Rhizo Mix is an organic bio-fertilizer that builds, strengthens, and protects the rhizosphere of plant root systems.
This product contains 17 species of beneficial bacteria, 4 species of mycorrhizae, 3 species of trichoderma, 18 L-amino acids, humic & fulvic acids, and carbohydrates which all work together to create a healthy, protected root zone.

I’ll have more on this later in the journal as I start to understand more about the plant's rhizosphere.

1611515352799.png

Finally, although I never requested this next product, Blue Planet Nutrients supplied me with a bottle of their late stage bloom booster, Liquid Blue.

This product is designed to maximize the fattening and hardening of buds by providing plants with a 4:1 ratio of potassium to phosphorus. Most of you know my thoughts on bloom boosters, however from a ratio perspective this makes a lot of sense. I haven’t decided if I want to introduce it in this journal or start a separate one as a comparison grow. I’ll ponder that for a while as I do have time.

1611515598297.png

They've provided a feed chart, seen below, as most manufacturer's do. Over the last couple of years I've been able to tweak my current nutrient PPM levels to meet certain nutrient ratios that I feel work for me. I'll be comparing those numbers to what their feed chart says. Theoretically, if the new PPM numbers are close to what I currently run then I should encounter no issues throughout the various stages of plant growth.

1611516122042.png

1611518105098.png

:Rasta:

There’s not much I can contribute! 99 percent of the time I read journals and posts here in awe ...( and heavily medicated ) haha

can’t wait to see how this ends . :yummy::passitleft:
Welcome NH! That one percent is key though! Thanks for hanging around. :passitleft:

Hey Mr S.

I’ve used BPN in the past and I was quite impressed with the results. I tended to focus more on the PPM targets they post for each week while using the ratio provided rather than just use the numbers they give in tsp. Often times to hit that 1200-1500ppm I had to use quite a bit more than the 10-12ml the bottle suggested.. but my plants really turned out nice.

I’ve used BPN in the past and I was quite impressed with the results. I tended to focus more on the PPM targets they post for each week while using the ratio provided rather than just use the numbers they give in tsp. Often times to hit that 1200-1500ppm I had to use quite a bit more than the 10-12ml the bottle suggested.. but my plants really turned out nice.
Great information Chef! I'm similar in that I use nutrient ratios at certain plant stages. Whatever the PPM is, is what it is! Nice to have you along.
I will be using @Blue Planet Nutrients products aswell. Just received my 3part line up and will be starting a new journal soon, great to see others using this product aswell.

Will be watching intently on your journal.

Thank you for your time! Much appreciated!
Great stuff! I hope you tag me. I'll do my best to follow along!
Nice ‘becoming’ story on BPN. This will be fun to watch. :)
I thought so too Amy! :high-five:

I've been eyeing their organic line-up to use in my new setup, planned for this spring. To say I'm highly interested is an understatement. The Root magic is something I'll be reading up on as well, I can see this being an all around handy product (outside of the medical gardens).

I've been eyeing their organic line-up to use in my new setup, planned for this spring. To say I'm highly interested is an understatement. The Root magic is something I'll be reading up on as well, I can see this being an all around handy product (outside of the medical gardens).
I've seen it discussed here before and the importance of having a healthy rhizosphere. I could be wrong but I thought it was Amy who had some discussions on it at one time.
I went with their synthetic line as my thinking was that more growers would use that line. I may ask them for their organic products down the road for another journal.

Great write-up MrS! Not a lick of Si in their mix...will you be supplementing with any?
I most certainly will be Shed! That will be the only item that I will be adding. I think it's a hidden element right now in the industry. No products I've seen appear to have high amounts of Si.
Also, it's almost entirely nitrate N, which leads me to believe that it's being done to keep the hydro folks happy (that was GLN's reasoning as well when I asked), since that's the best form for plants in water.
Most likely. I think with soilless and soil type grows you can get away with it by the buffering capabilities of those substrates. Since you want pH levels of around 5.8 in hydro you start with a higher nitrate formula. As you add the other chemicals the pH is naturally drawn down to correct pH levels for hydroponic growers.

Hey everybody!
I dropped the beans yesterday around 1pm.

This morning I had 3 out of the 4 seeds crack. Below are the first stages of my germination process.

First I find my three sexiest jars available. Yes, jars can be sexy.

Then I fill them 1/2 - 3/4 of the way with distilled water.

Then I drop the seeds in the sexy jars.

What you can't see is my stupidity for not taking one more pic; the final wrap. Each jar is wrapped with tinfoil. This keeps the light out and the heat in. My jars are then placed in the cabinet which houses my receiver. This keep things around 78F.

Later today I'll be sowing them all in solo cups. I'll have pics for that process too.
:Rasta:

Love it!!! Really excited to see you grow out those varieties too :cheer: :yummy:
Hello Sye! The GG I've waited a long time to get the seeds. I'll have to clone them and hope for a good pheno. The Pakistan Kushs' are ones that I wanted to try as well. I got those not long ago so they made the short list quickly. Good for them. :high-five:
Thanks for dropping by. :circle-of-love:

I have stumbled in under my own power.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Looking forward to what you turn loose here,
Hiya Dab! Stumbling is what most do getting in here. Welcome aboard!!
I sure hope your using sexy tinfoil.
Lol, I am. Very lacy . Not good for cooking though.

Stumbling is what most do getting in here
I keep telling you the doorway is a bad place to keep your pet rock collection!

Really looking forward to that Pakistan Valley - I have one or 2 of those seeds and it has nearly made it into every grow I’ve run. It’s going to be great to watch it here and then get your consumption reports!

I keep telling you the doorway is a bad place to keep your pet rock collection!

Really looking forward to that Pakistan Valley - I have one or 2 of those seeds and it has nearly made it into every grow I’ve run. It’s going to be great to watch it here and then get your consumption reports!
With my rocks and your popcorn it's a wonder anyone can get in. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You're not familiar with my consumption reports obviously. :)
I'll try and make an effort on one at the end for you.

Back
Top Bottom