My 2nd 1st Attempt - Bubble Bucket Grow

do you have any other method of taking pictures? Iphone? the pictures upload sideway, which i can deal with, but the resolution is usually pretty good.

Any newer cellphone will have a decent camera in it that you could use. tablets too.

Dune was an old movie about a substance called spice they mined on a planet called DUNE and they had giant worms people would fly over the deserts looking for spice and worm signs. Worms meant spice. I don't have a better camera im trying to borrow 1. I am using an iphone 4 but the pics blow, up close. No matter I am almost 100% what I an seeing is pre-flower, I guess i'll be changing bucket#2 the water is getting to much acid and you were saying it looks like nut burn. May be changing my plans the LSD and since its so far behind I am considering letting it grow out some and cloning to near death.

Well heres a early morning picture lights just came on the plant is now nearly 3 feet by 3 feet. It grew at least 2 inches with the lights off. My light is rated at @2 square feet thank good I got the CLW bloom booster. Still waiting on my 3rd light LOL looks like i'll be lucky if it gets here in 2 weeks now.
IMG_31934.JPG
IMG_31913.JPG

So I discovered the secret sauce today finally! I've been playing with how to mix nutrients and in what order. Seems everyone has an opinion on what goes in what order. Last water change I was close but this time I made one mix order change and presto ph perfect AN products worked! So I started with AN ancient earth at 8ml. Bubble that for an hour. Then I added GH armorsi 2ml, GH calimagic 6ml, Botanicare aquashield 20ml, PLant Success orca 2ml, AN micro 15ml, AN grow 15ml, and AN bloom 14ml. Checked PH after a good mixing and PH is 6.0. That's close enough to perfect for me this all went into bucket #2 with 2 gallons of water. Bucket #2 is bigger now I'll post some pics later but it looks like as soon as the leaves recover it will go into bud phase. All 3 plants are female YAY! Now I'll see what this dirt potted plant is in another 2 weeks or so. Bucket#3 I decided to leave the water its small and cant possible have used much nutrients the water is still almost full and there are only about 8 roots hanging in the water, so its gona ride that water another week. Bucket#1 I see preflowers everywhere just really small but the water has been perfect everyday since water change PH 5.8 or so. Great timing on figuring out the water

>>> as soon as the leaves recover

The affected leaves wont ever recover. The dead (necrotic) spots will spread to the rest of that leaf and eventually just fall off. Its just the plants way of shedding dead leaves. It will suck the remaining stored nutrients from the leaves and then fall off when they are no longer useful for the plant.

>>> I am using an iphone 4 but the pics blow, up close.

That picture i sent you at the beginning of this page was taken with my iphone! you can see the ridges in my fingerprint! try tapping the screen to focus, or changing it to HDR settings when taking the picture?

I agree tho, too close and you cant focus on anything.

Glad to hear you figured out your PH situation in your water. Want to know something pretty cool?

I dont even check my PH anymore! I dont have to. It stays at 5.6-5.9 all the time.

I just changed out my grow box reservoir and just out of curiosity, i grabbed my PH/PPM pen and took a reading of each. PPMs didn't even read cause the solution was so concentrated (which means my plants were feeding very heavily as the water levels were low too, PPMs were only high because of the amount of water remaining)

But my PH was at 5.8, which is exactly what it was when i filled up the reservoir. I see zero deficiencies, and my plants in my grow box have grown faster than i could have ever imagined. I just wish it was bigger, so i could grow a bigger plant in it!!

Its mostly due to the order i mix my nutrients in.

I always start with ArmorSi first and stir well, cause the silica has troubles dissolving when there is other metals in the water, and the Silica raises PH, which i dont want to do anywhere near the end.

I then add my Cal/mag+.
Then in this order everytime.

Micro
Grow
Bloom
Rapid Start (if using)
Floralicious Plus
FloraBlend.

*Edit* I forgot to mention i now use KoolBloom, which again, hasn't affected PH or PPMs really.. but i haven't used the Liquid stuff yet.. just about to for my first time.

i add the KoolBloom (either Liquid or Dry depending what stage of growth. Never use together as i'm sure this will burn your plants!! haven't tested that, and dont plan on it haha!) right after i add the 3-part. So micro, grow, bloom, then KoolBloom.

Thats it.. My PH is always 5.8 or 5.9 without adding any PH up or down. The Florablend brings down the PH if its high at all, which after adding my GH Micro, Grow and Bloom, which all have PH buffers in them, its usually already right where i want it.

Ya green that's really close to how I order my mix except I am using ancient earth first to kinda treat the hard water. At least it seems to buffer every PH fluctuation I had previously. I only use rapid in the 1st 3 weeks or if the roots aren't branching out enough. My roots are currently streaked black and red. I cut a small sample washed it its pure white and crispy under the coloring. So far eveytime I go over 1/2 nut strength on the 3 part I get burns from it. My plants are huge and over 50 days, shouldn't I be able to push more nutrients at this point? I wish my camera could get closups I now see small hairs forming in many spots in the exact place they should be in preflower mode now! That's @9 days into bloom. Bucket#2 is the same age still in veg and has shown preflower as well. My new light is still ?? as they still don't have the 1st shipment from the factory yet. That's what happens when you pre-order the first round of the newest light some company makes.

bucket1 day total 59 bloom day8, bucket2 veg day 59, bucket3 veg day 45. I got a pic of the tops of bucket1 even with HDR on my iphone my hand isn't steady enough for focus. Its big and since my led light is still not here I went and got a 2 foot t5 ho full spectrum to supplement underneath since I left about 30 tops below the canopy. My solution: a quarter turn every 3 hours to face the t5 at least until my final light shows then I can use this t5 in veg area! I got a few pics of bucket 2 and 3 looks like #2 has finally decided to grow big and bucket3 the LSD is starting to fill out and grow its not going to die that's for sure, I'm still wondering if I will just make a ton of clones off of it and share them with the world of growers in my area that have not ever had the LSD strain.
IMG_32044.JPG
IMG_32037.JPG
IMG_32026.JPG
IMG_32016.JPG
IMG_32005.JPG
IMG_31996.JPG

Day 60 bloom day 9, bucket #1 may have super bad news. I have not seen a male in years so I'm not sure. I see a few very few and very small female pre-flowers, but now 2 days later I see what I think is male pre-flower. O shit! Well I'll give it till Friday and see whats up that will be day 14 and i'll know wither way for sure but I have a bad feeling as the tops look weird and not the bud look. Bucket#2 veg day 60, looks to be recovering and getting a lot taller. This is my go to plant if #1 is really male. Ph for #1 and #2 are sitting around 5.8 its hard tell exactly as my digital meter is still in the mail, but the color is close to 6.0 just a tad under. Bucket#3 the LSD (barneys farm fem) well its topped finally and now with the 3 original tops its got 5 total and is growing nice and green hopefully the 2nd tallest top will catch up to the 2 new tops and the 3rd top will come close as well. PH 5.8 this water is now 10 days old and running perfect still. Maybe I'll change the water at the middle or end of next week. PICS please someone tell me is this big plant a girl or a boy?
IMG_32173.JPG
IMG_32155.JPG
IMG_32145.JPG
IMG_32136.JPG
IMG_32126.JPG
IMG_32115.JPG
IMG_32104.JPG
IMG_32078.JPG
IMG_32057.JPG

is it possible to take pictures using the HDR setting on the Iphone? it might come out more clear.

If you aren't seeing any signs of female sex by now, give it a few more days and the sex of the plant should show.

Is that a mirror behind the plant in flower?

LOL ya all the pics are with HDR on. I only shut it off for long far off pics. That is Mylar reflective on all the walls including inside the curtain I hung up. I see small pre-flowers hairs but I think I see lots more of the male pre-flowers that or those are some fat ass calyxes growing. I'll see it more clearly in a day or 2 as bloom is definitely taking its hold on the plant. If male i'll chop it and move on, and at least I can move everything back in the closet for veg. Still waiting on my new PH meter and led.

SO never give up right? I rearranged and regrouped. Bucket#2 and 3 are now in the led room and lights are switched in there to 18/6. The dirt pot I was sexing is now in a covered cabinet (homemade) that should be good for the 2 weeks I need to sex it. I now have an open bucket. Well never surrender, I am germinating a northern lights auto fem from royal queen seeds. That will go in the bucket. PICS of the new setup. O I defoliated the bucket#2 plant I want it to stretch and breath for then next 2 weeks then send it into bloom. Maybe the LSD as well as its starting grow and its been toped for 2 days now.
IMG_32364.JPG
IMG_32353.JPG
IMG_32337.JPG
IMG_32304.JPG
IMG_32282.JPG
IMG_32275.JPG
IMG_32264.JPG
IMG_32245.JPG

No I didn't get any pictures. I just chopped away I could see male pollen sacks everywhere. It was pointless to go on so I just cleaned it out and reset my grow room with bucket 2 and 3. Hopefully this auto will sprout soon and I can just put it in and watch it grow. Never did an auto before so I wont do much other than feed it.

the defoliation you just did probably stunted growth by a few days.. looks like you took a ton of leaves off..

if you do defoliate, try to do it in small batches, rather than sitting down and raping your plant lol in one session.

i dont even defoliate anymore. What i'm seeing with my WW is amazing. the more leaves the plant has, the more energy it can create for itself by means of photosynthesis, and during flower, the more stored nutrients the plant has to use

If you wanna "open" it up, start tying down branches and such.. not fan leaves.. branches only

Also, remember, the less leaves the plant has, the less able it is to "breathe" as leaves are necessary for photsoynthesis which takes in Carbon Dioxide, sugar and water and turns it into oxygen

Ya I agree normally but this last time it got to crowded if it wasn't a male I would have a forrest. This plant is even more dense there were like 6 tops getting no light now they are reaching up and getting strong growth plus I want this to go into bloom in 2 weeks so I don't want to defoliate again before that time I am not concerned with this bagseed growing super it may not even be female but Im gona spread it out as best I can. The LSD on the other hand got toped 3 days back and is looking really good. Just got off the phone with Innovative grow lights and doubled my order for the old price not the current list price and my lights will be here sometime after Friday as that's the day its scheduled to arrive. So that's 2 Kessil H380s and 2 free goosenecks. Under $585. O I just saw the updated info on the h380 it now has UV included in the spectrum and is tunable. I see my auto northern lights has barely popped open ill wait for a little more tap rot and set into presoaked (GH rapidstart, Aquashield, Orca) rockwool cube. SO I will have a total of 376 watts of led power drawing from the wall, advertised watts at 400.

I was at this Aquatics store on friday or saturday getting a water pump for my PVC drip system for my veg tent, when i noticed they sold Kessil Brand LED's. They looked to be alright for vegetative growth in aquarium settings. But i have a friend who does aquariums for his business and he says nothing can grow coral as good as HID, not even LEDs

And for 585, you can almost buy a 400w HID setup and an portable AC to keep the room cool. Actually, I know that i could get a 400w digital ballast, CoolTube reflector, Hps and MH bulbs, timer and a Yo yo hanger, plus a 8,000 BTU AC to cool the room, all for about $600.

Different strokes for different folks tho right?

TRue story LED is expensive but its what I am going to do or die making it work out. I'll have a collection of 3 kessils and 1 CLW by end of next week. At least mine are the highest quality so ill get years of usage, and no1 will be able to beat me for how modular my lights are. I plan on getting 3 more h380s eventually and a spectral spinner.

Back
Top Bottom