My Favourite Strain: 2 Peyote Critical, Soil Grow 440W LED 2x4'

Beautiful job Bill! Looks like it's bath time for 'em. Watch the bubble bath as it gets a little foamy :)
Thanks MrS.
They are coming along nicely now :)
They told me they prefer an eposm salt bath to a bubble bath :laughtwo:

Veg day 51.

So with all the excitement of harvesting my first grow I've neglected this journal a little.

I transplanted the ladies to their 7 gal fabric pots 4 days ago.
The root balls were unbelievable, I've really let them get totally dry before watering and I think this has helped grow strong roots.

So today they were totally dry again and had a full soaking.
1ml biobloom
0.5ml Cal mag
2ml root juice
Ph5.8

I have started with the calmag as I'm seeing the very start of what I believe to be a mag deficiency in a couple of leaves.
The ladies are now in the bloom tent and have a total of 390 watts of light over them.
They have 9 days to do some serious growing before I flip to 12-12.
IMG_20200208_155832.jpg

Nine days and they'll be ready... nice growth right now and most people may have been inclined to flip them already. If you have plenty of supply there's never a rush to flip imo, until height restrictions dictate for you to do so.
I would say I have about 18 months before my supply runs out now:cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm traveling to the USA for a month in may so I just need to make sure I have time to flower and dry these ladies. If I flip in 9 days it gives me 11.5 weeks so I should be safe.
My aim now is to try and keep these ladies happy all the way to harvest, I want pretty plants and top quality buds, I really don't need a big yield off these but we all like to better ourselves don't we ;)

Very impressive! This is something to strive for.
Thank DD
Gotta wait for my dry weight by it's looking like a helluva lot more than I expected:yahoo:

Veg day 53.

Now they are in my bloom tent I can spy on them whenever I want with my WiFi camera.
I noticed today they have a bit of a grumpy look.
It didn't look like an oil need water wilt so I thought I would check on them.
Although they have drained a fair amount since last watering the fabric pots still have some weight so they are not ready for water yet.
I think they are just not happy about being moved, in the veg cupboard they had consistent 80 degree temps but we have had a real cold spell so the bloom tent is down in the low 70s.
Hopefully they will get over themselves and get used to the change.

On another note I'm not too sure I'm going to stick with the fabric pots after this grow.
The Canna terra I use has a real habit of shrinking back as it dries and I now have a 1/2 inch gap between the medium and the fabric.
Screenshot_20200210_194917.jpg

I stopped with the fabric pots too. I found that the way the canna terra pulls back from the edges meant I couldn’t water near the edge without it running down the outside. It took sooo long to water.

I stopped with the fabric pots too. I found that the way the canna terra pulls back from the edges meant I couldn’t water near the edge without it running down the outside. It took sooo long to water.
Exactly the same here buddy.
The other problem is when I lifted them to drain the drip trays it compressed a ton more water out the sides :thedoubletake:
I thought I'd try them but I think it's back to plastic for me next time.

Yep. Also since changing back to plastic I’m not dealing with R.H. spikes after a feed. It was never a massive issue, but it did need dealing with.
Keeping the cloth pots as backups now.

Veg day 53.

Now they are in my bloom tent I can spy on them whenever I want with my WiFi camera.
I noticed today they have a bit of a grumpy look.
It didn't look like an oil need water wilt so I thought I would check on them.
Although they have drained a fair amount since last watering the fabric pots still have some weight so they are not ready for water yet.
I think they are just not happy about being moved, in the veg cupboard they had consistent 80 degree temps but we have had a real cold spell so the bloom tent is down in the low 70s.
Hopefully they will get over themselves and get used to the change.

On another note I'm not too sure I'm going to stick with the fabric pots after this grow.
The Canna terra I use has a real habit of shrinking back as it dries and I now have a 1/2 inch gap between the medium and the fabric.
Screenshot_20200210_194917.jpg
They're coming along nice. I can't believe it's been 53 days already.

Veg day 59.

So just when you think you might actually know what you are doing I go and make another rookie mistake.
Last watering was too soon and I hadn't let them dry out enough, I suppose it's just me getting used to the 7 gal pots.

Anyway they have been looking a bit sad and droopy for the last couple of days but the pots feel dry so I'll let them go another day or 2 before watering.
I am seeing a few lower leaves with a little yellowing but I think it's probably due to the overwatering.
I have had good growth still and tomorrow was supposed to be flip day.
I've decided to let them go another watering cycle before I flip.

On a positive note I got these in the mail :)
IMG_20200216_202050.jpg
IMG_20200215_174605.jpg

I've decided to treat myself today and ordered a tent for veg.
I have limited space for a veg tent so I've gone with a 60x90x98cm tent which will fit my space and should allow me to grow a couple of plants until they are ready to flip.
I have my Mars 96 reflector and kingbo 300w lights dedicated for veg and also have my old 60cfm extraction fan I can use.
This means once I flip these peyote criticals I can plant a couple of lsd seeds :)
IMG_20200217_133401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom