My First Grow - DNA Multi-Strain In Soil Under 400W HPS

Re: First grow, tora bora, chocolope and holy grail kush DNA 400w hps in soil

Hey ShmokeSome,

I am using the bioBizz n what i would say is... dont follow the measurements on the bottle or the feeding schedule.
These are meant for more mature rooted cuttings etc.

We found out the hard way on my friends grow. So if you see any wee problem areas on your girls just give them plain old water for the next couple feeds n all will be ok.

I am using the BioBizz but have scaled back to 1ml Grow per L for veg n they like it but your plants may want more...
Loads of people say BioBizz is hard to, i think its easy lol

:peace:

Cheers man, by the sounds of it i've already added too much. I'll see how they fair after the feed this morning and if the show signs of stress i will go back to water for a few days. Is the leaves discoulering the first signs that the nutes are too strong? or are there any more signs i should be looking for?

found these pics of my box under construction, thought i'd share it to show that with a few materials anything is possible.
2w65geh.jpg

e7xi0g.jpg

Total cost for construction £18 (£10 of which was a tub of screws)

Had some wood lying around and my mate gave me a sheet and a half of plasterboard that was in his garage.

Light is borrowed from a friend.

2m x 2m sheet of "black and white" pvc sheet £2
paid £6 for my fan.
white emulsion paint from previous decorating
Seeds are all free.

Added cost since then......
PH meter £12
prop tray £3
nutes £10
soil £3
perlite £5
pots £5

Total cost to start growing £51 approx. Not bad when you think that weed is going for around £200 per oz.

nice wee grow bud, i used biobizz on my first grow, only had grow n bloom used loads, used them again once next grow but i bought heaven n top max i would recomen these two, when youve used far too much nutes the leaves will turn brown n crispy, if the tips start to turn brown thats when you know your pushing ur plant to the max before seriously stressing it

thanks for that TM bud! gonna have to keep an eye on them. out of interest did yu follow the feeding guidlines or did you use your own guidlines?

TM is spot on, your leafs give you all the sings to look for. I like to do a plain water then next time round feed them and next time round plain water. I was told this lowers the chance of build up and burning.

iv'e used bb many times and as the guy said a few post above me the bb schedule is meant for rooted cuttings and i'd say 5ml per 2L is a bit much...

Ps

Remember that with organics nutes you'll have to wait awhile for them to start working.

your talking in £, are you in the same part of the world as me then,

I't would seem so :)

Update!

The girls are loving it, well at least no signs of nute burn or strain on the plants.
gave them just regular water today but all is looking good so far.

The tora bora stem is looking a lot thicker already and it is a real stalky little plant, The HGK is also overtaking the chocolope in ters of height although the choco is still looking healthy. Peace

iv'e used bb many times and as the guy said a few post above me the bb schedule is meant for rooted cuttings and i'd say 5ml per 2L is a bit much...

Ps

Remember that with organics nutes you'll have to wait awhile for them to start working.

How long are we talking here? i fed them yesterday morning and they looking fine now. Could they still be to absorb?

Side question, what kinda size pots to finish them in?

my plants went into 3gallon pots due to the space i was using, but i wouldnt go any smaller than that, 3 gallon pot will easily grow a plant between 2 and 3 foot high, they say the plant can grow twice the pot size, so i 1ft 3gallon pot will grow a good 2 foot plant, so depending on how big you want them to be i would go with 3 gallon and above, 5 gallon would of been better for mine, the extra root room would of been good as the pot had loads of roots, i wouldnt say root bound but if they had more room i would of had bigger plants

my plants went into 3gallon pots due to the space i was using, but i wouldnt go any smaller than that, 3 gallon pot will easily grow a plant between 2 and 3 foot high, they say the plant can grow twice the pot size, so i 1ft 3gallon pot will grow a good 2 foot plant, so depending on how big you want them to be i would go with 3 gallon and above, 5 gallon would of been better for mine, the extra root room would of been good as the pot had loads of roots, i wouldnt say root bound but if they had more room i would of had bigger plants

Gallons? whats them? lol

using a unit convetor i'd say 3 gallon is about twice the size of my current post.

cheers for the help bro PPP

Mate i wouldn't go any bigger than 3gal/11ltr pots unless your growing trees lol.

Depending on strain and veg time i average just over 100g per plant when growing in 6.5ltr pots with coco. and my yield about halfs when i use soil...

So unless your getting the big yields to match the pot size i'd go smaller and in turn you'll save some money...

i think 3gallon pots are about 10 or 11 litres, not huge but big enough for what i needed,

Cheers for input mate. problem i have is height really.

Had a little look at your journal and seen that you have floor to ceiling space, Where as i only have about 5ft max. Bearing in mind the height of a 10ltr pot for example, do you think this is going to be a problem?
should i perhaps look for more shallow square pots that hold 10 ltr rather than the traditional 10ltr bucket?

they are in 7ltr pots now. could they be finished in them no problem or would i have rootball issues?

How long are we talking here? i fed them yesterday morning and they looking fine now. Could they still be to absorb?

it'll take roughly a week,

they are in 7ltr pots now. could they be finished in them no problem or would i have rootball issues?

just been through your journal and your plants ain't been in those pots for long so yes you can finish in them if wanted...

you should be ok with them pots as long as the veg time wasnt as long, base it on the fact that the plants will double height when you flip to 12-12, so by the time they have finished they will be twice as tall, so a 1ft plant will finish off at 2ft tall, give or take a few inches, so as long as you factor in the room needed for lights and then the height of the pot, then when you know what room you got you can then work out how big you want to veg the plants, i wanted mine to finish at 1ft high, but after i lst them i never managed to get them to grow to 1ft so flowered before and when they had finished id say they was about 1 ft tall and i got 1oz n 1/4 off each plant, i could of done with more, but now im using hps my plants are getting taller so the plants will be bigger, ill be sticking with the 11ltr pots as they should do plants up to about 3ft, so i think you will be ok with your pots as long as your not planning a long veg time,

you should be ok with them pots as long as the veg time wasnt as long, base it on the fact that the plants will double height when you flip to 12-12, so by the time they have finished they will be twice as tall, so a 1ft plant will finish off at 2ft tall, give or take a few inches, so as long as you factor in the room needed for lights and then the height of the pot, then when you know what room you got you can then work out how big you want to veg the plants, i wanted mine to finish at 1ft high, but after i lst them i never managed to get them to grow to 1ft so flowered before and when they had finished id say they was about 1 ft tall and i got 1oz n 1/4 off each plant, i could of done with more, but now im using hps my plants are getting taller so the plants will be bigger, ill be sticking with the 11ltr pots as they should do plants up to about 3ft, so i think you will be ok with your pots as long as your not planning a long veg time,

Plants don't stretch because of pot size, its determined by genetics. Final hight and root development before the switch to flower. Example, i have a few sativas going a atm and they've stretched x10 there height since the switch to 12/12 and there in 6.5l pots btw

Back
Top Bottom