GlasgowGreen's 1st Grow Nirvana White Widow Journal - 2012

GlasgowGreen

Hello and a warm welcome to the community of 420Magazine to my first grow.

All are welcome to join me on my adventure and please feel free to pitch in what you can as I am quite the novice.

I have been visiting this site for quite a while as I was interested in ditching the dealer. So after hours and hours of reading I have decided to join the community and give this a go for myself.

I was going to go with some seeds that a friend gave me but did not want the chance of having a mail plant in my grow area. I decided to head over to the guys at Nirvana and order son White Widow fem seeds. Thought this would be a better foundation to start from even tho those offered seeds have produced some nice plants so far.

I guess the plan for this grow is developing with me as I go. Nothing is set in stone just yet as I am quite new to this. So the info at this point is as follows but I will re-post and update when this changes.

What strain is it? Nirvana White Widow Fem
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid not sure on percentages
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Germination/early veg
If in Veg... For how long? Less than 1 week
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Not sure (Biobizz All-Mix)
If soil... What size pot? Small seed pots
Size of light? T5 4x24w
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 68-78
RH of Room/cab? 40rh-50rh
PH of media or res? Not sure
Any Pests ? Not yet
How often are you watering? When pots are lite and dry
Type and strength of ferts used? None as yet

As I said I ordered my seeds from Nirvana but was not expecting them to arrive so quick, only 4 days from shipment date

When I ordered the seeds I started to make a small area for the germination and early veg part of the grow.

Room117.JPG

Room214.JPG

Room312.JPG

I must say I love the way Nirvana have packed the seeds. Very well protected. As soon I got the seeds here I put 3 in for germinate (Paper towel method) I was not expecting to have them to pop tails this quickly... under 24hrs

Pack1.JPG

Pack2.JPG

Pack3.JPG

Seeds_Ready.JPG

I made up some small pots for the kids to start off in and got them nice and wet and up to temp before I popped them in. so I now have the timers set and I'm all ready to go (I think)

Pots_Ready.JPG

Pots_under_light.JPG

I guess its just a waiting game now

Wish me luck

Re: GlasgowGreen's 1st Grow Nirvana White Widow journal-2012

I really like your set up. Best of luck I'll be watching this thread :)

Thanks for your kind words Septumm, let's hope I hit gold on the first grow :cheesygrinsmiley:

Update time.

Well it's been a couple of days since I popped the seeds into the pots and I have some good singes of progress
Think this one will be popping out to say hi very soon.

CIMG1507b.jpg

This one may be just a few hours later, hope it's up before the lights go off.

CIMG1508b.jpg

Then I seen this one and felt a little sad

CIMG15141.JPG

I don't know why this has happened...

Has anyone else had a seed leaf fall off just as it is popping out the soil?

Will this affect the growth of my little wounded lady?

I'm guessing it will as the seed only has enough energy to get to the light and start the photosynthesis process as soon as it can. With a seed leaf missing I am guessing that this will slow things for a couple of days till the first true leafs have grown out a bit. Hope she will be strong enough.

I will not be around for the next couple of day so I will update as soon as I get back.

Fingers crossed guys.

:bitingnails:

im not a soil guy but im subbed
like to get in on the ground floor and watch

Update time:

Well after a couple of days of nail biting it looks like will be biting them for another couple days

For some reason the seed leafs on these plants are not looking good at all but it looks like the first set of leafs are turning out normal.

I was quite worried about the plant that had one of its seed leafs fall off when sprouting but she seems to be enjoying her new environment now. So I am not to worried about the others now

I think I will name the girls, think it would sound better than plant 1,2 and 3

So how do you guys think they look? Not perfect I know but that is the nature of nature.

I would like to formally introduce

Angel aka plant 1

Angel.JPG

Ashley aka plant 2

Ashley.JPG

Alanis aka plant 3

Alanis.JPG

So I gave the girls a watering with a drop of SuperThrive and raised the light just a wee bit more.

I was looking at training and topping of plants and was intrigued by the results people are achieving when they do this. So if anyone has a tip they want to pass on, please do.

I will wait till they are in the bigger pots and settled in before I attempt to train any of them.

Hopefully I will get that far.

I was over at my friends last night to catch up and have a look at the plants he is growing.
I was very impressed how they are turning out, after all these came from the bag seeds I was also going to grow.

CIMG1566.JPG

CIMG1568.JPG

CIMG15701.JPG

CIMG1572.JPG

Well a couple of days on from my last update and things are starting to look a little better for the girls
They seem to be getting over the weird seed leaf thing and stretching out to catch the light.

Angel_2.JPG

Angel3.JPG

Ashley2.JPG

Ashley3.JPG

Alanis2.JPG
-

Alanis3.JPG

So I am going to be using BioBizz nutes for this grow. The website says these are organic.

Just wondering if anyone has used any of these products and if so have you got any tips?

I have: Root-Juice, Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom and Top-Max

Well I have just over a week or so to figure this out and hopefully get it right.

Has anyone got any experience with SuperThrive… Pros and Cons advice?

:thanks: :peace:

Your babies are looking beautiful! I can't wait to see mine popping out, just planted em about 48 hours ago :)
And your friend has a nice looking plant!
I've seen that quite a few people use SuperThrive but honestly I'm a nub so can't really help ya on that.
Best of luck keep us posted!

I have seen loads of people put SuperThrive in with watering etc but never a comparison test done.

Septumm, what are you going to be growing and are you doing a journal?

Ill be doing two autoflowering big bud feminized lst with 600watts of cfl in my closet. And yes ill be starting it when they pop out of the soil :):

Ill be doing two autoflowering big bud feminized lst with 600watts of cfl in my closet. And yes ill be starting it when they pop out of the soil :):

Are you using both spectrum's of light at the same time or splitting the spectrums for both veg and flower?

Some people mix the lights together but i think if i was doing a CFL grow i would split them for both stages.

Hope they pop up soon so i can get a look :goodluck:

hi, i grew my plants under cfl as well and they do work, your soil looks very wet, these plants prefer a dry compost, i got 2 plants in flower and in only watering every 3 or 4 days. so let the pots dry out before adding more water as the roots like to get some oxygen out the soil, keeping them soaked stops the roots been healthy and causes root rot, the best thing to do is fill the same size pot with dry compost and only water when the plants feel as light as the dry pot, doing this will make them grow beter, they will be very stunted if the ground is to wet, i over watered mine at first and it stunted growth by loads, so let it dry out between watering

hi, i grew my plants under cfl as well and they do work, your soil looks very wet, these plants prefer a dry compost, i got 2 plants in flower and in only watering every 3 or 4 days. so let the pots dry out before adding more water as the roots like to get some oxygen out the soil, keeping them soaked stops the roots been healthy and causes root rot, the best thing to do is fill the same size pot with dry compost and only water when the plants feel as light as the dry pot, doing this will make them grow beter, they will be very stunted if the ground is to wet, i over watered mine at first and it stunted growth by loads, so let it dry out between watering

Hi donpaul.p :thanks: for your reply

I know the soil looks wet but its only because i do everything at once (water, pics, lights etc) so i am not disturbing the kids for to long. I always do the maintenance just after the lights have came on so they have the rest of the day to relax in the light. i also pop in and out through the day to give them a misting. they have been watered once (11th) since the sprouted up 7-8th and i don't think they will need anymore water till 15th.

Subd, look forward to seeing how this turns out

Thanks for the sub TM

Nice to see a fellow Scottish grower. :thumb:

:peace:

the little unslook healty as, im just about to start another grow just cant decide which strain to use lol

how long u going to veg for?

I'm not sure on how long as yet. i was thinking of waiting till i see some pre-flowers but not all girls show pre-flowers in veg.
if i don't see any pre-flowers by the time they are at least 18" tall then i will flip round about then.
the room i plan to use to flower them in in quite restrictive height wise so they will not be monsters.

As you can see i am going with a white strain this grow but would like to do something a bit more exotic.

ive got a few strains here, cotton candy,ice cream,sensi star, whiteberry, lemon skunk, exodus cheese royal purple kush n pure ak, need to make my space smaller so gonna do a 2l hepmy style grow. only got space for one mother plant tho so needty decide which strain to use lol. u gonna be training them to keep them low?

its good to see another 2 uk growers on here, im in the uk but further south than you to, without giving it away to much but you will probably guess where i am when i say their, where i am we sound very thick and wouldnt make good call center people, from that you should be able to pretty much guess where i am.

i noticed your seeds come from holland, a sponsor on here called herbies head shop us UK based and you get the seeds the very next day as long as you order them in the morning, but 48 hours at the very latest, so within 2 days you have the seeds i have used them a few times now, they also sell seeds from as little as £1.50 each in their pick and mix section, they offer some of the cheapest seeds around, and even if you only buy say 1 of the £1.50 seeds, they send you 3 seeds free that cost anything up to £10 each, so its worth having a look at them, very fast and discreet,

the last time i ordered a seed from them it was only a single fem auto about £3.00 and they sent me 2 x big bud#2 and 1x reserva privada sour kush femenised, so as you can see the seeds you get free are not cheap seeds they are costing more than the seeds you buy, so check them out when you want some seeds, i chose them as their uk based and delivery is next day signed for,

I was looking at Cotton Candy the other day and i think it looked awesome.

I will probably train them but need to wait to see how they take off first. i have about 4.5 feet for the actual plant to grow in the rest is pot and hood space.

Back
Top Bottom