GlasgowGreen's 1st Grow Nirvana White Widow Journal - 2012

Re: GlasgowGreen's 1st Grow Nirvana White Widow journal-2012

Just managed to get another wee bit done before work.

I cut the holes out for intake and exhaust then covered with white plastic

IMAG000916.jpg

I will try and get the light fittings mounted as soon as pos and post the pics

:peace:

Well thats me finished the light fixture and its in place

I changed the light layout so i can add another 2 if i want. this would take it to 300w @ 4600K :thumb:

IMAG003312.jpg

IMAG00348.jpg

IMAG003814.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, i forgot the camera and had to use my phone

Tomorrows mission will be topping the little ladies

Pictures to follow

great light hood mate, looks real good, and you made it so you can add more lights if needed, a nice bit of diy, ill reps you if i can.

you know your plants well cfls keep the growth short and bushy so i found a way of getting the plant to grow a bit quicker, what i did was open all the fan leaves up i used pipe cleaners and pulled open the fan leaves so the light could get into the new growth, i sort of pulled the fan leaves outwards towards the edges of the pot, what this did was let the light get into the growth at the nodes, i then found this made the plant grow quicker and made it open up and bush out more,

Another quick photo update

All 3 Plants Topped

This one is topped just above the 2nd node

IMAG002616.jpg

This one also just above the 2nd node

IMAG002216.jpg

This one was topped just above the 3rd node for comparison in the future

IMAG002321.jpg

These are the clones i made from the tops

IMAG002017.jpg

Let me know what you think guys

i wouldnt worry about the leaves to much, its either a sign the strain is not totally stable or that it could be how the seed was handled and planted as these problems can happen when the seeds are taken from paper towel to a pot, most often its the strain and it will sort itself out, i had a plant that was very strange till it got 3 nodes high then it sorted itself out, so give it time and it will start growing normal leaves again, the only thing i have noticed that causes strange leaf growth is by forcing a plant in flower to go back to veg, i am trying something where i have taken clones when the mother plants where well in flower, doing this is meant to give you something along the lines of monster cropping, where the plant goes crazy and grows a shed load of branches, these clones need to be taken around day 21 of flower, some of mine where slightly later than that, so now i have got 2 clones that are been forced back to veg, so its giving me single leaves again and some leaves that are curled up like a snail, before forcing it back into veg it was growing normal, but it seems forcing them back into veg causes stress and tn leaves, and 3 bladed fan leaves where bladed fan leaves, and 3 bladed fan leaves where one of the blades is curled up like a snail,

so i wouldnt worry about the leaves your plant is thrwoing out, my auto did the same from day 1 and its now growing as normal, so it will sort itself out further down the line,

are you using a humidity dome for the clones, if not then you need somewhere that humidity is high, also dont water the pots the clones are in, instead get a spray bottle and keep giving the leaves a spray, not doing this will make them wilt, also make sure the light is not to much at this stage, so keep them further away from the light or just under 1 or 2 cfls, you need to not water the pot they are in as this will slow root growth, but you need to keep the soil slightly damp, so spraying the clones with a fine mist often will help them grow roots and stop the leaves drying out and wilting

Oh i forgot to put the pic up with the lid on

CIMG1675.JPG

I put them under a T5 light in a corner of a cupboard.

I have them under 24hr light at the mo but will be cutting that back some time soon.

I'm not worried about the fan leaf thing cos i know all sorts of patterns can be put out. i have even seen a nice 10 bladed leaf before.

Quality wee set up mate, defo gave me a few ideas for my own homemade box, hope ye don't mind a fellow weegie stealing them ;)

:thanks: for stopping in and having a look.

Quality wee set up mate, defo gave me a few ideas for my own homemade box, hope ye don't mind a fellow weegie stealing them ;)

If you see anything you like you are more than welcome to use the idea and if you make it better than the original then please put some picks up so we can all see. its the best way to learn. Believe me, i am doing a lot of learning just now lol

Subbed GG, Nice and tidy set up you got there. Keep up the good work.

Glad you like the set up, i keep trying to improve the way i am controlling the environment so the girls have good conditions to grow.
The biggest thing i am having problems with is humidity but i have a few ideas on how to steady this out.

GG, my mate has just offered me the light ur using T5 4 bulb thing, can you tell me a little about it please mate. I'm currently using a 400w cooltube hps right through, are you using that t5 or are you switching to HPS for flower?

GG, my mate has just offered me the light ur using T5 4 bulb thing, can you tell me a little about it please mate. I'm currently using a 400w cooltube hps right through, are you using that t5 or are you switching to HPS for flower?

I started off with the T5 for Germination and the first 2 or so weeks of growth. I would not use it for the main grow light as it is just to week but it can be used as a supplemental light for dark spots in the grow room.

The T5 light i am using is rated at 96w (6,600 lumens) 6500K so each bulb is 24w. Have a look at the bulbs and see what they are rated at and if it tells you how many K they are. if you have 6500K then this is good for veg and 2700K are good for flowering.

My plan is use the T5 96w for Germination and clones then over to my DIY 240w light then i will be going to a 400w Metal Halide and then finally i will be using a 600w dual spectrum.

Hope this has helped you

Spot on GG, i hav an old toy chest i was gona convert into a baby station by fitting the lid with CFL's, think this may be a better idea as i would have to make something to house the T5 anyway. Cheers for the info though man. PPP

:thanks: to you all for stopping by and joining in.

I guess its time for a few new pictures to be posted up...

For the most part i am seeing good growth and a healthy look to the girls

This is one of the girls that got topped just above node 3, hopefully giving 6 equal tops

CIMG17041.JPG

CIMG17051.JPG

This on was topped at just above the second node, Hopefully giving 4 main tops

CIMG1706.JPG

CIMG1708.JPG

This is the other one that got topped just above node 2, again hopefully 4 main tops
But this one seems to be slower on the growth and for some reason has twisted branches....

I'm not to worried tho.. just hopping she is a late starter

CIMG1710.JPG

CIMG1712.JPG

Ok, so that's the picture bit done now, Hope you like

So guys tell me you're thought on Molasses??

I picked up a jar today with the intention in using this as an additional supplement at the final stages of flower.
I hear that this is meant to bulk up the buds and get the sticky stuff flowing.

Anything that helps good bud is a must in my eyes but i am also reading that this can be given all through the grow.

I sat for a wee while thinking about this and came up with the conclusion that it would be very beneficial to use molasses in the whole grow. The main reason being that molasses is just another form of sugar and our plants need sugar and carbs to do what they do best. Now i know this is all meant to come from the photosynthesis process and feeding but when we add the molasses to our growing medium this feeds the beneficial micro-organisms and fungi that live at the plants roots. It's these little guys that will help your plant stay strong and grow well.

What i will be doing is 5ml/1 tps to 4L of water. Must be Un-Sulphured molasses Only as sulphur will kill microbes!!!

I will post pictures regularly as always and hopefully the pics will show all.

All comments and thought welcome

Back
Top Bottom