My First Grow - Ontario, Canada

Sassyfemme

This is my first try at growing and I'm amazed things seem to be going so well. I'm up in Ontario, Canada and I'm thinking harvest will not be anytime before mid to late october. Both plants are Indica though I don,t know from what strain as I got them from two different sources and both are from seed bags. Let me know what you think and of course, I welcome any constructive suggestions and help. :cheer:

Littlesister1.jpg

Little Sister
Bigmomma_august23.jpg

Big Momma
Bigmommabuds1.jpg

Big Momma buds
Bigmommabuds.jpg

Big Momma Buds

Re: My first grow, Ontario, Canada

And this is a leaf from each plant. Leaf on the left hand side is from Big Momma and the leaf on the right, from Little sister. I notice that the leaf from Big Momma is thinner and longer than the leaf from Little sister which is wider and shorter. I think they are both Indica dominant but they are likely hydrids. Any thoughts ?
Bigmomma_and_Littlesister_leaves.jpg

My two posts above didn't go the way I wanted them to image-wise so please disregard.Here are new pics and I'm so happy with seeing all the buds popping out all over both plants.

Bigmomma_and_Littlesister_august28.JPG

Bigmomma and Littlesister, august 28th

Bigmomma_august28.JPG

Bigmomma, august 28th

Littlesister_august28.JPG

Littlesister, august 28th

Bigmommabuds1.jpg

Some Bigmomma buds

Littlesister_budding_august28.JPG

Littlesister budding

budsandtrychs_on_Bigmomma_2sept.JPG

I've began noticing the development of trychs all over the buds and surrounding leaves, and lots of it. I tested a couple of buds yesterday and WOW, strong medicine, was euphoric and kind of had that body high going on at the same time, wasn't too tempted by the munchies. :cheer:

Nice work Sassyfemme! If your looking for some munchies you could always make edibles or some extracts. I find those always give me the munchies, especially my bubble hash. +reps:high-five::peace:

Ok, so here's the thing, I grew my plants from bag seed, not knowing much of anything about any kind of cultivation. I basically germinated the seeds and then proceeded to plant them in small pots until they took and grew to about 10 inches or so, they were in vegetative mode and when I figured they could be transplanted in the garden, I took them out and voilà. All in all, I had them near a window, watered them, gave them a small amount of miracle grow and waited for what I felt was the right time to bring them outdoors.

Out of a dozen, three were males and I gave away the other females to friends, keeping two. Next year, I'm planning on buying properly identified seeds.
Hey quick question for ya. How do you 12/12 those bad boys? they look great can't wait to see harvest

Nice work Sassyfemme! If your looking for some munchies you could always make edibles or some extracts. I find those always give me [B[/B]the munchies, especially my bubble hash. +reps:high-five::peace:

Thank you, it's been a lot of fun, a little nerve racking since they are planted in my backward garden with neighbours to both side that can see in. No, not really wanting the munchies effect though it's all good. :cheer:

New pics from both my plants as buds continue to mature.

Bigmommabud_sept9.JPG

This is a close up of a bud on Bigmomma, september 9th

Bigmommabud1_sept9.JPG

Another close up of a bud on Bigmomma, september 9th

Littlesister_sept9.JPG

Close up of buds on Littlesister, september 9th

Looking good! Definitely looks like some purples!

Yum yum!

Nothing like growing quality medicine on the first time with a random seed. Although keep in mind, make sure no bugs (caterpillars/worms) are finding their way into your buds! I grew bomb bud just like this my first time, also used miracle grow, but it was infested with budworms.

Are u using any insecticides now? I ordered SNS-209 and am hoping it fends off all insects.

I have some flowers ( at an earlier stage), that looked just like yours. I'm hoping they look like yours later too!

Nice first grow, and best of luck with the harvest. I will like to see some pics. Your gonna get some nice scissor hash too!

~RL:420::goodjob:

The plants are doing pretty well in the garden, other than some spiders spinning webs to catch pests, they are pesticide free. We have a bird feeder just a few feet away and they are voracious eaters of bugs which is a very good for the plants. Yes, I'm thinking one of the plants could be a PK but I really don't know as both are from bag seeds. I do think this is going to be a good crop and yes, I am going to smoke me some yummy scissor hash, likely in 3-4 weeks time. :)
Looking good! Definitely looks like some purples!

Yum yum!

Nothing like growing quality medicine on the first time with a random seed. Although keep in mind, make sure no bugs (caterpillars/worms) are finding their way into your buds! I grew bomb bud just like this my first time, also used miracle grow, but it was infested with budworms.

Are u using any insecticides now? I ordered SNS-209 and am hoping it fends off all insects.

I have some flowers ( at an earlier stage), that looked just like yours. I'm hoping they look like yours later too!

Nice first grow, and best of luck with the harvest. I will like to see some pics. Your gonna get some nice scissor hash too!

~RL:420::goodjob:

Littlesisterbuds2_sept9.JPG

This is Littlesister, I have no idea what strain it is but it's coming along nicely.

Bigmommabuds3_sept9.JPG

Bigmomma showing off yummy purplish buds

Bigmommabuds2_sept9.JPG

Bigmomma with more purplish colored buds

Sad news, 2 days ago, our next door neighbor came by to warn us that a teenage friend of her son mentioned that he had noticed our two plants in our backward and he was intending to come during the night and steal them. We happen to live in a house that is attached to others on both sides, in a very family oriented area so we cannot even attempt to make any waves without risking that they would call the police and rat us out. So, we did the ponly thing we could; that same evening, we cut both plants and brought them inside and cut the branches, trimmed everything and hung them up to dry in a dark room. It's several weeks too early but it was this or let that little creepazoid take steal our labor ( I would not give him that satisfaction, not even a small sick bud ).

I did sample the plants last week and got a real good high, and yesterday evening, after trimming leaves, I was able to make a small ball of scissor hash that we smoked, wow, what a head buzz, it lasted over 2 hours.

From now, on, it's indoor growing for us.

Back
Top Bottom