Emmie's Organic NYC Diesel, August 2020

Bloom, Day 68
When the room warmed up again, this one threw out several new white pistils and looked like it was going into a last minute build up before the end. I think the cold almost wiped this one out, but she never has been totally problem free. Most of her leaves turned to their fall colors and the buds have looked hard, chunky and finished for some time, but yet she continues on and there is very little amber trichome activity to be seen. She even hermied in a very sneaky way and has stealthily developed a seed... just one seed that I can see, right in the middle of one of the buds. Very strange indeed the way it did this, but I see no signs of pollen getting out into the room... no one else is producing seeds.

I think this plant has been abused since late in veg and it is doing the best it can at this point. I plan on going all the way to the end with this one just to see what happens, and then we are going to try to do much better with her clones that will be coming into the room for the next round. At the very least, she is a very striking plant, and these buds should have some big bag appeal at the end.

DSCF8819.JPG

i would frame that pic . :thumb:
Its a cool pic, but it shows the problem that has developed. Today I put this plant in the dark to get ready to pull her tomorrow She is done. She is do done that she has gone into overgrow and now is throwing nanners all over the plant... she is big time working on pollinating herself.

So this evening after examining her carefully with the microscope, it was determined that there are indeed amber trichomes all over this thing... not in the numbers that I expected, but they are there. I let the microscope determine for me that early or not, this one has decided to get done now. We will see if her clones actually are able to be 84 day plants, but this one was not, for whatever reason. There are also some out of focus shots of the little hermi flowers shooting out all over.

2020-11-30-181801.jpg
2020-11-30-182024.jpg
2020-11-30-182045.jpg
2020-11-30-182155.jpg
2020-11-30-182214.jpg
2020-11-30-182247.jpg
2020-11-30-182313.jpg

I lollipopped her tonight to get some air to the buds and to clean her up a bit for tomorrow night. After taking off all the big yellowing and cold changed leaves, she looks pretty normal. There are a lot of trichomes in there... it is going to be interesting curing her out to see what is going on.

DSCF8833.JPG
DSCF8830.JPG

Here are a couple of shots of her hanging and drying after the wash. All the buds are not this nice, but if these are any indication of what we can get, I am very excited about the clones coming up in the next round. Now that I know a bit more about her and her tendency to get in her own way, I will be treating her a little differently in bloom and even in my final training of her in late veg. I will probably also lollypop her early so as to free up more of these big heavy buds to light and air.

DSCF8845.JPG
DSCF8844.JPG

The buds still aren't quite dry enough to be curing, but they are getting there. A couple of test bowls have confirmed that this is going to be some strong smoke, but it is still way too early to tell what she is going to taste like.

In this shot of Veg Room #1, half of these plants, the more robust stalks and taller reaching ones, are 3 more Diesels along with 3 more Strawberry Coughs, getting ready to move over to the bloom room in the next week or two.

DSCF8866.JPG

Preliminary smoke report:
The product is just now getting into the curing range, having taken a slow leisurely stroll down humidity lane and finally down into the mid 60's. The quality is definitely coming up, and one has to be careful already with this stuff or all productive activity will stop as the massive stone starts to set in. The taste is what everyone in the room noticed last night... something I haven't seen before: a clear taste of fresh pear! It is a very interesting earthy and peppery smell at first and then the pear taste hits you in the aftertaste, with bystanders noticing the same thing, even in the residual smoke around the room. We don't know if this is the natural taste of this strain or not, having finished early presumably because of the cold... but early or not, she has turned into some very interesting and powerful smoke and she is quickly becoming one of our favorites in our pot connoisseur pantry going into the Christmas / New Year's season.

Here is a shot of the 3 new NYC Diesel clones, now in day 3 of transition in the bloom room. These plants are in the second row from the front, enjoying the amazing light at 20 inches away from the NextLight MEGA.

20201217_074309.jpg
Nice. Is that 9 plants or 12?

Preliminary smoke report:
The product is just now getting into the curing range, having taken a slow leisurely stroll down humidity lane and finally down into the mid 60's. The quality is definitely coming up, and one has to be careful already with this stuff or all productive activity will stop as the massive stone starts to set in. The taste is what everyone in the room noticed last night... something I haven't seen before: a clear taste of fresh pear! It is a very interesting earthy and peppery smell at first and then the pear taste hits you in the aftertaste, with bystanders noticing the same thing, even in the residual smoke around the room. We don't know if this is the natural taste of this strain or not, having finished early presumably because of the cold... but early or not, she has turned into some very interesting and powerful smoke and she is quickly becoming one of our favorites in our pot connoisseur pantry going into the Christmas / New Year's season.
Pear sounds fun, and yummy!

Bloom, Day 23
NYC Diesel is really turning out well on this round. The clones are allowing all of the large bud structures to develop without crowding as we had in the original plant grown from seed. They have all stretched out to around 30 inches and are going to produce quite well for being in 3g bags.

Here is a typical representative, the one of the 3 under the Mars SP-3000. She has turned out to be a beautiful plant, and worthy of the extensive training she got to be able to have a seat at this table.

DSCF8993.JPG
DSCF8992.JPG

Back
Top Bottom