My First Journal

BrownStone

Hi Everyone in the 420mag community! This is my attempt to start a grow journal....I am a relatively inexperienced grower by todays standards. DWC and Hi Brix were unheard of in my heyday of growing in the eighties in Seattle. Being somewhat a tech nerd though, I love to learn and read with a passion.

I use LED lighting exclusively. LED haters....keep right on hating! I have three 600W lights in my flowering room.

Welcome to 420!!!

Consider posting pictures. I'm a HID but I love me a good LED grow! Some of the best growers in the magazine are using LED and their killing it!

Hope to see you around!

DSC0012014.JPG

Wow. Judging by the looks of those girls, you're killing it!!! I'm breath taken. I hope you pat yourself on the back every now and again cause you deserve it.

Keep it up!!

Thanks Heirloom! Criticism and compliments are welcome!!!:high-five:

A little more about my vegetative grow!

Start date: Germinated 8/1, I like to germinate in Rapid Rooters....it keeps the seed in an exact location. I use distilled water that is ph adjusted to soak the rooters for 30 minutes....adding three or four drops of General Hydroponics Rapid Start. I plant the seed 3-4mm deep and cover it loosely with a small piece of Rooter material. I place the tray uncovered under a T5 for germination....spraying lightly on a daily or as needed basis to keep the top of the Rooter material moist...I keep a minimal water level in the tray 2-3mm depending on ambient humidity. My germination rate this grow 100%....started an extra White Widow-Robert Bergeman just because the seeds looked "puny".

Just wanted to say :welcome: to :420:

Transplanted into clear Solo cups....then covered with a second red cup. Two cups....one Girl!!!!:thumb: I used a mixture of HP Promix and Coco Loco from FoxFarms. Straight water until week three or four...at least. I also add pure compressed oxygen via an aerator stone. I range my PH between 5.8 and 6.2 After root mass accumulates I transplant into two gallon plastic plant bags....again using a 50/50 mix of HP Promix and Coco Loco. After my first grow in strictly Coco Loco I decided my Team needed a lighter medium to allow better aeration, so I researched and decided on Promix as a cutting medium. First feeding consisted of 12ml Big Bloom 5ml Cal/Mag 1ml BThrive per gallon (500ppm)...drenching the medium to eliminate air pockets. The Coco in the mix really retains moisture....I water once a week at this point. At the five internode I top my plants to generate multiple tops...this depends on what strain. I haven't topped Bubba or the Chronic I believe they will stay short based on my research.....

Wow! What beauties. Thanks for the invite BrownStone. So far so good, so I'll grab my box of popcorn and have a seat. :popcorn:

Hello Everyone!!! Thank you all for making me feel welcome. Pigeon, Tinker, MagicJim, Glimmer I am very happy to have you all along!:high-five:

My Team consists of nine feminized girls of varying genetic makeups....some old school stuff and some new, never grown a "kush" type plant up until now. I have read about certain advantages to the open structure in regards to light penetration. I have more experience with Afghan genetics....short, stout, and fat leaves. Northern Lights, Frieseland, and Skunk/Afghan hybrids....etc. All of my previous grow experience is twentyfive years old, but.....like riding a bike, your never forget how once the skill is acquired. Lol....I hope!

Team Cookies

Bubba 76
Emerald Triangle
90/10 Ind/Sat
Short
Pre-98 Bubba Kush x 76 Afghani

Blackberry OG
Emerald Triangle
80/20 Ind/Sat
Medium
Black Domina x Very Berry x Lost Coast OG Kush

Cinderella 99
BC Bud Depot
15/85 Ind/Sat
Medium
Jack Herer x Shiva Skunk

The Purps
BC Bud Depot
60/40 Ind/Sat
Medium/Tall
Mendo Purps x Mendo Purps

Money Maker
The Strain Hunters
70/30 Ind/Sat
Short
Master Kush x Hindu Kush x Skunk

Fruity Chronic Juice
Delicious Seeds
90/10 Ind/Sat
Short
Chronic x White Widow

White Widow
60/40 Ind/Sat
Short
Brazilian x South Indian Indica

Strawberry Cough
DinaFem
20/80 Ind/Sat
Medium
Strawberry Field x Haze

That's a great line up!

You've got some strains here I would love to see start to finish! Strawberry cough and White Widow. Two particular strains I've never tried. And it'll be awhile before I do, I think.

Can't wait to see some green!

All the best!

Back
Top Bottom