My First RDWC Organic Indoor Tent Grow, LED Lights, Pineapple Express & Money Bush

adamblues

I'm starting my first Hydro grows in RDWC with 5 gal buckets setup as follows:

Same config for each grow tent:

-2ea 5 gal buckets plus 5 gal controller bucket with Eco 528 pump
-Big Easy 80 Grow tent
-6 inch fan for air movement pointed at plants
-Mars Hydro 192 and 96 LED lights (1ea)
-Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow / Bloom, Silica Blast, Hydroplex, Cal-mag, Liquid Karma,
GH Rapid Start, and Flying Skulls Z7. Using RO water
-Temp / Humid gauge
-6 inch cylinder air stones (1ea bucket)

My first tent: 2 Heavyweight Money Bush Feminized 80% Indica

My Second tent: 2 Fast Buds Pineapple Express autoflower Mostly Indica

I might squeeze in those 3rd plants in plain DWC bubbler buckets if there is space afterwards...

I started to germinate 3 seeds from each strain on March 2nd using Rapid Rooters and water and a 125w CFL just a few inches from the plants. All seeds popped within 3 days, but the Pineapple Express is starting a little slower. Not sure I like the Rapid Rooters as the holes seem too deep. Today being one week in, I am starting to move them to the tents.

The Money Bush are now in a tent. LED's are 30" above the plants.
PH 5.9 / Water temp 70 / ppm 157 after using 20ml Pure Blend Pro Grow, 5ml Cal Mag, 5ml Liquid Karma, and 5ml Silica Blast to start out. Will monitor and adjust as needed and will add the Z7 next week.

Also will add ventilation in the next few days. Considering adding CO2 in a few weeks, not sure yet on that one....

Pics under LED are not coming out great, will work on that....
DSC0015113.jpg
DSC0015215.jpg
DSC0015016.jpg

Re: My First RDWC Organic Indoor Tent Grow - LED Lights - Pineapple Express & Money B

Nice! Subbed in mate!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: My First RDWC Organic Indoor Tent Grow - LED Lights - Pineapple Express & Money B

Hey Adamblues,

Going to grab a seat with you. Planning on doing DWC soon so looking to gain some knowledge from your grow.

RDWC growing is a blast. Huge root balls and big plants. I'll be harvesting my first RDWC grow in about 28 days or so. Make sure you have a good calibrated ph meter and a good TDS (ppm) meter when you start, they are essentials to a healthy RDWC system.

Yes, I have PH and TDS meters, but I just ordered one like you use that goes in the control bucket, should have it in a few days.... I am already noticing my water temp is a little higher than I would like, gonna just freeze some small water bottles and put one in the control bucket during the lights on cycle and see if that is enough to solve it... I also still have to set up my ventilation system, but for the moment temp is fine...

If your water temp is a little high make sure you're using Z7 or some such product for your roots. Water temp plays hell with the roots if its to high and Z7 will buy you a few trouble free degrees of temp without having those slime problems. .....Actually if you're doing a dwc system it should be used regardless.

Yes, I think I'm the one who told you about the Z7... :-D I'll be adding that this week... I am going to wrap my buckets with some reflective material this week too....

Quick update, day 10 from germination. Plants look good. They don't seem to be drinking any nutes yet, just water based on PPM readings. I was seeing a low humidity issue in the tent (35%) so had to add a humidifier, resolved that. Humidity is in the mid 40's now. I'm just pouring water from the control bucket onto the plant sites until the roots take off, the 3rd bucket has a drip ring, so just letting it run as is... Will get my Pineapple express into their own tent by Wednesday..
DSC0015612.jpg
DSC0015515.jpg
DSC0015413.jpg
DSC0015318.jpg

Looking great so far! Subbed.

I'm just a few days behind you with a similar set up. It's my first DWC also.

How long are you running the water for the lady with a drip ring?

I switched from rockwool to rapid rooters because the first two auto white widow & Swiss cheese stayed to saturated and aren't doing well.

My rapid rooters girls are just sprouting their 1st true leaves in the dome. Getting nervous about their transplant since I bombed it with the girls in RW.

Looking forward to following this closely since your right ahead! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Hi Lowdownhighup, I am just running the drip ring until the roots take off, I was curious to see if it made much difference..... I have heard of similar problems with rockwool as you described. I switched to rapid rooters as well at the advice of one of the regulars on here. So far so good, but I thought the holes in my rapid rooters were a little too deep...will probably tear off a piece to fill in some of the hole first next time...

Day 13 from germination. Water tmp is 75, but that should be ok with the z7, humidity is 47 and temp is 79. PPM is 225 for now, will bump it a little in a day or so... All my seeds popped thankfully, so no wasted seeds at all. Will move the 3 Pineapple Express plants to my second tent as soon as the room for them is done being remodeled, hopefully buy the middle of next week. I also brought the lights down closer to the plants...about 20" from the plants... I will also pull the drip ring bucket and add a 3rd 5 gal bucket to the RDWC for this tent for a total of 3 plant sites and a controller bucket....other tent will be set up the same way...

The Money Bush all look good, the Pineapple Express seem to be off to a slow start, but are starting to catch up a little....

The two corner plants are the Pineapple Express, the middle is a Money Bush.

DSC0015716.jpg

The plant on the left and the drip ring plant are Money Bush, the other is the 3rd Pineapple Express.

DSC0015811.jpg

Here's one of the Money Bush
DSC0015914.jpg

Another Money Bush
DSC0016013.jpg

One of the Pineapple Express
DSC0016119.jpg

Subbed! My long term goal is to grow in organic hydro using nutrients synthesized from my ducks and rabbits droppings, so "Organic RDWC" caught my interest :cheer:

Your girls are looking great so far and I am really looking forward to seeing how this grow turns out! Feel free to pop over to mine as well if you want! :circle-of-love:

Hi Frizz, thanks for the compliment. I'm struggling a little with temps, but will have that ironed out quickly...it's due to poor ventilation in my space...remodeling of their final grow space will be done in a few days and the problem will go away. I just sub'd to your grow, looks great.

I am in. Are you ditching the GH Water Farm bucket system? if so why? Where did you get your Pineapple Express seeds? Your grow looks nice and tidy. If you continue to struggle with temps you might consider covering those black buckets with white tape. my black reservoir soaked up all that light/radiation and raised my temps and there was no way to vent. I am curious what is your tent temp? im guessing pretty high. My small 2x2x6' cab has to run around 90F for my 2gal res to get up around 75F. Is your controller bucket sitting near a heat source? You are right on the money about ventilation. Just ensure your not ventilating into the same space your drawing fresh air from. I did not see a fan in there, but a small desk fan would help your girls with stem strength and cool things off as well. looking forward to watching your ladies grow, it obvious you are well prepared and i cant wait.:bravo:
Guage

Back
Top Bottom