My garden

Dutty's a professional grower. His garden has to follow a different set of rule than my two plants in a tiny closet.

Thank you Dutty and reps. That was an excellent lesson in both timing and technique.

So, if I translate correctly; underperforming branches and budsites, are best to be removed ?

Asking, since I have 1 complete branch of one of my plants in the 4x4 (big tent) that is looking like it is 3 weeks behind on the rest .. based on what you just said, and if I understood it right, it should be removed to boost the rest ?

So, if I translate correctly; underperforming branches and budsites, are best to be removed ?

Asking, since I have 1 complete branch of one of my plants in the 4x4 (big tent) that is looking like it is 3 weeks behind on the rest .. based on what you just said, and if I understood it right, it should be removed to boost the rest ?

It's called lollipoping.

DP--
Slapped you with some rep for another highly educational thread and set of posts. Dude, I think I'm old enough to be your father, but I want to be you when I grow up! :) Thanks for sharing so much information.
Stimpy

I would chop it, Sue. I'm with DP and chop lower stuff, that I know isn't going to amount to much. I just go by past harvests... you think that lower bud will catch up,, but it's better for the plant and the producers,, to remove the slackers. Look at it like culling the herd. My opinion anyway.

Since people rename methods that have been around awhile. Main lining becoming fluxing is one example.

So I'd like to rename this method.
How about extra special leaf removal technique version 2.1

I've always lollied my plants. I'll take a pic of a few tonight that look like big green lollipops

Since people rename methods that have been around awhile. Main lining becoming fluxing is one example.

Mainlining is NOT the same as FLUX .. not by a long shot. With mainlining you top the bejezus out of her .. with FLUXing, you top once, and then direct all growth horizontal, pruning off the side shoots of the side shoots, but leaving their tips. This allows you to raise and lower each individual arm (through tension) and this directing the plants nutrients, as they will go to the highes point .. or so is the theory. Lowering a branch a bit, will make it slow growth, raising it or lowering all the ohters, will speed up growth. If needed, deliberate stunting is applied to slow down a branch.

The start looks like mainlining .. the end result resembles it .. the technique is quite different.

I already lollipopped the girls .. this is just an underperforming branch above screen ... looks like really a week or so behind .. she'll go tomorrow :)

Sounds like splitting hairs to me. Mainline you top, flux you prune.

Maybe people should just say hst, high stress training, and leave it at that??

I dunno .. the theory behind FLUX is completely different from mainlining. If you use hst, then you want to know which kind of hst ;)

Yah, I dunno, I just call it training, to each their own ;)

I just want everyone to keep doing it and finding new better ways to do it so we can watch learn try and reap the rewards I don't care what you all wanna call it if it works its called what's works for me lol but really to each there own and everyone has there own Lil twist they like to throw on things and if it works I feel they should b able to name it what they want as long as they're not stealing another's work and ideas and naming it for there own but other than that call it what u want just like anything else when someone creates something they name it and I would rather have these specific names to these methods so u don't get mixed up between a couple similar ones and mess ur shit up

It was a rough comparison what light addict does is great. I'm just saying anything on here I'm sure has been done before in some sort. It was more of a personal joke.

Ok so we almost have the harvest before this last one finally done. If I called it good today the 14 plants yielded 9lbs 7oz not counting what I gave trimmers and friends.

As for the statement earlier I agree with Pete it's all some sort of stress training period. So promotes more potency while others promote more yield that's all.

It was a rough comparison what light addict does is great. I'm just saying anything on here I'm sure has been done before in some sort. It was more of a personal joke.

Ok so we almost have the harvest before this last one finally done. If I called it good today the 14 plants yielded 9lbs 7oz not counting what I gave trimmers and friends.

As for the statement earlier I agree with Pete it's all some sort of stress training period. So promotes more potency while others promote more yield that's all.

I never thought of it like that before Dutty. I always considered it from a yield perspective. I just let mine grow wild and free, like I did with our children. :laughtwo: But then I'm what you would call a small artisan grower, and I can afford to waste resources and indulge whims.

This past couple days you and Doc have me thinking about types of plant maintenance and stressing the plant. My nature is one of wanting to reduce stress, even if it is only plants we speak of here (don't tell the girls we said that!) so this is hard for me personally to accept and put into practice. I actually did play with some defoliation with my first adoptee and it hurt me physically to do it, even if it did probably appreciably increase both yield and potency. It was so liberating to let Buddha and the Bomb run free and watch them shine. I think I'm just quirky. You guys are going to have to hold my hand and walk me through it when I do my first photo flowering plant.

Back to your comment - Can you expand on that a bit? As in which techniques promote which outcome?

So I feel that in my personal experience I've seen increase in potency due to stress from feeding. I was going over this topic today with 36Gr0w I have noticed that a more heavy feeding schedule can at times promote a higher potency I've seen it in test results.

I personally think if your what I'd consider a micro grower alot of my techniques may not help. I feel like you sue that I'm an artisan grower. Actually up here I'm fairly small I'd call myself as others probably would a high end boutique grower. I specialize in high potency high yielding plants.
One thing I've always chuckled about on here is people think your sacrificing quality and potency when going for heavy yield and that is utter bs. I think all of us on here that are dedicated can grow hp plus plants with high cbd or thc which ever is your liking.

But to be more specific sue I'll list what I feel helps by category.

Heavy yield.
1. Watts, more watts and some more
2. Large pots for bigger root structure and development
3. Heavy boosting product organic or synthetic
4.super cropping
5.topping
6. Heavy training (defoilation,lbt,main lining,fim)
7. Extended veg 6+ weeks upwards of 12
8. Letting plants dry out before watering in veg and grow to max potential in each pot almost root bound.
9.C02
10. Properly controlled environment (ac,fans,dehumidifier)
Not in most important order on these

High potency.
Now this will be confrontational I'm sure

1. Trial and error. ( see what each strain likes nutes, full organic, heavy nutes as well as conditions like temp and humidity)
2. Testing ( document each trial if tests are available)
3. A journal keep track of reviews by friends or dispensaries and document above results
4. Cull out poor genetics. If it tests low more than 3 times and your goal is high cbd or thc and it isn't hitting your set mark sh@t can it
5. A proven microscope yes the 10$ 30x scope is a good start but get a good scope to know when ripe.
6. Genetics. Some Strains are designed for either a high cbd or thc ratio. Aa well as other combos.

Over time I've noticed that even an under fed or over fed plant can have high results so that doesn't seem to be a huge factor but is one though due to genetics so I'd say #1 is genetics. I seek them out as you all have seen.

Back
Top Bottom