My garden

So DP, why do you cloners cut the edges off the leaves?

I think I know but I managed to kill all 16 clones so far so you don't want to listen to me lol. Pretty sure I'll do better next time if I can resist spraying them and checking for roots every 5 minutes. Can't do any worse anyway :)

Ever seen a cloned animal though? I have and found it kind of spooky.....not that I have any strong opinions on the cloning of animals but seeing one was more of an experience than I expected.

So DP, why do you cloners cut the edges off the leaves?

iffin i might give a response to this query,, maybe not duttys response, but a response none the less,, well, quite a bit less actually,, but

transpiration is the leaves giving off moisture into the air,, that is something that one does not want with a newly cut clone cutting,, because,, the little thing has no roots to draw moisture into itself,, so one does not want the poor thing giving off any more moisture than it has to,, so,, with the leaves a bit smaller,, less transpiration

and possibly also because the lower leaves of a clone might tend to be a bit saggy, so,, it keeps the leaves out of the dirt,, which is desirable,,

and,, it looks cool??

cheers

Dutty, how well does the turbo klone work compared to traditional methods like gel or powder? I'm guessing you've tried all the methods of cloning, what kind of success rates did you see with each method?

For me, it was a game changer. In the beginning I couldn't make cloning work. I found it difficult to keep them alive, even risky because they would rott and mold for instance, a possible contam to the entire grow. I only hit about 50% success with "manual" methods. The cloner put me at 99% the first time I used it. It really is easy, just cut, dip, and mount in the disk. I will regel a few days later if slow. I haven't had luck with the liquid solution by clonex my clones claw when I add it. So I just gel a second time if they aren't nubbing out within a couple days. Works extremely well. Stupid chore to clean regularly... I have two large ones, 60 site, no dome (I worry about mold.) I think they root faster when they aren't as moist from the stem and foliage because they want that water they root immediately, so I don't spray or provide humidity. Because the water is moving so quickly under the lid pests don't settle in there and no molds or fungus has a chance. If you have hard water watch your pumps for buildup. Also, if it suits you to DIY search for a tek. They are made cheaply and function well pieced together. Buying a name brand will add $100-200 to your cost of ownership. Hope this helps I'm sure dutty has good info to add still!

Hey also, if you buy a used one buy new plastic tubing and retrace all the connections. Do not reuse the old tubing it will have picked up contams while disconnected due to the standing moisture with poor air flow.

cheers pal,, welcome home,, ur potm is unreal,, cheers

Thanks buds her top I took is showing budzilla signs in bloom currently! It's the biggest I've grown that heighth indoor for sure. But most are now 8+ oz per plant. Some being over 16 but very few.

I really appreciate those votes I know im not the most well liked guy here so I know it's the plant. I also do really try to help people and anyone that comes in my thread I'll help on and off the forum!!!

So I made a Lil video of my greenhouse mainly for my veg garden but here's my 4 outdoor plants

Thanks antics

Here's some cloner photos.
DSC_3404.JPG
DSC_3403.JPG
DSC_3394.JPG
DSC_3392.JPG

Thanks buds her top I took is showing budzilla signs in bloom currently! It's the biggest I've grown that heighth indoor for sure. But most are now 8+ oz per plant. Some being over 16 but very few.

I really appreciate those votes I know im not the most well liked guy here so I know it's the plant. I also do really try to help people and anyone that comes in my thread I'll help on and off the forum!!!

So I made a Lil video of my greenhouse mainly for my veg garden but here's my 4 outdoor plants

Well, I like you DP, welcome back.

A bit of advice from an old bird that's been there, done it and seen it all. It is enough to know that one is right, one does not have to prove it/convince anyone else.

Looks like you've got a massive grow both 420 related and not going there.

Well, I like you DP, welcome back.

A bit of advice from an old bird that's been there, done it and seen it all. It is enough to know that one is right, one does not have to prove it/convince anyone else.

I'll toke to that:tokin:

Sound advice and timely too as I had to bite my tongue a bit last night whilst talking to a mate that has been growing for a couple of years. I had suggested that a pH meter, an EC meter and regular reservoir changes appear to be important when growing in NFT but him and quite a few other local growers it would seem don't agree with any of that.

Back
Top Bottom