My leaves missing color

ATHF

Hi everyone, this is a sensi seed blackberry cake and has discoloration that i have not seen in my others grows in coco and wonder what it could be, it started when it was a seedling and has continued to show in some leaves through the grow, its day 5 since light switch for flower before i give more info about nutrients etc here are some pics.

9ATUmig.png

the center leaf color from bottom to mid is correct but then discolors top half.

OqLF0GB.png

leaf discolors on right side of leaf

O4WSwiJ.jpeg

speckled through leaf

Hi everyone, this is a sensi seed blackberry cake and has discoloration that i have not seen in my others grows in coco and wonder what it could be, it started when it was a seedling and has continued to show in some leaves through the grow, its day 5 since light switch for flower before i give more info about nutrients etc here are some pics.

9ATUmig.png

the center leaf color from bottom to mid is correct but then discolors top half.

OqLF0GB.png

leaf discolors on right side of leaf

O4WSwiJ.jpeg

speckled through leaf
Good morning @ATHF welcome to 420magazine.
Coco has a couple parameters to follow.
Are you?
Feeding everyday?
Full strength nutrients?
Setting to exactly 5.8 ph.
Never giving plain water.
Putting cal mag in your plain water 15 minutes before adding nutrients.
Every time!!
Keeping coco moist at all times, never letting dry at all.
Are you following these guidelines.
If not make adjustments they will be ok.

Stay safe
Bill

there is at least one leaf variegation in there. variegation is when the pigment is missing from one side of a leaf or parts of the plant. it's genetic. i've had several do it. generally not an issue.

the rest of the plant looks good from what i can tell. would need a wider shot of the whole thing to check better.

Good morning @ATHF welcome to 420magazine.
Coco has a couple parameters to follow.
Are you?
Feeding everyday?
Full strength nutrients?
Setting to exactly 5.8 ph.
Never giving plain water.
Putting cal mag in your plain water 15 minutes before adding nutrients.
Every time!!
Keeping coco moist at all times, never letting dry at all.
Hi Bill, here's some info, i think bluter could be on the money about the variegation.

Feeding everyday?
Yes twice a day after lights on and before lights off.

Full strength nutrients?
No, current nute mix for this plant is 1.4ec, i have tried a max of 1.8- 2.0ec with a previous grow and got leaf tip burn

Setting to exactly 5.8 ph.?
current ph is 6.0 stable after 12hrs of mix using digital ph meter.

Never giving plain water.?
Yes never

Putting cal mag in your plain water 15 minutes before adding nutrients.?
using Flairform cmx

Keeping coco moist at all times, never letting dry at all.?
she's moist enough alright, it good to see the leaves lift early after lights on and stayed lifted till nearly lights off.

I'm using Flairform nutrients its made here locally and after my forth grow i was convinced its works well i'll put a video of that up sometime, I got enough to last a couple of years so i keep using it.

This is current mix for flower per litre.

R.O water
Bloom 3.5ml
Grow storm 1.5ml
Bud storm 1.0ml this is the recommend dose i could use 0.5ml and may not make any difference.
CMX 0.3ml
ph down is needed about 2 needle drops per litre.

Hiya - perhaps a dose of higher K feed & CaMg might be a good place to start
Canna A/B for example is 5-4-3; GroSure is 5-3-8 and includes CaMg, Fe and Kelp extracts, works a treat
Some plants I have grown required a couple of doses through veg
Hi Growings thanks for the tip but i'll stick with Flairform for a while.

there is at least one leaf variegation in there. variegation is when the pigment is missing from one side of a leaf or parts of the plant. it's genetic. i've had several do it. generally not an issue.

the rest of the plant looks good from what i can tell. would need a wider shot of the whole thing to check better.

Hey bluter i thought it could be genetic related that's why i posted this for people's thoughts.

Hi Bill, here's some info, i think bluter could be on the money about the variegation.

Feeding everyday?
Yes twice a day after lights on and before lights off.

Full strength nutrients?
No, current nute mix for this plant is 1.4ec, i have tried a max of 1.8- 2.0ec with a previous grow and got leaf tip burn

Setting to exactly 5.8 ph.?
current ph is 6.0 stable after 12hrs of mix using digital ph meter.

Never giving plain water.?
Yes never

Putting cal mag in your plain water 15 minutes before adding nutrients.?
using Flairform cmx

Keeping coco moist at all times, never letting dry at all.?
she's moist enough alright, it good to see the leaves lift early after lights on and stayed lifted till nearly lights off.

I'm using Flairform nutrients its made here locally and after my forth grow i was convinced its works well i'll put a video of that up sometime, I got enough to last a couple of years so i keep using it.

This is current mix for flower per litre.

R.O water
Bloom 3.5ml
Grow storm 1.5ml
Bud storm 1.0ml this is the recommend dose i could use 0.5ml and may not make any difference.
CMX 0.3ml
ph down is needed about 2 needle drops per litre.

Hi Growings thanks for the tip but i'll stick with Flairform for a while.

Hey bluter i thought it could be genetic related that's why i posted this for people's thoughts.
Good day @ATHF I'm not familiar with that particular brand of nutrients.
So I can't tell if your mix is where it should be.
Are you giving the recommend dosage of Flairform cmx?
I'd drop my ph down to 5.8 though.
There are a couple nutrients being left out.
This chart will give you an idea what I mean.

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20220310-033151_Google.jpg

Hey Bill you have probably read like me plenty of times on different websites about ph value between 5.5-6.5 being acceptable for coco i have read also that ph should be slightly higher in veg and slightly lower in flower, information from this website recommends 5.6-to 5.8ph for flower i will drop my ph a bit and see how it goes.
"quote"
pH the Medium to 6.0 pH to start with in Vegetative Stage. Drop down to 5.6 - 5.8 in Fruit / Flowering Stage.

Hey Bill you have probably read like me plenty of times on different websites about ph value between 5.5-6.5 being acceptable for coco i have read also that ph should be slightly higher in veg and slightly lower in flower, information from this website recommends 5.6-to 5.8ph for flower i will drop my ph a bit and see how it goes.
"quote"
pH the Medium to 6.0 pH to start with in Vegetative Stage. Drop down to 5.6 - 5.8 in Fruit / Flowering Stage.
I run dead on 5.8 and never have issues.
There is a lot of discussion about the ph range and nutrient uptake.
So it depends on who you talk to and which chart you read what's the best number.
I've stuck with 5.8 for years now, pulling a couple pounds every 4 weeks with out any problems at all.
You can't beat first hand experience.
Here are a couple ladies for ya!

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20220308-113302_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-071355_Chrome.jpg

20210505_205040.jpg

20210502_205721.jpg

ph issues creep over time - the effect is cumulative. they'll put up with it being slightly off in veg, then go haywire in late veg or worse, in flower. some nutes are more prone than others as well.

They look real nice Bill what seed are they?
quote "pulling a couple pounds every 4 weeks" surely you meant every 4 months? or do you smoke a lot?
I'll give 5.8 ago i'll put a some pics up during flower.

Hey thanks bluter for the information, another thing that's cumulative is the coco ec if not feed often enough and let drying out..i know you new that already.:)

Hey thanks bluter for the information, another thing that's cumulative is the coco ec if not feed often enough and let drying out

depending on your nutes you should be on a ffw or fffw schedule with amendments on the water side. it will help keep issues and lock out at bay.

sorry you got me there , whats that abbreviated for i did do a google search.

@ATHF - feed / feed / water or feed / feed / feed / water

edit : i'm still waiting for a better look at the plants

unfortunately my grow space is limited the blackberry is day 8 of flower its grow speed is o.k and looks normal for 174 watts of light, the leaf color issue is barely there and doesn't seem a issue some of the front leaves curve at the end from hitting the door.
the other 2 pics are from my 4th grow the light was to close as well with heat stress it continue to grow pistils and has that fist shape look but after cure it was still a good smoke it lasted me a year having it nearly every day.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

nice lollipop. i'd hold right there til end of flower. i might not even have gone that deep depending on light penetration .
good job none the less. :)

Back
Top Bottom