My Small Attic Grow

Hi teiji2,

nice to see your journal!

Please don't use transparent Pots, roots like it dark and may don't grow with a tranparent pot. And I am also sure that this kind of pot doesn't have any holes on the bottom, where water could drop out if you overwater them. You could wrap something around them and drill some holes yourself if you don't want to buy new ones.

What about the other 2 Pots, do they have holes? You maybe have staying water in your soil that leads to root-rott if there are no holes. Did you give any Fertilizers yet?

Kind Regards

Raubtier.

€dit: Okay, the other pots have holes. Do something about the transperant one, then. Subscribed. :)

Yeah i drilled holes all over the bottom of the ziplock food container. I plan on spray painting the outside of it black to hide the roots or create a small top that will cover everything under the stem. I think painting will be easy way to go. My other thought was if I just cover the top of container with a removable something or other I can keep an eye on roots to make sure its not out growing the container. Im trying to keep them small not worried about a high yield just the experience of growing and learning to not torture my plants with immature unknowing growing. If I am successful I think my next grow will be more about yield.:yummy:

So I mounted my lights and fans and secured the door. Here are some images of the mounted lights and walmarts.
rsz_sspx0373.jpg

rsz_sspx0372.jpg

I finally got around to moving them and decided to only check on them every two days or so. Ill keep reading online and browsing other grow forums but will update each chance I get. Im hoping I can get photos daily but that might make me want to mess with them more. So Ill update in next couple days.:yummy:

So after adding the door and moving them woke up this morning to check on them, and I found the box had warmed up considerably and burned the walmarts. Most of them the leaves are really dry and twisted. You sure can learn a lot from one tiny mistake. Needles to say never thought I would consider myself an abuser but im ashamed to admit " I abuse marijuana" and am shocked at my ignorance for not thinkin to check the vents before I went to bed and make sure it wasn't to hot. Today was watering day also so gave them some water. I will monitor them throughout the day and am hoping at least one or two recovers. If not ah well still got the ones outside growing so can transplant and start all over again. Hence so glad this is an experiment and im not relying on the grlz if any are to provide sweet sweet medicine for me. Ill post images of the twisted leaves and of hopefully recovery later today.

Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it. Whenever we make a change in our setup I check it at one hour intervals and like you found out...always a bad idea to do it right before bedtime. One thing I have found though...these are weeds and weeds are TOUGH. You will be surprised how resilient these plants can be. Good luck!

Thanks for your kind words hypo hippy, Im hoping that they recover but only time will tell. I do have some sprouting and growing on same time line outside so Ill still be able to continue just in case.:yahoo: But like you said they are weeds and if I learned anything from living in a HOA area its weeds never stop growing.
here is the pic I took this morning.
rsz_sspx0376.jpg

Good thing I cant afford medical grade then or I might have been in some trouble lol. But since what I get isnt super derlicious with crazy names it should recover just fine, don't get me wrong I'm using for medicinal prevention seeing how I hate hospitals and their nasty smell and environment. You know an apple a day keeps the doctor away except it would take way to many apples to keep me sane enough like good ol mary jane lol. But after the light kicked on a little while ago they look like they just may recover. Pics might be a bit blury but I can see good looking green coming from the centers.
rsz_sspx0381.jpg

rsz_sspx0383.jpg

rsz_sspx0382.jpg

Quick update and few new pics. Walmart #1 is on the road to recovery. I can see new growth starting and the burned leaves are starting to fold back down. Walmart #3 is also on the road to recovery. Alas #2 was destined to not make it but ill be transferring one from outside inside to prevent continued stem stretch for natural sun.
rsz_sspx0391.jpg

Walmart#1
rsz_sspx0388.jpg

Walmart #3
sorry bout crappy pics but once they fully recover the pics will be better.

New update walmart #1 is on its way to a full recovery Lots of new green growth. Most of the withered leaves are folding back down and new leaves are starting at the base of the branches. Eventually i will have a better camera with zoom but till then my phone will have to do.
rsz_sspx0397.jpg

Walmart #1
rsz_sspx0399.jpg

Side shot of #1 n #3

Keepin my fingers crossed they both make a full recovery and end up female even hermy I would be ok with, as this is mostly a learning experience to improve My own schedules and cycles.

Small update, Walmart #1 is on way for sure to full recovery staying small and getting super bushy. Walmart #3 continues to grow staying well behind size of #1. Plant I brought in from outside upon Walmart #2 demise looks to be doing well. Is missing set of 3 leaves on fan leaves so I'm thinking might be from diff bag. Since prob diff bag I shall call it sully. Now for a few images.
rsz_sspx0428.jpg

Side shot of #1
rsz_sspx0429.jpg

top shot of #1 I see it getting bushy
rsz_sspx0430.jpg

Walmart #3 getting nice new growth.
rsz_sspx0431.jpg

Sully moved in from outside.
I moved the lights up to allow for a tad more height and will check on it again in few days.

Teiji...looks like the new growth on your plants is nice, green and healthy looking. Whatever you did before.....don't do it again, right? lol. Anyhow, keep it up and they will grow.

Bummer man, all part of the learning curve for sure tho eh? Some good improvemnt and hope they recover fully, a couple look like they will for sure, I wouldnt persist for toooo long with the ones that don't.

Best of luck, I will pull up a chair.

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. Im sure walmart #1 is going to make a full recovery not to sure bout walmart #3 but if it ends up taking a plunge no great loss still got plenty of seeds to sprout just in case. N yeah first sign of complaint of smell from her they prob will be getting moved. She knows I smoke just im not allowed to smoke inside since she is a nurse and worried of losing her license for five years. But just in case ignorance is the best defense and I have no issue taking the blame if shit hits the fan. Now on to a few pics noticed a new lil friend poke up next to walmart #1.
rsz_sspx0447.jpg

Side shot #1
rsz_sspx0448.jpg

Top shot of walmart #1
rsz_sspx0446.jpg

new lil buddy. leaves look diff so will go with Tiny S.
rsz_sspx0449.jpg

here is Sully lookin not to bad considering I'm unable to check on every single day. All in all I think its going well.

Back
Top Bottom