My Small Attic Grow

Hey orange...I respectfully disagree with your statement about>>>Plants started from seed typically like to grow for a month or two before they can become a viable Mother plant for clones or produce a decent harvest.
I will agree that one can clone a young plant and grow some good smoke, but I know for a fact, that if the mother is 5 or 6 months old, the resulting smoke will be much more potent . So veg it and bloom it, and then regenerate it. By this time the plant will be about 5 months old . Perfect momma !! Just my 2 cents !! I do agree that you'd be better off buying yourself a tent for blooming . Good luck in whatever you do !!:popcorn::bong:

rsz_sspx0260.jpg

This is my adjustable speed fan i will be adding tonight. Ill get pics of my eventual flower box and how i am set up with the fan later. Im trying to keep cost under the 80 I already spent but thanks for the advice about grow tent ill have to look into that. maybe create a green house outback for tomatoes lol and hide the grlz behind them lol

Yo Teiji....all you really need to do is make your box a little taller, or maybe stand it on its side and you will have an additional foot. Bottom line, if you are going to do a grow similar to a pc grow you have to go to flower....quick! If not, your babes will be too big. Ours at 32 days of veg are pushing 18 inches and that is LST'd. FWIW

SSPX0264.jpg

ok so I dropped the lights so i could remove the dvd box for now. I temp placed the fan blowing across walmart #1-#3. starting from right to left its #3,#1,#2 I know u guys mentioned starting flowering soon but, its been 9 days since they sprouted and three days since being in a 24/7 lighting as you can see #1 and #3 are starting their second node set and #2 is still on its first. they stand not even two inches tall so figure if I wait until the third or fourth node start before transplanting them giving them a couple days to recover then into the 12/12 light cycle. I plan on recycling a gallon jug into the new pots for my walmarts. Since they are square I should be able to fit three across for now. I still am not sure about lst'n as im not really growing for quantity and more for the learning experience and enjoyment of a new hobby. I think what I might end up doing is setting the 2'x3' box into a mother veggin chamber and keep my smaller box as a cloning chamber and make it a tad larger it wont be hard to add on some height and repaint.and keep it on a flowering cycle. But its only been 3 days since starting the box and I keep thinking of so much more I want to do. All I can say is all you long time growers are such a good influence... :goodjob: Please keep the comments and suggestions coming its much appreciated but I must stress this is a total low budget grow. only been working part time for better part of a year and between student loans and child support the funds support my habit not my grow lol:grinjoint:

trying to find a better camera so i can get close up of walmart #1. I know the fan leaves usually start off as just a single leaf but mine has 3 on one side and 2 on the other. Ill find a camera today and post pics of it. I might be seeing things but im almost 100% sure im not. Any one out there reading this seen or heard of that? Normally I wouldnt care but im curious if maybe its something i did like top it on accident when I moved them into the box or when i put the sprouts into the pot. Any comments are much appreciated

Teiji....plants of every species will exhibit different phenotypes (leaf shapes and growth habit) at different stages of growth. More than likely as the next several sets of leaves come out they will look more like what you think they should look like. FWIW

In that size of room you could probabaly leave them in those pots without transplanting them into anything bigger to be honest. Oh I see you are building a seperate grow room? Get some pics up of that teiji2 mate

As of yet I do not have any set up pics of my eventual flower room. right now the small box is sitting inside the larger one till I have money to mount lights and set it all up. I did take a closer pic of walmart #1 to show the first node fan leaves a little better. I cheesally added arrows the black ones point out the set of three and two fan leaves on the first node and the red ones point out start of second node coming up nicely. I plan on having the flower room set up hopefully this week. I will post pics when I get to the set up and if I end up with any worries or questions. Sorry if pic is blurry didnt have chance to find decent camera so it was taken with my phone seams to not want to focus closer than 6 inches.
rsz_sspx0272.jpg

Upon inspection earlier noticed walmart #1 fan leaves are a really dark green and the brown tips has stretched back. I think since the soil is some whatever I had prob MG when I added the fish water rich in nutes it had a N explosion. bought some new soil nute free and already mixed with perlite or vermiculite cant remember anymore and to lazy to go check. I also got some 1/2 gallon containers I will add holes to and repot walmart #1 - #3 in the new soil. I also went and picked up some stuff to actually mount the lights and add two more inside. Im hoping I wont get all baked and forget.:grinjoint:

Quick update didnt have time to post any pics yesterday but i changed the lighting to a 18/6 and have noticed surprising growth from all of walmarts. Walmart #1 was flushed n ph level sits at a nice 6.5. #1 has started to grow even more remains tiny but the growth is nice to see. Ill try to post pics i took yesterday and today tonight after work. Also plan on repotting as soon as i get a chance. Almost finished rewiring my light setup so should be able to finish settin up the box. I think for now ill keep them in the small box even through flower. If everything grows well ill proceed to fixin up my larger box for a possible mother spot n keep small box for cloning. Let me know thoughts and ideas id there are any.

rsz_sspx0358.jpg

Walmart #4 and #1 after transplanting into slightly larger pot. I do not plan on keeping them both together its only till I start flowering or if one is a male. This is a pic from last night.
rsz_sspx0361.jpg

here they are again from this morning. I think they are recovering well.
rsz_sspx0362.jpg

Here is Walmart #2. After talking to a buddy he thinks I might be drowing it. What you growers think? As safety precaution I wont be watering till I see a little bit of a droop from lack of water.
rsz_sspx0363.jpg

Last but not least is #3. Also thinking drowning. If drowning is the case all I can say is Ill see if they live and if not got about 100 more seeds to go through before I start saving more again. All 4 of these sprouts are from same bag and sprouted within hours of each other outside. I am really hoping and prayin to the herb goddess that #1 is a grl. #1's growth is exponentially stronger than the others and that to me is surprising due to fact that 1-3 all have same setups except the fish water. I have since fish water gotten new organic soil for future grows. Price was to good to pass up 3 bucks for 2 cubic feet of soil. When I say future Im not talkin months and months just safety precaution for males. Plus might be better than the MG soil I got that could be up to two years old lol.

Back
Top Bottom