My Small Attic Grow

Quick update. Did not need to water today so prob will need to tomorrow. I have been watering every other day or sometimes every three days. I have only been adding 1/2 the recommended nutes every other feeding. It's not the greatest nute but its got a 24-8-16 build and my bloom nutes have a 10-15-10 which i feel if nothing else will give me a little insight into nutes beyond what I read. Like a small child I do not really know it's hot till I get burned lol. Looking like going to be getting a full recovery from the remaining walmarts and will be fim'n sully to just try it out. I did change the lighting schedule to 16/8 and next week will prob move it to a 14/10 till end of march when should be goin or hopefully showing sexual maturity. now for a few images from this morning.
rsz_sspx0457.jpg

Lil S lookin nice and lil still. Starting to work on third node already.
rsz_sspx0455.jpg

Walmart #3 seeming to continue to recover.
rsz_sspx0454.jpg

Sully lookin not to bad. Will be fim'n in prob another week for schitz n gigglz.
rsz_sspx0456.jpg

And here we have Walmart #1 lookin purty as a 18 yr old Asian school girl. Trying to keep it as legal as possible any younger and that might not be so good lol.:yahoo:

Girl friends Dad has been in town so right now is first chance to update. Took pics yesterday and the return from near death still astounds me.
rsz_sspx0467.jpg

Walmart #1 starting to move upward and gettin bushier.
rsz_sspx0468.jpg

Lil S still workin on catchin up to the others and putting the two in old soil to shame.
rsz_sspx0466.jpg

sully still workin on growing.
rsz_sspx0465.jpg

Walmart #3 in the foreground and the rest growing behind. Thinking I might re-pot and change soil on Sully and #3 but eh not to sure might wait and see what happens. Ill have new update tomorrow when I go to water and some new pics too as these are from sat.

Slowpuffer on the fert I know it says 24 but I have only been using about a 1/3 of the recommended amount per gallon. I mix a half gallon at a time and use a quart per watering. I do not use the fert mix every watering but rather every other watering. I hope that in itself should cut the N mix down to around 8 instead of 24. I went ahead and repotted the last walmart into fresh soil the roots really hadn't done any growing in the old soil. I think the old soil was to compacted and not draining properly. The roots were really not that big and the soil didnt stick to the roots to bad it just fell away. Not to worried if it makes it or not. I will probably set walmart #1 up to lst on thurs this week give it a little bit more time to grow upwards it's barely pushin 4 inches. Moved one more from outside to even out the chances of at least two girls that I will keep.
rsz_sspx0476.jpg

Walmart #1 and lil s comin along nicely.
rsz_sspx0477.jpg

Group shot with walmart #3 in new soil in the foreground. Lil S2 can be seen in same soil as #3. Like I said before yield isn't so much in mind during this. maybe Ill transplant back outside with the ones I pull out. Its more of a experiment with confined spaces. eventually I hope to have two server boxes set up with a bit larger cfl. and maybe even get a grow tent with a 600w hps and mh lighting. But that is all future dreaming. We will see how this goes first.

3lions I know lol, i painted the sides of the one I just put in there, and have a covering I wrap around the other one. Right now its just paper and I still have yet to tape it to the container. I kinda like being able to take the paper away and see what kind of root structure I can see. So far most of the roots remain hidden and visible from the bottom along a ridge that traps water. I probably will end up painting it after this little grow is over so it will be better prepared for the next.

3lions I know lol, i painted the sides of the one I just put in there, and have a covering I wrap around the other one. Right now its just paper and I still have yet to tape it to the container. I kinda like being able to take the paper away and see what kind of root structure I can see. So far most of the roots remain hidden and visible from the bottom along a ridge that traps water. I probably will end up painting it after this little grow is over so it will be better prepared for the next.

Cool man, so long as you are aware. (tho the light will most likely still get through that white paper my friend) Ensure there are enough drainage/drilled holes in the bottom. Post are only like 75c here for smallish ones and 1 euro or so for the larger ones so stick them on the list of ever expanding requirements and expenses lol

So I did a little lst yesterday and took pic this morning of Walmart #1
rsz_sspx0505.jpg

Seems to be doin just fine.
Watered the others plain old fashioned water been sittin out for 24 hours. Noticed That slowpuffer was right. Even though i only used 1/2 required amount, as far as the miracle grow soil was concerned poor ol sully took a nice N beating. Flushed completely twice this morning and will leave plain water close by for sully's watering. So once again I open mouth and insert foot and thank you Slowpuffer for that tidbit. But other than that they all seem to be doin just fine. Ill get new pics tomorrow of all of them.

small update checked this morning and got few pics n the plants are doin not to bad.
rsz_sspx0514.jpg

heres Sully still looking a little N burned but recovering from fimmin I did. Will continue to use plain tap water that has been sitting out for 24 hrs.
rsz_sspx0513.jpg

heres walmart #3 and lil S2
rsz_sspx0516.jpg

Lil S just growin quick I think ill fim this one in week or so.
rsz_sspx0517.jpg

side shot of walmart#1 startin to twist back up and stretching.
rsz_sspx0515.jpg

top shot of walmart#1

Im lsting early due to the confined space. They all are reaching a full 7 weeks in age with exception to lil S 1 n 2 so I will be flowering soon. From what I have read on other journals is you lst based upon size of area and size of plant. I could be wrong but thats the assumption I have made from what I read. Walmart #1 was reaching 6 inches tall and in a total of 14 possible inches of height to grow I figured Slowpuffer was right and it was a good time to lst:laughtwo: but it is nice to see the reactions these plants have to it.

Teiji.....your girls are looking much better my good man. Sorry I haven't posted lately...been lurking, but haven't posted much. Keep up the good work. Perseverance will pay off....like others have said, be very careful with your nutes. As you can tell from our grow, getting out of whack is very insidious and hard to fix. Nutes are like some women...best when taken in small doses. lol

Teiji.....your girls are looking much better my good man. Sorry I haven't posted lately...been lurking, but haven't posted much. Keep up the good work. Perseverance will pay off....like others have said, be very careful with your nutes. As you can tell from our grow, getting out of whack is very insidious and hard to fix. Nutes are like some women...best when taken in small doses. lol

Read this while I was working and busted out laughing. But hypo you are so right best when taken in small doses.:rofl:

No big update as of yet. Today was watering day so used straight water on sully and the others. Figured a few days away from nutes couldn't hurt. I did notice walmart#1 is continuing to take the lst in stride. Ill update pics prob tomorrow or monday. On a side note noticed lil S was only one who might end up being an indica the rest I believe and I could be wrong but look more sativa for sure. Either way its an awesome hobby and I would recommend it to everyone that can do it.:grinjoint:

So once again a small pic update. Sully is lookin fine and recovering nicely from the fimm'n. W#1 continues to push bottom branches up and through the canopy stretchin for the lights. Here is a couple of pics.
rsz_sspx0535.jpg

Here's sully u can see the leaves that were cut in half during the fim as the top node got cut off.
rsz_sspx0539.jpg

Walmart #1 lookin good considering the confined space.
rsz_sspx0537.jpg

Group shot. Walmart #3 is on right side sully behind near fan. Thinking I should lst #3 like #1 before the stem gets any thicker. What do you folks think? Ill prob fim sully one more time and then try to keep sully tiny and bushy with a bonsai tutorial I was reading on I think this website. I will be making the final light change to 12/12 on friday and switch out all but 1 6500k light. Im hoping to see at least 2 girls but u never know and I wont be disappointed if I only end up with 1/2 a girl. I think lil S got pissed when I moved the lights up as you can see lil S in front of Walmart #1 shot up inch between first node and second node before stopped stretching to produce more fan leaves on the top

Nice little grow you got going on there my friend!!

:bravo:

Keep up the good work!

Light-1-up thank you I have enjoyed it thus far and enjoy all the input and information I have found on this wonderful website. What I really have enjoyed is how different three plants of the same species can grow differently given almost the same environment. I know I transferred walmart #1 weeks and weeks ahead of #3 but still the growth difference even Lil S has shown being sprouted weeks later is amazing. I am so enjoying this and looking forward to watching the ones that turn out to be girls flower.:smokin:

Yeahh its great learrning all this stuff and you seem to be doing really well Teij amigo. Actually it is also interesting to see different growth patterns even in the same strain. All exciting stuff!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom