Mystery Strain, Soil Indoor Grow

Hi, Saint.
Reading this with interest - also doing a bit of a mystery grow. As to type: depends on where you're at. I know my girls are sativas cause i live in Africa. Bagseed here is def sativa (or very sativa dominant).

Is there any places in Africa that bring in seeds from other places? That is what happens a lot in other places, breeders are mixing strains and making hybrids so if you get a bagseed, sometimes you never know what you're going to get. We can't really go by where we live when we get a bagseed to determine sativa or indica since the seeds from the flowers you found a bagseed in could have came from anywhere in the world. Just one of those things with todays market on cannabis seeds, hard to find original landrace strains at times.. Although, I am growing a strain from World of Seeds called Kilimanjaro, it's a 100% sativa from the hills of Kenya so they say :)

Is there any places in Africa that bring in seeds from other places? That is what happens a lot in other places, breeders are mixing strains and making hybrids so if you get a bagseed, sometimes you never know what you're going to get. We can't really go by where we live when we get a bagseed to determine sativa or indica since the seeds from the flowers you found a bagseed in could have came from anywhere in the world. Just one of those things with todays market on cannabis seeds, hard to find original landrace strains at times.. Although, I am growing a strain from World of Seeds called Kilimanjaro, it's a 100% sativa from the hills of Kenya so they say :)
Yup, we can get from just about anywhere, but if you buy cheaply from the locals, it's not an overseas import, it's an african landrace. It's been cultivated and used as anything from fodder to medicine for ages.

Day 17
420-magazine-mobile1454099601.jpg

Still looking healthy! Are you watering these every day? I notice your tray has water laying in it in a few different pictures lately.

Will be hard to say what this mystery strain is until mid to late flower likely.. Only thing we can say for now is that it's likely a sativa/indica hybrid leaning more towards sativa, maybe 70/30?

Still looking healthy! Are you watering these every day? I notice your tray has water laying in it in a few different pictures lately.

Will be hard to say what this mystery strain is until mid to late flower likely.. Only thing we can say for now is that it's likely a sativa/indica hybrid leaning more towards sativa, maybe 70/30?

Watering about every second day, they are drying out really fast
I have order a thermometer and humidity reader in one for both of the tents and both the tent and reader should be here in the next few days
Think it's time to transplant will get that done today and give you guys an update :)
Thanks for all the help!

Hiya, bud. Has anyone been able to advise you on the strain of these mysterious, exotic beauties? V. frustrating, not knowing. .

Got these seeds out of about an ounce of outdoor medicine, unsure of the strain but has a beautiful smell and dark red hairs
Was very beautiful smoke

Day 18-
Either transplanting today or tomorrow
One of the new editions is starting to pop open!
420-magazine-mobile99403493.jpg
420-magazine-mobile160287987.jpg

Do you guys think I should be doing anything to these plants? (LST, topping, super cropping ect.)

Got these seeds out of about an ounce of outdoor medicine, unsure of the strain but has a beautiful smell and dark red hairs
Was very beautiful smoke
Hi, bud.

If it was a great smoke, i'd just keep growing & not be too worried by the name.
Have to warn you, though, if it's a sativa, it might seem like a gazillion lifetimes before you get to enjoy the fruits if your labours. (NINE MONTHS in veg my first time around, and then i f@# up and revegged them a spit from harvest. . . . . Took me 18 months at the end, after drying & curing, before i could spark one up. WORTH IT.)
Not saying you're going to do the same, just patience, yiung padawan.
. .

Hi, bud.

If it was a great smoke, i'd just keep growing & not be too worried by the name.
Have to warn you, though, if it's a sativa, it might seem like a gazillion lifetimes before you get to enjoy the fruits if your labours. (NINE MONTHS in veg my first time around, and then i f@# up and revegged them a spit from harvest. . . . . Took me 18 months at the end, after drying & curing, before i could spark one up. WORTH IT.)
Not saying you're going to do the same, just patience, yiung padawan.
. .

I'm pretty sure this is a hybrid, was a very indica high.
The only reason I want to know the strain is for breeding purposes I'm looking to create my own strains and eventually market them

Watering about every second day, they are drying out really fast
I have order a thermometer and humidity reader in one for both of the tents and both the tent and reader should be here in the next few days
Think it's time to transplant will get that done today and give you guys an update :)
Thanks for all the help!

Ok, just thought I would check, no need to be over watering :) Waiting until the plants show signs of needing a drink during veg actually helps the roots grow some. On the other hand we don't want the roots to dry up to the point they will die off lol Once the leaves droop a little it's a good time to water.

Certainly a good time to transplant as well, they look ready for it. Do this when the soil is just damp, not too dry but not wet either. What size container are you up-potting to?

Was very beautiful smoke

Can't wait to see it :)

Day 18-

Do you guys think I should be doing anything to these plants? (LST, topping, super cropping ect.)

I wouldn't get into any supercropping, this is a high stress training technique usually used for plants that are getting too tall, too quickly and you may run out of height space in flower. Once they have 4 or 5 nodes built up I would recommend topping them though. This not only multiplies the number of main tops you will end up with, it's also much easier to LST a topped plant I find, and so do most other growers. After you top a plant, then energy will then be sent to the nodes where new branch growth is appearing and they will grow into nice strong branches that catch up with the others and will form good sized buds rather than a natural plant only having small buds at the bottom branches. Check out the live tutorials by Snid in my signature below my post, they are very helpful and informative

I'm pretty sure this is a hybrid, was a very indica high.
The only reason I want to know the strain is for breeding purposes I'm looking to create my own strains and eventually market them

There will be no way to tell exactly what strain this is even in the end. We may get an idea of what lineage it comes from by looking at certain characteristics, but you will never really know the actual strain. If you are looking to get into breeding, I suggest looking into buying regular seeds (male and female), maybe some landrace genetics or more original strains and then breed them yourself, then you know exactly what you've got and once you get your first batch of seeds, you will be growing up to 100 of them at a time in small containers to flower out and picking certain phenotypes that you like and then back breeding them a couple of times to get a solid set of genetics that will only have 1 or 2 phenotypes instead of 5 or 6. After that you can also breed again on a female plant with colloidal silver to create feminized seeds.

I could go on and on about this subject but I really have no hard experience on breeding. I have tried it on a couple plants with positive results but they were just bagseed plants I was practicing on. But I have done a fair bit of research and seen some journals here where people do some good breeding. It's a long process to get into if you want to make solid genetics and market them, but if you got the willpower and equipment/space to do it, by all means my friend, follow that dream! And just so you know I'm not telling you what to do lol This is just and opinion for you to think about and it popped into my head while smoking one :smokin: :)

Yep got raided at 20 days.. facing court for producing a dangerous drug...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us, we are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom