Need help on how many many plants m CFLy small closet can accommodate?

Poldara

Basically I'm a first time grower and want to grow my own in my closet but not sure how many plants I can comfortably fit in it without detriment to other plants...

Height 120cm
Width 80cm
Depth 50cm

I know it's only a tiny space but any help will be appreciated. I will be running a 300w duel CFL in the room too, willl that be enough???

Thanks peace out.

Basically I'm a first time grower and want to grow my own in my closet but not sure how many plants I can comfortably fit in it without detriment to other plants...

Height 120cm
Width 80cm
Depth 50cm

I know it's only a tiny space but any help will be appreciated. I will be running a 300w duel CFL in the room too, willl that be enough???

Thanks peace out.
Your light based on roughly 65 Lumen per watt would accommodate up to 6 plants in a tight space.
12 plants max*** edited realize you are using 2 lights...

The question should be how FEW plants can you grow.

More plants = more problems and much more gardening.If you grow 1-2 healthy plants under the same lights as 6, you will get about the same yield with much less effort.
The less is more theory allows the garderner to let the plants get bigger and have heavier denser flowers. And you wont be fighting multiple problems from conflicting watering schedules etc. :)

I've bought a few Northern Lights - because I hear it's idiot proof - and also a few Mango from my brothers recommendation. Cheers for the info guys by the way, hopefully I should be up and running in the next few days.

Nothing is idiot proof. Heres some starter advice--

Water less than you want to.
Give much less nutes than you want to.
Wait alot longer to harvest than you want to.
Read. Read. Read.

Heres a link to growing with almost every issue covered.
HOW TO GROW MJ

I agree with stealthgrow, just the one plant would be ample you would need to LST, top or both to keep the height down and create a even canopy which is more important when using CFL's as they don't have much penetration so all the action will be at the top of the plant.

A lot of good advise from seasoned pros. I am not a seasoned pro but will share with you. I had issues at first ( small cfl grow box ) and am still working things out. When I tried to grow only one or two last Summer I had issues and had to start over a time or two. That left me without any meds. So this go around I have 7 plants that just went on the 12 hour cycle. That is a lot for a 2x3x4 grow box but leaves me room for error. Best of luck to you. Nh

My personal rule is 3000 lumen minimum per square foot. You can start and finish a decent size plant with very little trouble when you pass 3000 lumen.

Nothing is idiot proof. Heres some starter advice--

Water less than you want to.
Give much less nutes than you want to.
Wait alot longer to harvest than you want to.
Read. Read. Read.

Heres a link to growing with almost every issue covered.
HOW TO GROW MJ

This man speaks the truth, Listen to what he has said, remember read as much as you can about your strain and caring for your plant :goodluck:

Hi Poldara, congrats on your new project.

I would go along with the 1 or 2 plant idea. I personally would rather have 2 in the just to speed up the process a bit. But ike its been mentionned, you'll want to keep them as short and tight as possible with some lsting and keeping your light nice and close to the canopy and it should be sweet.

I grow two small dwc with 4 plants total under about 300w of cfls and doing fine.

Happy Grow!

In a space that tight I would only grow 1, and even then its gonna be a sqeeze.

Agreed. What seems to fit in the beginning quickly grows out of hand. I had 40 trees in a 12' x 21' area, by the third week of flower they were over 5 feet tall and 3' wide. I had to move ten plants to another room due to over crowding. Think about finished size. One plant, grown well will fill your space.

Back
Top Bottom