Need some help fast please!

im have a hard time deciding when to chop

im searching all over the plants and different parts of leaves looking at trichromes

wow its really hard to tell could be all clear or cloudy or amber

or all three in one area.. still mostly clear day 69 wow.. long time

is it time to chop ?

Or wait a few days and just watch for amber on the buds only. When it’s about 20 to 30 percent amber to milk ratio it’s good to go. You been flushing for over a week though should wait till the trichomes start milking up before flush buddy

IMO your ready... I think the reason your seeing amber in one place and clear in another is because of the slight fox tailing your buds are showing. Where it pushes out those new white hairs there will be undeveloped trichomes in those places. Why don’t you clip a branch do a quick dry and burn one to see how the potency is?

Also agree that tasting is always a good option to test!
Any recommendations on how to "quick dry" a bud? I've put some rice in a small brown paper bag, and that still takes about 4 days before it's remotely dry enough to burn.

I’ve heard of ways to quick dry for same day smoke... I’ve never done that myself. By quick dry I’m talking 2-3 day dry instead of the usual 7-10. What I do is throw a small bud in a tent with a fan and dehuey set low and it’s usually smokable within 48 hours. It might not burn or taste the best but that’s not the point, it’s just about testing the potency.

I just pick off a flower and let it sit out but my room RH is like 40-45% so they flower will be dry enough the next day but I VAPE so there's that.

On your plant being ready or not, that all depends on the effect you like.

Some like that stony couch lock = more amber and some like a clear headed energetic high = less amber or more clear.

Dont look at the trichomes on LEAVES (since you're not smoking them) look at trichomes on the actual flowers.

From your pics your flowers are beginning to foxtail. That is new flower growth and all of those trichomes will be clear but the older trichomes will be past their ripeness and will decline in strength. I usually chop when I see foxtails.

I just pick off a flower and let it sit out but my room RH is like 40-45% so they flower will be dry enough the next day but I VAPE so there's that.

On your plant being ready or not, that all depends on the effect you like.

Some like that stony couch lock = more amber and some like a clear headed energetic high = less amber or more clear.

Dont look at the trichomes on LEAVES (since you're not smoking them) look at trichomes on the actual flowers.

From your pics your flowers are beginning to foxtail. That is new flower growth and all of those trichomes will be clear but the older trichomes will be past their ripeness and will decline in strength. I usually chop when I see foxtails.

are these fox tails so many clear ones still .. i chop only one plant down .. been smoking some bud that broke off plant
last week .. not that impress unfortunately .. not enough buzz.. not that i can really tell anymore

guess will waite for more amber tri old plant.. 70 days

hopefully better results nexts grow..

are these fox tails so many clear ones still .. i chop only one plant down .. been smoking some bud that broke off plant
last week .. not that impress unfortunately .. not enough buzz.. not that i can really tell anymore

guess will waite for more amber tri old plant.. 70 days

hopefully better results nexts grow..
Yes those are foxtails, and yes you will see clear trichomes around them.

Not at all, it just means your environment is slightly on the hot side which I’m assuming is the reason your seeing those. Note your fan leaves around the buds, see how they “canoed” or took on that taco shape... that’s from heat stress. There’s other factors that could make your plant foxtail but I’m 99% sure yours are displaying this trait due to a hot environment... what’s the temp in your room? What’s the heat like at the top of the canopy?

60706CE1-26FD-414A-A504-7D2B460A4F5B.jpeg

Here’s a pic of one of mine that fox tailed when my AC crapped out in the middle of flower... still delicious and very potent, you got nothing to worry about friend.

28.5 or less.. i did have the lights to low earlier but i kept adjusting up 25 inches above the top seems good..

your leaves look like some heat hit em but also chem fert burn in tips.. all over plant

Yup 83 degrees is definitely why your seeing your issues. And nah I just pushed the plant to its limit, your just seeing a lil tip burn. Buds came out purple and with spots of hot pink, smells heavily of lemon/citrus... tastes very good but I won’t judge that until the cure is over. Plant gave me 7 oz dry.

I keep my room at 78 at the absolute hottest... during flower I usually drop it down to 74 during lights on. My AC went out this run and that’s why my buds fix tailed. Got another AC on route for the next run. But like I said it’s no big deal, not going to effect your smoke all that much.

well i see 82 or 28 c in the pic.. which is inline for grow room temps with humid at 50 ..

you dont want to go over 29 c.. talk to dr bruce bugbee .. at apogee.. let the big man talk to you

highly recommend u watch.. if u like to listen to phds etc.. not internet bs....

Try holding it over in complete darkness 72 hours before you chop. You’ll be happy with the results.
I have a “harvesting” and “holding your plants over” write up in my signature. I think you pulled the trigger too soon on the other.
Clear trics are not at the peak ripeness. The amber you see could be from the oil
on your hands if you or someone else is touching them. Oil=bad for trics. You had majority clear and some amber. You need all cloudy and some amber for peak ripeness.
I’d also recommend Bud washing, let them hang for 5-7 days until the stem snaps, but doesn’t break, trim them up and put them in an oven bag. Open twice daily (burp) for a couple minutes for a week or more, then once daily for another week or so. Once you get them around 60-65% RH, jar them with Boveda 62s and humidity gauges.
If you don’t cure properly, it will smoke really bad.

Back
Top Bottom