Trichromes. how fast do they mature?

lokiean

so im in my last 2 weeks. trichromes are all cloudy a amber one here and there. do the trichromes really turn that fast to where itll be ready when its supposed to
IMAG00578.jpg

several weeks once first amber tricome appears.

A ripe marijuana plant will be filled in, will have an amber tinge to the buds. The pistils should have browned (or orange-d) off and receded into the buds. The seed bracts should be swollen and the trichomes should be sticking straight out with bulbous ends. Also, because you're coming close to the end of plant's life cycle, the leaves should have yellowed off and started to die

Just seen your other thread and see the over all pic very nice i would leave them a bit longer if im honest bro i think they have a bit more time to fatten up the worse thing you can do is cut early.

Tricome colour is only a fraction of what i look for when harvest time is drawing close.

do you have a loop how are you checking theese tricomes? naked eye isnt the way to go.

Looks like you have quite a few white hairs still...I'm guessing you still have 2-3 weeks to go until your seeing 30-50% amber...

This all depends on what you call 9 wk iokiean. Are you calculating this from the 12/12 switch or from when you saw your first pistils??

The 9 week will start once the first sign of flowering has shown ie calyx with a pistil popping out.

Well, you can always turn back your light cycle to 8 to 10 hrs if you want to speed things up. Take a sample and see if you like the desired effects. Amber gives you a more narcotic effect, so i would check it now to see.

I read an article in a magazine that indicated that amber is too late to harvest, more THC is present overall if the plant is taken at 90% cloudy (I think). That way when you cure for 30-60 days you will have 10% amber and max effect. I will reread and update my numbers.

Back
Top Bottom