New grower bud question

Bassmn

420 Member
Ok, so i got baby buds, lots of em. Plant is in a dwc setup and has a great root ball. For a first grow i think its going pretty well. It is a dutch treat cbd plant and honestly i am not worried about how much this plant produces, i just want to learn from it so i can do better with the next one..

The question is what do i do wth the buds growing against the stock that are growing under the buds growing at the top of the plant? Should i be cutting them off so the plant focus’s on growing the buds at the top of the plant ?

Temp in tent is steady at 70 deg f
Humidity is avg of 38 to 40%
Obviously on a 12/12 light cycle

Im going to ask that everybody ignore the lights.... im doing what i can with what i got. There is a 450 watt led hanging above the plant that is not shown and the two hangin ones on the side are 45 watt led i bought fr my venus flytraps... which they absolutely love....

Thanks for your input.
Bassmn

Attachments

• A73D9656-3D02-4C34-B6D1-AB462529EDA6.jpeg
    A73D9656-3D02-4C34-B6D1-AB462529EDA6.jpeg
    697.3 KB · Views: 104
  • E8338623-4705-419F-8EBB-1CC34468156B.jpeg
    E8338623-4705-419F-8EBB-1CC34468156B.jpeg
    838.4 KB · Views: 119
If they're down there "in the shade",you can remove them because they won't develop much anyway,
Let her work on the "real" buds.

You might want to check this out. Keep you busy for a bit but good info.

If they're down there "in the shade",you can remove them because they won't develop much anyway,
Let her work on the "real" buds.
Hey Carcass, I was wondering around and stumbled upon this, does that advice go for outdoor plants as well? I have some small buds under the main canopy that I don't think are going to amount to much so you say wack'em ?

I agree with @Commando45 (Welcome to 420,Commando!)
With the sun moving across the sky outdoors,the lower branches get enough sun to make them worth leaving on the plant,If you're letting the plant grow naturally (tall)

But, if you're training the plant to be shorter and bushier,some leaf removal may be necessary to allow the light to penetrate into the interior of the plant,and in this situation,there may be some little branches that just won't get enough light to produce decent buds, even outdoors-
so removing them would probably be beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom