New member, new grower, old partaker

Kriaze

Hey everyone, I'd just like to quickly introduce myself as after reading the forum for a long time (and smoking even longer) I have finally joined the community.

First of all my name is Paul, I'm 42 years old and I'm a photographer, computer technician and full time smoker (not necessarily in that order :p ). I've been smoking recreationally for around 27 years but nowadays I prefer the medicinal properties to the buzzy high that I used to enjoy. Recently after years of struggling to get hold of a decent smoke for a decent price I've bit the bullet and decided to grow my own. I'm 3 weeks out from harvest but I don't think the 3 plants that I have are going to make it. If there was ever a newbies guide to mistakes I've read it and probably enhanced it, all in one grow! Hopefully people like me can still be a good addition to the community even if it's just to show how not to do things.

Anyway after struggling with temps using a 600w Hps I'll now be trying these newfangled LED grow lights for my next grow. If anyone could share advice that would be most appreciated or I'm doomed to smoking leaves for the rest of my life! Probably nute burned and heat stressed leaves at that lol. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in the forums and if I type a little rambling nonsense now and again please bear with me, sometimes my mind can wander off at tangent....ahem puff puff pass ;-)

:welcome: Kriaze to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Green Dreamz

Kriaze....you should start a grow journal if you havent already....then put a link to it in your sig.....make sure to post pics of your girls on it and members will reach out to help you....we have a great community of awesome growers that just want you to succeed:)....if you make you a journal there is a chance we can get them turned around a bit for you:).....If you need anything or have any questions feel free to contact me or my Hospitality Team Partner Beateo:)....you can also visit my journal as well:).....

Don't abandon hps entirely my friend.
DSC_19831.JPG

I've pulled more Leds out of grow than any other item period

Welcome to 420. And start digging bet you can find a climate control idea,

As for veg sure grab yourself a led or t5 or cfl.

Hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome! Great picture there Dutty Panty, makes me happy just by looking at it :D Here's a picture of mine, they're in a very poor state. It all went wrong after my using PK 13/14, that along with temps of 30 degrees I think it was all too much for them. I'm trying them on half feed at the moment, but it may already be too late.
DSC1717rs.jpg
DSC1711rs.jpg

Kriaze,
It might be better to cut out the nutes entirely for now. Maybe just give ph adjusted water for a week or two. If they're dry & crispy they may be finished but if they're just drooping there's a good chance you can get them back if you don't panic. Make sure your HPS is at least 18" from the plant tops.... that seems to be a good distance for my 400W so you could maybe even go a bit further away. :goodluck:
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Hey Beateo thanks for the reply. Yeah I've cut all nutes out now and flushed them, just waiting to see how they go now and keeping my fingers crossed :). The light is already at the top of my tent and can't go any higher but the temps are still the same, I'm not sure what I can do there. Thanks for the good luck too, I think I'm going to need it :)

Hey KingJohnC thanks for the welcome. Sorry I didn't realise that you had posted here and I tried to send you a pm but unfortunately I haven't made enough posts to do so. I followed your LED/Soil grow link and pasted my pm there. Apologies if this was the wrong thing to do but I didn't want to seem rude by not replying and thanking you for the info, plus I had a question too. All the best :)

Back
Top Bottom