New Member - Old Grower - From Canada!

Re: New member old grower - From Canada!

good to know about the humidity. one of the items i have yet to equip my lab with. guess i best get on that. pigeons, i know what you mean about wishing to support the community but not wanting to look too obvious,, and well, in kelowna, winter is just not the time to be buying gardening supplies,, so i do not shop for lab supplies where i usually shop for my outdoor flower gardens,, but i feel guilty for not supporting local at the same time,, oh well, cheers, nivek

I preferred to use very low humidity at the end of flower because I believe it promotes Tricom growth, and you have no chance of mold with humidity like that. As soon as you harvest bring it back up to at least 40 for drying , but it's a good thing at the end of bloom.

Yea I'm familiar with the humidity. Im checking out the dry closet right now.

good to know about the humidity. one of the items i have yet to equip my lab with. guess i best get on that. pigeons, i know what you mean about wishing to support the community but not wanting to look too obvious,, and well, in kelowna, winter is just not the time to be buying gardening supplies,, so i do not shop for lab supplies where i usually shop for my outdoor flower gardens,, but i feel guilty for not supporting local at the same time,, oh well, cheers, nivek

Lol winter was not he best time to learn about all the nutrients and soils and such cause I have one store in like a 200km radius that I could buy from and I don't want to go in there and explain why I need that stuff.

Lol my town is small enough to know my grandmother. Or that she lives nowhere near here lol. But I have a very "extravagant fish tank and elaborate set up of Christmas lights". Lol

Low humidity at that level will indeed effect the little ones, but for this flowering beast you are spot on Pigeons. Do you have any available options to keep the humidity higher for the seedlings?

Lol it's funny you asked. I just finished up with them. I added a small bowl of water and I soaked pair of boxers/underwear inside the cabinet and I've raised the humidity to 27. Their about to go to sleep for the first time in about 20 minutes. And I'm hoping this works. Things don't look very nice in there.

Here's hoping my timer works. I've had so many issues with timers it's not even funny. I've learned that the simpler the timer the better. The more sophisticated is not worth the fun. Especially, if it's digital and relies on power. Should the power go out you have to reset them. And if it happens in the middle of the night and you don't know your stuff can get messed up. ***end little rent about timers***.

It's clear today has been a rough day. Lol :Namaste:

I plugged a heater into my grow timer and burned up 2 of them before I knew what had happend. I feel you on the timer issue.

It's horrible! Lol we so much trust into them and they fail.

This timer met its maker last year... Perhaps I have an expensive way of dealing with anger.
image17711.jpg
image17712.jpg

I've had the same epiphany about timers. Keep it simple. The digital ones are pretty but more prone to screw ups. Good work on the humidity.

I've had the same epiphany about timers. Keep it simple. The digital ones are pretty but more prone to screw ups. Good work on the humidity.

Thanks Sue. Fingers crossed

Got my girl in a DIY 5 gallon bucket. Miracle grow potting soil and no amendments other than basic MG Nutes. At the beginning of this grow I didn't know to much about Nutes and soils. But since coming to this magazine I have gained a wealth of knowledge.
Looking at your plants you've done a great job buddy, I figure your about 2 weeks from harvest? If so I would stop everything but water at this point. Our plants are about the same age, I've stopped all nute, molasses etc and now I'm cutting back on water as well, when I get about 4 days from harvest i stop all watering, when I'm down to 2 days prior to harvest i turn off the lights from 48 hours of dark. Its my belief that this system will give you the most bang for your buck , as it were. If I had a camera I could show you my grow, it's northern lights #1 and their looking awesome, I have yet to pull a yellow or dead and dying leaf. Good luck eh!:goodjob:

Looking at your plants you've done a great job buddy, I figure your about 2 weeks from harvest? If so I would stop everything but water at this point. Our plants are about the same age, I've stopped all nute, molasses etc and now I'm cutting back on water as well, when I get about 4 days from harvest i stop all watering, when I'm down to 2 days prior to harvest i turn off the lights from 48 hours of dark. Its my belief that this system will give you the most bang for your buck , as it were. If I had a camera I could show you my grow, it's northern lights #1 and their looking awesome, I have yet to pull a yellow or dead and dying leaf. Good luck eh!:goodjob:

Thanks partner. I appreciate your kind words. Especially as my other grow is struggling to take off.

I've got the 28th marked on the calendar as my hopeful harvest date. I to have also stopped everything and gave her her first flush yesterday. Won't water her again for a couple days.

As for the dark period. I also do a 48 hour dark period before harvest. I'm so excited for harvest I can't wait!!

You definitly need a camera for pictures so we can compare. Even for next grow.

I will post all my harvest pictures as I go along. :)

pg420 as a second opinion,I keep my drying area in the 62-65% R/H range,you don't want the outside drying faster than the inside
look at the broveda packs they are purpose built to hold the humidity @62% for long term storage of mmj.,I have dried in the middle of the garage,I didn't change until a few years ago,the drying and curing is really a separate discipline in the growing world.please research this end process

I also drop the RH late in flower,but keep a eye on mites,they love the lower humidity

Back
Top Bottom