New to site: Cannabis tinctures vs RSO for asthma?

CoolGreen

420 Member
Greeting, I‘m 59 years old and have been healthy all my life. About three years ago I came down with allergy induced asthma. It comes and goes and at times it’s unbearable with the wheezing, sinus issues, and the inability to sleep through the night. I smoked quite a bit in the 1970s when we called it pot, I think it came mostly from Mexico. I live on the west coast, in a legal state, and this past year I have been reintroduced to cannabis. I’ve tried pods with the Pax Era, dried flower in the Firefly, edibles, tincture, and even RSO all recreationally. I’m currently taking a six week break from cannabis to re-set my tolerance and my doctor has me on several different meds. Smoking and vaping seem to aggravate my asthma. I’d to get off the poison meds and try tinctures or RSO for my asthma. There are four recreational/ medical shops nearby and I can get anything cannabis related. Finally, my question is, should I start off slow and try a THC/CBD ratio tincture first or go straight to an RSO? Sorry for the long post, I know from reading the posts here there are folks with much more serious medical issues then me. Thanks for any input.

Well CoolGreen to 420 magazine.
I make my own capsules from Rosin and Shatter and loving it . We probably have the same asthma problem from the paraquat Mexican weed ! Let’s see if everyone hasn’t taken off to the party ! @InTheShed and @SweetSue can answer that question.

Greeting, I‘m 59 years old and have been healthy all my life. About three years ago I came down with allergy induced asthma. It comes and goes and at times it’s unbearable with the wheezing, sinus issues, and the inability to sleep through the night. I smoked quite a bit in the 1970s when we called it pot, I think it came mostly from Mexico. I live on the west coast, in a legal state, and this past year I have been reintroduced to cannabis. I’ve tried pods with the Pax Era, dried flower in the Firefly, edibles, tincture, and even RSO all recreationally. I’m currently taking a six week break from cannabis to re-set my tolerance and my doctor has me on several different meds. Smoking and vaping seem to aggravate my asthma. I’d to get off the poison meds and try tinctures or RSO for my asthma. There are four recreational/ medical shops nearby and I can get anything cannabis related. Finally, my question is, should I start off slow and try a THC/CBD ratio tincture first or go straight to an RSO? Sorry for the long post, I know from reading the posts here there are folks with much more serious medical issues then me. Thanks for any input.
Is this deja vu? You have stolen my thunder... Except for the severity of the asma you suffer, I too am a 70s spawn latent pot smoker. I have some issues I hope to address, and I believe that Illinois becoming cannabis friendly is a godsend. At 60, I have survived the loss of six of nine people in my family. It has left me with PTSD, depression anxiety to go along with total replacement of both knees. Arthritis is a natural result of growing older unfortunately our need for greed in our culture leaves most of not all the institutions that where created to help people, crippled and stifeled, unable to see that true care starts with honesty. Cannabis is an honest natural cure for many of the most important factors in life that can be found in CBD, and THC.

Welcome Bengt to 420 magazine.
I know it’s a bad timing everyone got places to go for the New Year . Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one. It will help get you where you started . Happy new year.

Why a six-week reset? The receptors reset in 36 hours and the Sensitization Protocol to find your new minimum effective dose is only 6 days.

Where are my manners? :laughtwo: Welcome to the site. :hug:

Welcome and Happy New Year CoolGreen. I know this is anecdotal, but since I started ingesting Tincture of Indica as a sleep aid, I've stopped being a daily user of Flonase for a variety of South Texas pollen infestations. Four years and counting. 72yr. old auto grower.

Welcome and Happy New Year CoolGreen. I know this is anecdotal, but since I started ingesting Tincture of Indica as a sleep aid, I've stopped being a daily user of Flonase for a variety of South Texas pollen infestations. Four years and counting. 72yr. old auto grower.
And it’s been the worst today with all the west Texas cedar and northwest wind ! Welcome from the central Texas .

Well CoolGreen to 420 magazine.
I make my own capsules from Rosin and Shatter and loving it . We probably have the same asthma problem from the paraquat Mexican weed ! Let’s see if everyone hasn’t taken off to the party ! @InTheShed and @SweetSue can answer that question.

Ha Ha, forgot all about the spraying of paraquat scare, thanks for the reply. Will probably make my own eventually.

Thanks for the shout WH and welcome to 420mag CG! I'm not sure what blend of THC and CBD would be helpful for allergies or asthma, though many find a heavy indica good for sleep generally.

CBD is an anti-inflammatory when taken internally over time (not immediate like Advil), but if your asthma is allergy induced that might not be as helpful as it would for those who suffer from it all the time. Still, might be worth a try. CBD is best used under the tongue and held there for a minute or two before swallowing.

I can't see the need to go with something as strong as RSO (what we call CCO here: concentrated cannabis oil) when starting with a quality CBD oil or a blend could be helpful at a lot lower cost.

Is the euphoria associated with THC something you have a specific feeling about? Some aren't keen, some are ambivalent, and some actively seek it!
since I started ingesting Tincture of Indica as a sleep aid, I've stopped being a daily user of Flonase for a variety of South Texas pollen infestations.
Great info, anecdotal or not skirk! Do you have the details on the tincture? Strain name, % THC, mg THC/ml tincture and the like?
Sentizarion
LOL!
Ha Ha, forgot all about the spraying of paraquat scare, thanks for the reply. Will probably make my own eventually.
I'm sure you don't need to worry about paraquat now! In a legal state, testing procedures are pretty strict.

:rofl:

Corrected. Lol!

Funny, I was just given my first sample of Flonase last night by my allergist. How much of the tincture do you use?

Funny, I was just given my first sample of Flonase last night by my allergist. How much of the tincture do you use?

@CoolGreen & @InTheShed - I ingest 2ml tinctue and .5 gr of decarbed bud 2 hr. before bed.
Strains - Auto BlueBerry Domina, creme de la chem, samsquanch, Northern lights.
Frozen etoh extraction using 13grams and 8oz EC then reducing to 4oz for use. Don't know the math or
potency, it was more of a gradual increase to my sweet spot.

Attachments

• DSCN0113 (2).JPG
    DSCN0113 (2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 142
Back
Top Bottom