Nicky's Indoor COB Grow: Green Gelato, Rainbows, Ayahuasca Purple

Green Gelato and Rainbows got topped today at day 24. Ayahuasca Purple will get topped tomorrow.

Green Gelato before topping
GG 25 days 1.jpg

GG 25 days 2.jpg

Green Gelato after topping
R 24 days After topping.jpg

Rainbows before topping
R 24 days 1.jpg

R 24 days 2.jpg

Rainbows after topping
R 24 days After topping.jpg

I've just done some more training to follow up the toppings of the plants. All 4 branches are trained outwards/downwards to let the 8 colas start growing along the perimeter of the pot.

Ayahuasca Purple
AP 25 days After training.jpg

Green Gelato, I snapped yet another branch, but not so much this time. It luckily didn't break through all the way. She's very hard to train, she's got stiff branches that pull hard to grow upwards.
GG 25 days After training.jpg

Rainbows, this girl is super easy to train. The branches are soft and bend easily.
R 25 days After training.jpg

I improved the tent a bit. These frames that I've made of PVC pipes prevents the tent walls from getting sucked in due to the under pressure created by the exhaust fan. It'll make for some extra flower area.
Tent frames.jpg

Day 28, the girls are today 4 weeks old. I drilled 8 extra holes in each pot to make training better. The 8 nodes of each plant are now being trained into their respective position from where the colas will start growing upwards.

Rainbows
R 28 days 1.jpg

R 28 days 2.jpg

Green Gelato
GG 28 days 1.jpg

GG 28 days 2.jpg

Ayahuasca Purple. This girl was topped one day later than the others, and her 8 nodes are not ready to be trained yet. There's just a little bit of weight added to 4 of the 8 nodes.
AP 28 days 1.jpg

AP 28 days 2.jpg

Some more training done. From now on they will be allowed to grow upwards. There's still some training to be done to position the colas correctly.

Green Gelato day 29;
GG 29 days After training.jpg

Rainbows 29 days;
R 29 days After training.jpg

Ayahuasca Purple day 30;
AP 30 days After training.jpg

Green Gelato and Rainbows have more or less finished their training. The 8 colas can start to grow upwards now.
Ayahuasca Purple needs another few days before the arms can be put in place.
I found some shoots coming from nowhere on Rainbows and Ayahuasca Purple. I'll keep them for now and see what I'll do with them later.

Rainbows
R 31 days After training 1.jpg

R 31 days After training 2.jpg

R 31 days After training 3.jpg

Green Gelato
GG 31 days After training 1.jpg

GG 31 days After training 2.jpg

GG 31 days After training 3.jpg

Ayahuasca Purple
AP 31 days 1.jpg

AP 31 days 2.jpg

AP 31 days 3.jpg

I did some more training today. It sucks when you get over confident! When I did the Ayahuasca Purple I snapped 2 of the 8 branches, one of them all the way through. Maybe lucky I pulled out a 9th arm yesterday...

Rainbows
R 33 days After training.jpg

Green Gelato
GG 33 days After training.jpg

Ayahuasca Purple with 2 snapped arms
AP 33 days After training.jpg

I improved the tent a bit. These frames that I've made of PVC pipes prevents the tent walls from getting sucked in due to the under pressure created by the exhaust fan. It'll make for some extra flower area.
Tent frames.jpg
Smart, I like this idea and will definitely be doing this to all my tents. Your killin it so far.

Smart, I like this idea and will definitely be doing this to all my tents. Your killin it so far.

Thanks. Yes, I can definitely recommend the frames, I love them. I made the front one so you can easily swing it open, the 3 others can slide up and down. Cost was a few euros only.

Nice, so your just using zip ties on the permanent ones that slide? What are you using on the one that swings?

Nice, so your just using zip ties on the permanent ones that slide? What are you using on the one that swings?

Zip ties are the best invention ever! I have them everywhere in my tent. They are great for quick and simple solutions to many problems.

I made my frames slightly bigger than the inner distance between the poles. That way they are held in place outside of the poles making even more space inside.
Frame details 1.jpg

For the front one I just use some soft ties together with zip ties. They are quick to open when you need to get to the plants.
Frame details 2.jpg

I dig it, Im gonna pick up supplies this weekend and make it happen. I’ll be following along with this grow, keep up the good work.

Day 35, I won't do much more training. The Ayahuasca Purple needs some, but after snapping 2 branches the other day, I'll let her rest.
The plants are about 20 cm tall with the 8 colas starting at about 15 cm height. I'm now hoping the 3 different strains will grow at a similar pace, so I'm not forced to switch too soon for any plant. They get another 30 cm max before I switch.

Rainbows has reached 20 cm in height
R 35 days 1.jpg

R 35 days 2.jpg

Green Gelato - 19 cm
GG 35 days 1.jpg

GG 35 days 2.jpg

Ayahuasca Purple - 18 cm
AP 35 days 1.jpg

AP 35 days 2.jpg

The 8 colas on each plant start to form. They have stretched a lot in one week, Ayahuasca Purple has doubled in height. They measure in at: Rainbows: 38cm, Green Gelato: 31 cm, and Ayahuasca Purple: 36 cm. If they keep growing at this rate, I need to switch within a few days.
Green Gelato is not growing as tall as the others, but does instead bush out a lot more. Each cola is getting plenty bushy.

From left to right at day 42;
Rainbows, Green Gelato, Ayahuasca Purple
All 42 days 1.jpg

All 42 days 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom