Night humidity

Aaron holt

When my lights are off the humidity rises to 100%, is that super bad? I'm thinking of leaving a fan running at night. Lemme know please it'll b greatly appreciated.

In my opinion, you should always leave a fan running to circulate the air around your plants. This helps in evaporating the extra moisture and provides needed ventilation. Are you growing in a spare bathroom shower stall?

I'm flowering in a tent that's 9×7×6 in my basement. Thank-you for the response, after I asked I made sure to keep one running and exhaust fan running for dark period last night and when the lights kicked on my humidity had dropped from 100% humidity to 75%, so def hit the nail on the head there. So if anyone is suffering from high humidity at night and everything is shutting down w your lights try Leaving a fan on and I promise you the humidity will drop

It's especially a problem when you get to flowering, mainly because of mold/bud rot destroying the crop. Eventually I put in a dehumidifier. Night time temps are too low for me to keep vent fans going, and outside air here is super humid anyway.

It's especially a problem when you get to flowering, mainly because of mold/bud rot destroying the crop. Eventually I put in a dehumidifier. Night time temps are too low for me to keep vent fans going, and outside air here is super humid anyway.

Exactly ..You need to look into a dehumidifier for sure ..

I guess it's easier to deal with low humidity than high. You can always add moisture to an enclosure passively, with an open bucket of water and a fan.

You can raise humidity that way if it's a small space, AK. I think you're right- high humidity is probably a slightly better problem to have than low humidity. Not much though. I don't like the ever present threat of mould. I wish I could drop my night time temps enough to bring out nice colors safely without worrying about rot. I've found a good enough balance now, with the dehumidifier on during lights out. Brings my RH down to 60 or so which is enough.

I was worried about High Humidity when i first started inside. Mine didnt get as high as 100% but it would rise to the high 80's. I'm growing in the basement also. not sure why but the humidity drop down to the low 60's once it got hot enough outside for me to turn the central air on in the house. now my temps range from 68-71 deg. with a pretty constant 60% humidity

Back
Top Bottom