Nirvana's Papaya Kush Indoor Scrog - 2009

I hope he doesn't mind me answering for him, or you
for me butting in, but they they do make 150watt cfl's.
Actually I seen the new 200 watt cfl's which would be
around 800 watts compared to a standard bulb.
Impressive for cfl's when used in the veg stage.
I'm looking at one or two myself. There not cheap
and they are actually quite long at 14 inches.

Cheers!

ok so now im confused. he is using a 150 watt cfl. wouldnt that be too much. i would think that would burn the leaves. i plan on using 42 watt cfls on one plant with a reflector on it. i will have 4 plants and 4 bulbs. should i up to a higher wattage?

Thanks cachagau I was tired of dealing with dealers and paying for meds in the states so I moved out here and got a growing licence. A scrog would be a great idea if you only have 5 feet to work with and yes it is 3 feet wide 1 foot deep and 7 inches above the pots in the middle and 9 inches on the sides the pots are 10 inches I believe. I would share the angles with you but honestly I just eye balled it and somehow it managed to be perfect lol. If you are worried about the angles just use a flat screen or just buy a few extra 2X2s lol. I used a brad gun but screws would work too as long as you contersink and predrill the holes.

Thanks Durgtad the ladies will be in 12/12 very soon I had an issue with my ph it rose to 6.9 and things slowed a bit while I was lowering it. Things are back to normal now though and they are only a dayt or two a way from the light switch.

Josh local hydro store its 150 watts and no it is by no means too much I would actually like to get the new 200 watt one and wish they made a 300 watt one. Three plants and why would it burn the leaves? there is next to no heat on the thing.

Dragonchaser dont mind at all sorry I haven't posted in forever I have been working two jobs and will be for the next week untill my two weeks are up on my last job.

Ill post pics once I switch the lights I just wanna go to bed lol working a 16 hour day will do that to you.

Oh yeah and the new season of weeds is out woot!

Josh think about it differently the more watts the faster the plants grow and the higher the yield. The light you have might work but will be a low yielder.

Mcmedic. If it gets high you adjust your water lower than 6.5 and visa versa if it gets low. Also flushing will buffer the soil back to its normal state and yóu can use lemon peels to make it more acidic. No I have always used rockwool cubes and a little dome thingy I made. Btw I'm soon going to take clones and am building mý vege box.

No problem smokeymcmedic I can't wait to get off of work and update with some pics the ladies look so green and amazing. I am so happy with this strain.

Okay guys I'm really excited came home from work and there are 42 bud sites out of the ninety holes and at 6 pm today the ladys go into 12/12. I have a lot of work today pruning out big fan leaves and undergrowth, I need to take a few lower branches ive been saving for clones I think there are eight total, I need to move my veg light out of the lowering box and into my new veg box for the clones. Anyways here is a pic or two finally.

Day 53 final day of veg
day_53.jpg

Sorry it is not the best of pictures but it gets the job done well I got a lot of work to do so talk to you all later.
:peace:

Cigo its hard to tell because they are bent over and weave back and forth through the screen to fill in for the scrog.

ymcmedic sometimes i leave a bud site or two but yeah for the most part below the screen is just the piping for the canopy. Also after you cut out everything underneath it there is more of a focus on the canopy.

Thanks pan.

So I had a fan go out last night and I upgraded it from the 4 inch 82 cfm inline duct fan to a 6 inch 250 cfm inline duct fan. It is hooked up to the cool-tube and now keeps the air in the cooltube down to 82 and the air in the gow cab is 78. I can tell the plants Love the 400 watt hps and like the cooler temp a whole lot pictures coming tomorrow after watering with advanced nutrients bloom series.

so would it be enough to use my 42 watt on each plant or up it up?

Josh, you may want to look at the beginning of my journal or even the whole thing as it is only three pages long so far. You can start out with the bulb wattage you have and just add wattage as the plant grows. I started out with four 26W CFL's in a grow space that was 15"W X 11"D and three plants. You don't need a gajillion wants to start them off properly but as others have said the more the merrier provided you can find a way to mount them so the plant can actually USE the light. These are fluorescents and as such they don't have much penetrating power and their intensity drops off very quickly once you move away from the bulb.

Mellow, looking awesome...I originally wanted to go with a SCROG grow but decided that my original cabinet was way too small and then I built a new one that had enough height that I can let them grow somewhat normal with a bit of LST. I remember watching a buddy of mine's SCROG fill out and mature over the course of a few months a long while back and it's amazing what they can yield. Did you say 42 bud sites? Holey moley! :cheer: +rep Not to mention that's a clean setup you have there...

Thanks durgastad.

Smokeymcmedic yeah I want to go organic but the sensi system is amazing and I have had huge results.

Now for some pics...

Day 2 flowering notice the 6" fan on the diy cool tube.
day_2_001.jpg

day_2_002.jpg

day_2_003.jpg

54 bud sites total

Under the screen
day_2_004.jpg

day_2_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom