Nirvana's Papaya Kush Indoor Scrog - 2009

Sico - Yeah I normally fim them right as they reach the screen. I think I am going to try the scrog without fim'ing two of the plants this time around to see if it affects the yield at all. I have had great success in the past though with the fim method though.

Thanks pan I try :smokin:

Yeah fineas I spend way to much time with my plants lol :peace:

Thanks Sugarpistol

Welcome BuBBaDank and thanks for following the thread. Yeah I like to keep the high compact cfl bulb an inch or two from the tops to get that nice bushy look.

Now time to roll a joint :rollit:

:hmmmm:Hey Mellow, I have another question about scrog, what does the lower section of the set up ( in the center ) do for the you? Will that give the center plant more of like stress than the sides? I have seen it done on other scrogs but I really don't understand.:smokin:

Hey all time for an update. Things are really going good right now the screen is filling in very nicely and everything is extremely green and healthy. Today I pruned a lot of unnecessary under growth and watered the plants with 2 liters of ph adjusted filtered water. I use a turkey baster to water the plants which is the most amazing tool when dealing with a scrog; you can really get to all of those hard to reach places and get an even spread of water. It should only be another week or untill half of the screen is filled and I switch the lights over to 12/12.

Pictures

Day 41
day_41_1.jpg

day_41_2.jpg

day_41_3.jpg

Last night I fim'd another plant (the one farthest to the right)... I decided not to top the one in the middle just to try something different. Also I have been doing some low stress training on lower shoots to get them to the screen faster. The screen is now about 1/3 full with 20 bud sites out of the 90 holes in the screen.

day_42.jpg

Lst on lower branch
day_42_lst.jpg

Im doing a burmese kush grow with 3 topped plants under a 400w hps. VERY similar to your setup. and they are almost as old as urs. I love the fat kush leaves.

I topped early and now mine are vegging should I let them just grow straight up into the screen as you did or should I LST first.

But anywho you plizzies are very nice looking:rollit:

Hey jed thanks for stopping bye...

Personally I have developed a method by trying new things every grow and seeing what works the best. I fim the plants about a half an inch before they hit the screen. When you top or fim a plant you will really see some extreme side growth appear. When you see the side growth taking off start to low stress train the lower limbs by bending them out further and tying them away from the plant to get more light. I also super-crop some of the lower limbs as well to promote side growth. After doing either of the two your side growth will quickly grow up into the screen giving you a lot more bud sites to work with. Personally I use one plant per square foot and use the lower limbs to fill in the perimeter of the square foot leaving the center for the main stem. Meanwhile the plant will keep growing tall and you start to work the plant into the screen by bending the stem horizontally and filling it in with bud sites. Right about the time the lower limbs reach the screen is when you will notice your screen is about 50 percent full and you need to switch the lights over to 12/12.

Sorry if that's more information than you wanted lol but instead of telling you one way is better than the other I wanted to tell you the method I have created by trial and error.

Pics and update will come tomorrow or the next day.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom