NoDirtWeed's No Dirt Grow

NoDirtWeed4Me

Alright I've got the dirt grow going so I thought that I would throw in a single hydro grow that I am doing for comparison. I built my box from a cabinet I bought at Home Depot for $30. I am growing in rockwool surounded by aquarock. The light setup is 4 20watt natural sunshine flouros. Ventilation and circulation is handle by a 90cfm blower and a 6 inch circular fan. I am using the Flora Series - FloraGro, FloraMicro, and FloraBloom through a resevior drip system. I started off with the week mixture and watering 3 times a day for 15 minutes per set. Today I changed out the water and went up to the full strenth vegetative mixture. I also have an airstone in the resevoir for a little extra oxygen in the water. I love how easy the hydro setup is for 2 weeks I did nothing to it but add a little extra water to the resevoir and check to make sure everthing is running as it should. Anyways here's some pics for you all.

HydroGrowBox.jpg

HydroGrowBox_2.jpg

HydroGrowBox_3.jpg

Day 8
HydroDay8.jpg

Day 12
HydroDay12.jpg

Day 14
HydroDay14.jpg

Day 16
HydroDay16.jpg

:grinjoint:

Yeah looks nice, good job

KingPhilie said:
very nice dude, but my question is this, wha cha gonna do when you run outa room? .PEACE.

The shelf is adjustable. Plenty of room for me to get the plant through the veg to 18 inches. Then it can go to my flowering area. I have a 400watt hps for that. I just have to figure out what kind of hydro setup I'll be using for that point. I've got plenty of time for that though. I'm going to be moving in about a month and where I'm moving I'll have a whole lot more room for growing. I'll have a 10'x10' room I can split and use for my veg and flower rooms. That will be much better than the little closet area I'm growing in now. I can't wait to get to have like 6 plants flowering at a time, but this time through with the dirt grow and the hydro grow is good practice. That way when I've got my new setup I'll have a much better idea of what I'm doing. :kjhkhkl:

What a difference a couple days makes. It's really amazing how fast this plant grows. I love it. Well here's a couple more pics. :biggrin:

HydroDay18.jpg

HydroDay18top.jpg

Well it's been two days and the jumps in growth each day never cease to amaze me. What I find as the really big difference between dirt and hydro is vert growth. This plant is as developed as my dirt plant was at 25 days, even though this ones only at 20, but it's not nearly as tall. It's now about 6 inches tall and I'm thinking of blooming it at 10. I'm going to be moving soon and the drive time is about 12 hours so if it's already on bloom cycle I won't have to worry about lighting during the drive. :hmmmm:

HydroDay20.jpg

HydroDay20-2.jpg

That's not a bad idea. I think I might try that. Would the lack of air be a problem? I guess I could put a small circular in the box with it for circulation. That should probably be good enough. Right? Wow I'm bakered. :bong:

Wait how would I put a hydro plant in a box? Maybe I can find a box that I can fit over the plant.....I don't know I'll think about it. Also since last night when I posted that pic the plant has grown enough that it is touching the lights. Just last night it still had over an inch of clearance. :yikes:

which light is it touchin be careful so it doesnt burn it .. and for the caride with the box i think it would be fine be careul wiht the whole though u dont want any light.. um just make sure the care is cool wiht the a/c and u will be fine for those 12 hours.. and for the hydro plant u put the lil container that u have it in a box and disconnect all the shit just make sure beofre u pull all the water supplies that it was just watter i would think it would be fine

The tray, that the hydro plant is in, is mounted to the shelf it's on. All the tubing for watering and drainage runs through holes in the shelf to get from the lower level(the reservoir) to the top level(the plant tray), so it would be a pretty big pain in the ass to move it back and forth each day. I think I'll try and light proof the grow cabinet. Maybe I could use a bar-b-Q cover, that should definitely do the trick. That way I could leave on the small circular fan and the watering and have everything else synced up on a timer with the lights. Thanks for the advise though blacturboteg420. :biggrin: Also the light it was touching are just flouros. I left my dirt plant touching them for a couple days before and never had a burn. They never get too hot to touch. I moved the shelf down a couple inches anyways, seems to be happy.

Back
Top Bottom