NoDirtWeed's No Dirt Grow

It can be adapted to the purpose. Just get a small version of what he's using. He's growing in a 3'x8' area. Not too big of a difference. If you have any questions let us know.

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
Ok another 2 days have past and the plant is still doing well in the new setup. :grinjoint:

HydroDay28.jpg

HydroDay282.jpg

WOW :adore: :adore: NoDirtWeed you've got a couple really nice grows going on there bro, congrats, good luck and enjoy. :grinjoint:
Peace P420!

Thanks P420 that's quite a complement coming from a pro like you. That last grow of yours was pretty impressive can't wait to see how the current one turns out. How's that NL#9 comming along? Able to sprout one yet?

Today I topped the plant(that's why it doesn't look any bigger) and cut off a couple of fan leaves that were just blocking some of the lower bud sites.

HydroDay30.jpg

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
Thanks P420 that's quite a complement coming from a pro like you. That last grow of yours was pretty impressive can't wait to see how the current one turns out. How's that NL#9 comming along? Able to sprout one yet?
lol thanks but hardly a pro :grinjoint:
nothing from NL#9 but sage x blue rhino and skywalker are looking all right basically having them as window plants till next grow, clones should be done soon just need time to make quick adjustments to room soon as my buddy the Plant Doctor has time to come and help.

Did u say u topped it?.. I wouldnt top well in flowerin its not good for it .. i think i it will slow down the procss on buddin and now it has to heal its self.. it will be fine but just thouhgi would let u know if u didnt allready know ... peace bro .. lookin good :allgood:

What I've read in several places is you can top, without slowing development, up to a week into flowering. It's only been in flowering for 3 nights. Even if it slows it down a little I'm not too worried the dirt grow will be done first either way. ;)

^^ As long as you're not removing a lot of leaves and such, topping isn't a bad idea at all.... it can help you to thicken the plant before it flowers, so you don't end up with this horribly tall and lanky monster plant, who cannot support it's self.

I know it's not the same, but I've had to top many a vegetating plant in my life... been into horticulture since I was 5. And sometimes, the proper sacrifices need to be made before you ruin the final project ;)

(by the way, NDW4M, your plant is looking VERY healthy for "her" age *fingers crossed* )

All i gotta say is im impressed man, Definatley looks indica with the broad leaves n bushy growth, you know what strain it is?

tinfoil I am not sure which strain this is, like my dirt grow it's just some of the seeds I've saved over the years from any weed that kicked my ass. You're right though it definitely has an indica look to it. Most likely a cross heavy on the indica, still has a bit of the sativa look to it. I don't know and I'm not too worried about it on my first two grows here(the soil and the hydro), they are just going to see what I like better soil or soilless growing. I think I'm going to go with hydro, so much less maintenance and denser growth.

SeXy VeXy said:
(by the way, NDW4M, your plant is looking VERY healthy for "her" age *fingers crossed* )

Thanks Sexy I've got mine crossed too. I'm seeing preflowers developing that look very similar to what grew on my soil plant before any hairs showed, so I'm hopeful. Maybe in the next couple days "she" will show.

Does anyone know if it is possible to grow without dirt and water the plant by hand instead of building a hydro system? Or is it really easy with the small hydro system? Could you explain more about your process, NDW, of building and watering in your system?

Also, how big of a difference does it make using different lights for vegetating and flowering? Or is it the cycle thats more important?

You really can't do the hand watering with hydro. with my hydro system it automatically waters my plant 3 times per day for 20 minutes each time. not to mention the hydro nutrients. I only have to replace the nutes in my sytem once every 2 weeks. If you watered by hand you would have to use new nutes each time and that would get expensive real fast. It's just not feasible, plus it's really easy with the small hydro system. The only expensive part is the lighting and hps will run you about $200 and is more than I need for such a small area. Small plants, small lights, small yield. It's not that you are limited in size because of hydro but because of the space you are growing in. In my little cabinet I have 4 20watt flouros, with the mylar reflecting the light back at the plant to reduce loss, that's enough for me to have 2 small plants which is all the room I have in my box so it works out.

With inducing budding it's the amount of light(daytime) hours that make the magic happen. As soon as you switch your lighting from 24 hours of light per day to 12 hours of light per day it starts building up the hormone that makes the plant develop the buds that we all love. The different types of lighting have their effect on yield. The more usable light the plant gets the bigger the yield. For example I started flowering my hydro grow at only a little over 12 inches because that's all that the lighting will support and because of that I will be lucky if I can get a half oz from it. My dirt grow on the other hand I have a 400 watt hps for and an entire closet to grow it in. That light could easily support 6 plants that would end up supplying me with over an oz(up to 3 or even 4 oz) of bud per plant. True I only have one plant under it now but that plant will most likely be a high yielder because I can spread out the plant to make it take up all of the usable lighting.

However, when I have more room I will not be growing in soil anymore unless I grow outdoors. I can easily adapt all the parts from my current hydro system, and maybe another $40 at home depot, and have a much larger setup that will support a constant supply of beautiful homegrown bud. The hydro system in my opinion is soooo much easier than soil once it's up and running. And the parts for it are pretty cheap. And from what I hear you end up saving 2-3 weeks during the bloom phase with hydro. Faster blooming faster bud in the bowl.

Take it easy and let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for all your help. I watched the Mr Green video twice and he leaves a lot of question marks. He never explains what nutrients to get or specifically what parts. I have no experience with gardening so the hydro still seems intimidating. If I go to home depot or some place and ask about building one will they tell me everything i need to know? Or is that suspicious? Im really looking for a detailed piece by piece manual. How much did your little system run? Im looking to build something just like it.

Back
Top Bottom