Normal yellowing leaves during grow or no?

One thing I realized last night that I did not realize until now. The plant had liquid gold which is 1-1-1 and it got a teaspoon of that 6 days ago. So it was 13 days since it had been given bloom booster and its due for another dose of 4 heaping tablespoons so that yellowing could be just from lack of nutes at this point. So I put the bloom booster (dry amendments) on the plant last night(didnt water it though) and am watering it today. So in a few days I will know if I need to flush or not I guess.

One thing I realized last night that I did not realize until now. The plant had liquid gold which is 1-1-1 and it got a teaspoon of that 6 days ago. So it was 13 days since it had been given bloom booster and its due for another dose of 4 heaping tablespoons so that yellowing could be just from lack of nutes at this point. So I put the bloom booster (dry amendments) on the plant last night(didnt water it though) and am watering it today. So in a few days I will know if I need to flush or not I guess.
That's pretty low NPK ratio for a " bloom booster "

That's pretty low NPK ratio for a " bloom booster "
That is the liquid gold. The liquid gold is bi weekly and so is the bloom booster.

So it got 4 heaping tablespoons today.

Last week it got its liquid gold and just that teaspoin darkened it up because it was lightening up even then.

I gave it Bloom booster the first time and it spilled out of the top when I was moving the plant. It darkened the plant up decently but then the liquid gold helped it but never really got it where it should be

So I'm hoping this dose on time fixes the issue or I will be flushing and starting over with the nutes.

The plant got cold about three weeks ago before bud but not since.

And that cold was at worst 63 degrees for a night or two. But during the day 81 to 84.
It was in my closet. Now it's in the basement
Check the temperature of your basement. I've had similar problems (repeatedly) and it was thte temperature causing the plant to use up it's nitrogen reserves.

I just found new leaves lower starting to change so the progression is consistent.....

I have no clue of course. But maybe to wait a another few days and see if it clears from the newly given bloom booster.

First two photos are of the leaves on the third photo. I'm sure you can see from that where they are on the plant.
This has to be something simple because the signs are clear now. But will the bloom booster fix it. Or a flush?

And how many days after giving it bloom booster would you wait to to flush if things don't start improving?

These are the things I'm curious about. Because for all I know the plant will stop producing hand drop dead by the time I get something figured out.

20240306_193400.jpg

20240306_193403.jpg

20240306_193357.jpg

Seems like there could be several causes rather than a single issue
Cold/wet roots, pot-bound, nutrients - a bit of everything?
The only thing left is to try going back to basics and reset the root zone with a flush with tepid water and maybe a little seaweed/CaMg added - could try a little H2O2 to clean/oxygenate the soil too
Can you raise the ambient temp at all to eliminate that possibility?
Sorry if I've missed what you are feeding her, can you show me a pic of the bottle?

I had a Bruce Banner go completely yellow during flowering no matter what I tried and I've still no idea why, it was only one plant of four - but there was no necrosis 🤔

The only thing left is to try going back to basics and reset the root zone with a flush with tepid water and maybe a little seaweed/CaMg added - could try a little H2O2 to clean/oxygenate the soil too
Sorry if I've missed what you are feeding her, can you show me a pic of the bottle?

I had a Bruce Banner go completely yellow during flowering no matter what I tried and I've still no idea why, it was only one plant of four - but there was no necrosis 🤔
So everyone knows....the photos in this post and this post is about an old grow. I will make another post to respond to the rest of Roy's comment....

In my last grow I had two blueberry pancakes plants and one was red while the other was yellow. The yellow one produced exactly the same weight as the red one and the yellow one had way more trichomes on it. They smelled identical.

Lemme see if I can find photos of both .....

I know it doesn't look like they have the same yeild. But they did have nearly identical yeilds. And they were both excellent. I still have both. I separated them. But if they were all in the same jar you could tell which buds came from which plant.
The yellow plant was so flexible I could bend the stems all the way down. If I tried that with the red plant it would have snapped.

The yellow plant was stunted four times when it was in veg. Walking in the door with it while it had just sprouted I had it leaning inside of a planter holding three other plants and tripped. The cup went flying and the little tiny seedling with a 3/4 root on it went flying too. Laying on the floor I looked at it and said," welp ..I bet it lives...but will forever now be known as the retard."

So I put it back in the cup and it kept going. You could see every bit of the seedling.

Then it was broken on the main stem from a fall and I tapped it back together and it just kept going. A big knot formed in that spot but it just kept going. I can't get what the other two stunts were but it got beat up. Then when the trichomes states developing.....it looked like someone wet the edges of leaves and then built up sugar all over them to the pint of looking like the edge of a margarita. It was unreal how many trichs were on that plant.

20231207_194403.jpg

20231207_194417.jpg

I agree I probably needed to flush it. And that it's probably a little of most of what you suggested.

My mistake was not flushing it before the first dose of bloom booster. I meant to but then didn't do it and then spilled the amendments out the top of the bucket like an idiot.

All Dr earth dry amendments. They are non solubles so they leach slowly. So you top dress and then water. Thing is....it's dry and a bit hydrophobic until you get it saturated. Well...it also floats.

I was just dumping an inch of water in the bucket and then watching it go down.
But it was going down slow this time. So I walked out of the room for a moment and came back it. When I did I went to move the plant from the large run off tray I have for emptying runoff trays back to its run off tray I leaned the plant and all the water and amendments poured onto the floor. So I added one tablespoon (I'm sure I lost more than that on the floor) and let it go.

It yellowed a bit by a weeks time all over the plant and then the liquid gold (a wet 1-1-1 amendment for between weeks you dont give it the larger dry amendments dose) and the plant darkened up.

Then I get three days from needing another dose of bloom booster and this time leaves started yellowing overnight.

Yes I should have flushed it.

but my question now is.....since I just gave it Bloom booster(4 heaping tablespoons) and it was due for it.....I shouldn't flush it now should I?
I should give it at least a few days to see if it comes around from the amendments? I mean ..there is no way to know if it was short or not after spilling it out the top two weeks ago on first dose

I can see the logic of waiting a few days to see if there is any improvement, yes
Maybe a bottle fast-acting liquid nutrients 3-5-5 or similar would be handy
I just realized.....my plant is actually 64 days old. It's life is supposed to be 60 to 70 days from seed to harvest.
So my plant had no major issues until it really needed to be healthy and then it went to shit and stunted much of the plant.

If you saw the yeilds where the leaves are dark versus where they are light you would know what I mean when I say this issue affected yeild.

What is odd is my roommates plant is already 74 days old and it seems to gain girth every day and has so many white hairs on it still I don't think it's near done. No amber trichomes anywhere.

But his plant is dark green and super healthy looking. But has no smell. Makes no sense either. I made a thread about that too.

I just realized.....my plant is actually 64 days old. It's life is supposed to be 60 to 70 days from seed to harvest.
So my plant had no major issues until it really needed to be healthy and then it went to shit and stunted much of the plant.

If you saw the yeilds where the leaves are dark versus where they are light you would know what I mean when I say this issue affected yeild.

What is odd is my roommates plant is already 74 days old and it seems to gain girth every day and has so many white hairs on it still I don't think it's near done. No amber trichomes anywhere.

But his plant is dark green and super healthy looking. But has no smell. Makes no sense either. I made a thread about that too.
Could be that the issues are causing your plant to finish faster, thus drawing much more from the leaves now
Your mate's plant may well do the exact same thing when it's closer to finishing

Will giving my plant a dose of peroxide cause it to mess up terpenes or is that not a thing?

I would like at least a chance to fatten the buds up if it is close to finished.

I pulled off the yellowed leaves just to see where it's moving to. And so far it may be darkening but the yellowing is still occuring in the section it was and I'm not sure if it will recover. It does have stunted yeilds in that area. Just a bit. More so in some places than others. But none of those buds are like the outside dark leaf buds. There are about four nodes that are dark and gaining good girth. But the lighter ones don't fill in and have small nuggets on them instead of one long joined cola.
A little upsetting to not have all thosw colas but they could still show up. If I make the right moves.

So I saw so many fungus gnats that I decided to water the plant today using 15ml of peroxide. It was said that it would kill them and obviously been oil isn't working fast enough. So they have to die.

But if it's not clearing by another day or so I think I will either give it a big flush or peroxide it like 1 pint to a gallon on next water. Definitely kills the bugs. I just don't know how good something like that would be for this plant at this stage.

But the yellowing section can be seen clearly from all these different angles on the same plant.

The yellow area you see in the middle is really that much lighter than the very far left and very far right side of the plant. In most photos. Some photos show the darker areas up and down oriented in the photos.

20240307_192256.jpg

20240307_192230.jpg

20240307_192228.jpg

20240307_192216.jpg

20240307_192212.jpg

20240307_192142.jpg

20240307_192124.jpg

20240307_192113.jpg

20240307_192106.jpg

Seems the plant is slowly coming back to green. From Bloom booster. I just hope it was enough.

Thinking back i went light on all purpose dry amendments from Dr earth as well.
That is probably why I never got rid of this light area completely. Though it darkened a bit a few weeks ago it never got fully dark. ..

And I finally caught my roommate giving his plant doses of liquid gold a few times a week until it was dark. Then acted like he didn't give it anythjng but the bottle was half empty and I know what I used out of it.

But I caught him lying to me. I asked him many times is he dosing his plant with liquid gold instead of the dry amendments? And he said no. Every time.

I told him I know he is because the bottle shouldn't be half empty from 8 plants if you gave each a teaspoon biweekly through their entire grow. Yet there it was half empty and my roommate saying he don't know why his plant is so dark and tried to blame it on giving it a little compost from a compost pile that is nowhere near ready as it's only three months old.

Then I found a hidden water bottle full of liquid gold mixed with water. I asked him again and he said no he hasn't. Then when I said....I saw the bottle ....he went quiet on me.

So that explains why his plant is so dark.

All should turn out well with this plant now that I'm not being lied to. Lying is so screwed up. So...he thought I would've been angry that he used more than he should have? That is silly
It's a 17 dollar bottle of nutrients. I wouldnt have cared if he used it all. So I don't get the not telling me.

20240309_114715.jpg

That explains a lot, the lying little turd
Great to see your plant is picking up
:thumb:
Question. ....if that plant darkened a bit but is still lighter through parts of the plant and it's been at least 5 days since giving the bloom booster....would you say it needs a flush or just more nutes?

No more yellow leaves. I pulled them to see if anymore would fast yellow and not in three days and they yellowed over night. But the plant is still light green except some colas toward the outside corners.

I want it darkened up. I guess I didn't give it enough nutes throughout the grow since it called for 4 tablespoons each time and I only gave it two through flower start and then spilled the nutes out on the first bloom booster. then only gave it a teaspoon of liquid gold 1-1-1 nutes and then finally it got the full 4 tablespoons of bloom booster which I believe is 3-9-4.
Then I gave it a teaspoon of liquid gold on top of the bloom booster and though it did darken up a bit....it's nowhere near as dark as the end colas. Most of the plant is lighter than it would be.
Which way would you go with this?
I am ready to flush and try again but it also still has way more brown hairs than the plant which is ten days older. It doesn't appear to be finishing yet as far as dropping leaves. Those leaves that yellowed heavily were from a lack of nutes I believe.

It appears the lighter colas are much smaller than the darker ones.

20240310_141339.jpg

20240310_141332.jpg

20240310_141316.jpg

20240310_141301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom