Normal yellowing leaves during grow or no?

Step back, take a break, it isn't ruined, you've got weeks to go.
Oh it is absolutely ruined.

Went from smelling strong for weeks to smelling like a fucking fern.

It is already 20 some days past the seed cos time and the buds were getting close to finished and hairs were about 60 40 and now are like 50/50. It appeared near done at the top now it's got white shit all over it that smells like bullshit. And so do the buds all smell like bullshit. Waste of time.
Chill dude
No chillin here. It went from the best smell of lemom haze to shit. Smelled great for weeks.

Now it smells like the average bullshit plant growing in the woods.

And what the fuck did I learn? That growing for myself is a waste of my time. Because the shit goes bad for dumb ass reasons.

I also already cut the top off. Because I'm not losing that to this shit. Fox tailing is nothing but a bunch of who the fuck knows but not a bit of it has thrichomes on it.

I read articles that it weakens the strength of the buds too.... well no shit. . So it's a waste of time

Seriously ...how can a plant that has all that bullshit growing on it finish correctly in weeks?
No way. It's been over a week and not one bit of that growth grew anything worthy of harvest. And it just keeps covering up the already too dark buds.

New shit growing out the top and sides of every bud.

My roommates plant....same strain did none of that. The buds fattened up they didn't grow new arms and bullshit stems and leaves that look like a fucking fern.

I cut everything that resembled a fox tail off and cut the entire center of the plant off. Because four of the buds were near finished and the center bud was just growing a bunch of bullshit.

So now it's got buds opened up to air and light on top because they all did this shit.

So I flushed it and I am done with giving this plant nutrients. It can finish with water if at all.

This is without question my last time doing this. It's just too much of a waste too frustrating and I am tired of learning by fuck up.

Simple question.....does this look like it can last weeks to you? Because that is what most of the buds look like at the top and the bottom buds look unfinished.
The plant has refused to fatten anything and just keeps growing extra heads and arms.

Edit ...adding a photo of the bottom bullshit. That never filled out and there are hundreds of this shit that is nothing but white hairs and leaves shaped like a bud that does nothing. All the while Instead of finishing the plants existing buds it decides to grow new fern leaves and who in the hell knows what else.
20240330_170623.jpg

20240330_171604.jpg

It can finish with no top bud. And If in a week it still smells like it does today I will trash the rest of this.

I don't see any other choice because I won't touch it when it's finished smelling like it does right now.

20240330_174422.jpg

It can finish with no top bud. And If in a week it still smells like it does today I will trash the rest of this.

I don't see any other choice because I won't touch it when it's finished smelling like it does right now.
You really can't judge until its dried and cured properly !

What is the wattage of your light ?

How high is it from the top buds ?

Seed estimates are notorious for being off, sometimes by a mile ;)

And foxtails are just more bud !

Link to drying/curing in my signature...

Hang in there,

Cheers

@Chuckeye
They are obscenely way off. Even for a standard plant. I had a standard plant and the one this post was made for .... That plant probably could have been left to mature even more but we put it in cool dark isolation for the medium to dry out before harvest. It seemed to make the plants smell go way up.
It's buds are huge so I'm sure it's going to be a nightmare dry and cure. I will be following your guide.

I think the seed cos should describe this better. It makes people think their plant has issues when it doesn't. And that bothers me because my plant was 20 days or so past its finish date and it still looks like it needs at least two weeks if not much more time. This may be a 120 plant

I did flush the plant after I cut the top off. Now I can get the plants bottom buds closer to the light without murdering the top with excess light.

Two days later and the plant is still heavy from the flush. So I won't water till tomorrow and now the plant has very little nutrients in it. And I fear giving it nitrogen at all.

The first photo there are two plants in the photo.
Because I did the same thing to the other plant in the photo ...meaning gave it too much nitrogen as well... I flushed it yesterday. But it's doing fine and the lower leaves started to yellow again the very morning after the flush.

That did this plant well and I think because though I had given it the same amount of nutes as the lemon haze
..being in a 7 gal pot may have saved this plant from the same fate of Fox tailing and purple leaf edges like what happened to the lemon haze auto.

The other photos in this post are of my other plant. The first photo is what's left of the lemon haze and the other plant. The mixed strain plant...bluebery pancakes and pistachio auto mixed. Which I would say Is the best smelling plant I've ever had. Its buds are enormous. And getting visibly larger daily.

20240401_121526.jpg

20240401_121610.jpg

20240401_121543.jpg

20240401_121557.jpg

20240401_121419.jpg

@Chuckeye

Two days later and the plant is still heavy from the flush. So I won't water till tomorrow and now the plant has very little nutrients in it. And I fear giving it nitrogen at all.
When I do a 3x flush, the first two are water only, the third is with nutrients...
The first photo there are two plants in the photo.
Because I did the same thing to the other plant in the photo ...meaning gave it too much nitrogen as well... I flushed it yesterday. But it's doing fine and the lower leaves started to yellow again the very morning after the flush.
See above...
That did this plant well and I think because though I had given it the same amount of nutes as the lemon haze
..being in a 7 gal pot may have saved this plant from the same fate of Fox tailing and purple leaf edges like what happened to the lemon haze auto.
Foxtailing can be caused by a variety of things. Heat, light, stress or you just have a strain that is naturally prone to it...

+120 days autos are not unusual, been there, done that ;)

Cheers

This is not the same plant. But anybody know what this is?

You can see it growing out the side of the bud. So I got shots of them with 500x scope.

What on earth is this and why would it grow after a flush?

I'm telling you the weird stuff that happens during a grow is constant it seems.

It looks like it's growing micro yellow green tongues that you can see with the naked eye even if your eyes are horrible like mine.

20240402_134048.jpg

2024_04_02_13_40_15_329.png

2024_04_02_13_40_15_193.png

2024_04_02_13_40_02_662.png

Thats a nanner. Plant hermied. I'd still run it. A lot of others would kill it.

If you weren't this far along, it could be detrimental. But like I said. I'd still run it. To much time and effort to just kill it

If just a few you could try plucking them out with tweezers but be sure not to bump them around to spread the pollen.

If you weren't this far along, it could be detrimental. But like I said. I'd still run it. To much time and effort to just kill it

If just a few you could try plucking them out with tweezers but be sure not to bump them around to spread the pollen.
That may be too late. But I think it's already growing seeds.

The question is....is this thing ready to harvest now? Is it in the window?

These are all from various buds.
I don't want to kill the plant because the buds are like over two and a half inches in diameter and appear almost finished within a week or two.

So will this seed up the entire buds or just on new growth?

I only see it on two buds so far.

20240402_134441.jpg

2024_04_02_13_39_16_382.png

2024_04_02_13_38_50_881.png

2024_04_02_13_35_35_272.png

2024_04_02_13_38_06_870.png

2024_04_02_13_35_42_011.png

I just cut that bud off. I think it causes seeds to grow on top a bud already. But it appears to be one or two that have Hermies growing on them.

But seeds only appears so far to be one. But I need to inspect it better.

Another thing is ...it's sitting right next to my lemon haze auto.

The plant is only two weeks from the time I harvested the mother plant and it is great. Everyone loves that bud. But two weeks early wouldn't be so bad since I think the mother plant has too much couch lock affect. But this is another strain than the mother because it has bluebery pancakes mixed in with it.

Im wondering if this makes all the buds fill with seeds this late or does it mean I will get a few seeds here and there? And will it affect my lemon haze that still has weeks to go?

20240402_135652.jpg

20240402_134441.jpg

I don't even look at trichs until all hairs are crinkling inwards and orange/brown.

Be sure your not look at trichomes on the leaf itself, as they mature faster. I personally don't mind a seed or few. Keeps my mysterious grows going on.

A hermie can always spread enough pollen to herm others.

You are close, but I wouldn't cut it down prematurely.

If you got another area to move it, it wouldn't be a bad idea just so you don't have to worry about other plants.

Do you know what caused herms? Having any light issues? Are you taking pictures of them in the dark? Are they good genetics? I'm sorry to ask such lame questions. Just trying to see if you have an idea what brought out the nanners.

I don't even look at trichs until all hairs are crinkling inwards and orange/brown.

Be sure your not look at trichomes on the leaf itself, as they mature faster. I personally don't mind a seed or few. Keeps my mysterious grows going on.

A hermie can always spread enough pollen to herm others.

You are close, but I wouldn't cut it down prematurely.

If you got another area to move it, it wouldn't be a bad idea just so you don't have to worry about other plants.

Do you know what caused herms? Having any light issues? Are you taking pictures of them in the dark? Are they good genetics? I'm sorry to ask such lame questions. Just trying to see if you have an idea what brought out the nanners.
Oh I'm sure I did it. Over nitrogen. I stupidly kept giving it worm casting tea when I watered it. I stopped weeks ago. But I did it obviously enough to cause this crap. A couple days ago I wanted to flush it but didn't have the time then and had to wait until yesterday. Obviously it was a few days too late.

I don't mind the seeds either. As long as it doesn't overtake all these buds. They're huge.

Back
Top Bottom