OldMacDonald's White Cookies Grow Journal - 2017

OldMacDonald

Come follow my progress from the very start.

Strain: White Cookies
Flowering Time: 9 Weeks
Indica/Sativa: 60% Indica
Effect: Indica Body Rush
THC%: 19.25%
Genetics: White Widow X Girl Scout Cookies

Marijuana Seeds Canada - Buy White Cookies Feminized Seeds

I have a pretty short and broad grow closet, which should be excellent for a SOG. First I am growing a mother from which to take clones.

IMG_20171226_145918309_HDR.jpg

I'm a relative noob, having only done one grow years ago. Despite my low budget and Frankensteiny setup, I got three nice healthy girls with roughly two pounds, pre-dry. (I had to unload the whole grow fast, long story)

I'd like to recruit some mentor buddy grow pals, so I'll ask questions here as I go.

Right now I have four little 1600 lumen 5000K cfls for my single seedling. I'm going to add another, once it sprouts. Will this basic lighting work for a few weeks of the seedling phase. I have a bunch more bulbs but don't want to roast my babies.

I know I need a fan asap. I'm keeping the door open for circulation ATM. It's hovering around 35 humidity and 75 degrees.

The plastic wrap, well pierced, is to provide a little protection and humidity regulation.

Next seed is pooping out a white turtle of rooty goodness. Time to dip in the stinky brown cup house.

IMG_20171227_040349737_2.jpg

Question... Is my grow medium considered soil, as in organic grow, or inert, as in hydro? I think it's all vermiculite and spagnam and perlite, which I've seen many times in reference to hydroponics, with all nutrition from added solutions.

Here's the description:

IMG_20171227_050240772_2.jpg

In my previous grow, I started with this but added all sorts of organic matter like compost, bone meal, guano etc., So definitely a "soil".

What do you recommend for the media and my ladies grow up? I was thinking more organicy for the mother but later hydro for SOG or SCROG clones.

My main limitation is that my grow closet is like 29 inches tall, hence the need for very low and bushy.

Later I may need to keep a mother in a different place, letting it stay in veg indefinitely in a higher closet with white light for occasional clone clipping.

I may just be taking to myself, but that's ok :)

Here is a shot of my cubby, closed.

Inside, you see I have four small 5000k cfls and two bigger 2700k cfls, in one hanging power strip. It ain't rocket surgery!

The little seedlings are looking happy.

Just watered with several ounces. I know I need to be careful about over-watering seedlings, especially in large pots.

Should I leave them alone for a few days? Gently mist with a spray bottle occasionally?

I also read that jiffy pots can become tangled with roots and make transplanting difficult. Can I wait until the 2nd or 3rd node to transplant?
7b39c1576544d748ee89830ee68605be.jpg

When I water I just look at the top if the top soil is moist then u don't need to water much. U can also poke you pinky in the soil to check and see if u need to add water. And less water let's ur root grow faster to find more water. And the pots? I never use those b4 so that's up to u. U can probably wait node or two like you said. Good luck bud! And advice I give is my thoughts I'm no expert grow. Lol

Getting bigger.

I'm having some trouble regulating the temperature and humidity. Until I'm ready for flowering, I'll hold off on drilling any strange holes in my rental house. Instead, I'll do venting the old fashioned way: opening and closing the door. However...

When I close the cabinet, it gets very hot. When I leave it open, it gets very dry.

I ordered some ducting but not sure what will be my ultimate solution. I'm trying to keep things as small and stealthy as possible.

Back
Top Bottom