White Cookies - Drip Irrigation - DIY Citi Cobs - SCROG

50?

6 chips or 9...not a big cost difference up front when you have to buy 2 drivers anyway.

~100 bucks more if you buy active sinks.

But more par per watt... Lower wattage for same results... less heat.

You can go cheaper on just 4, yeah, but then its not more efficient then a good HPS or other tech bulbs, right?

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

Well led or hps watts are watts.. upfront cost is also important to me, I don't need to grow 20 pounds a year. Just enough for my own medicine. Why led? I don't know, I keep reading that you can get good yield per $ spent on electricity. I was thinking like 3 Cobs running at 100 watts a piece. Even if I only yield 1/2 or 1/3 of what is considered normal for led it would be enough meds to keep me going until the next ones grow out.

Well led or hps watts are watts.. upfront cost is also important to me, I don't need to grow 20 pounds a year. Just enough for my own medicine. Why led? I don't know, I keep reading that you can get good yield per $ spent on electricity.

How should you be able to grow more per watt when watts are watts anyway? There is the failure... Its not like that.

The benefits of LED is less heatwatts more parwatts...but only when driven not too hard...

Means more COBs... More upfront cost. 100W per chip comes to a point where you wont get more light per watt then hps or less heat then hps... Yeah... Where a cooltubed 400W hps puts out less heat in the growroom then 4x100W COBs.

But even when you destroy efficiency like that the benefits of LED are still safety and spread... But for top dollar

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

I am still not shure how far i can go, but i guess i am killing it with almost 55w/sft right now. But not all the light hits the plants so i have some loss on the edges.

the buds are loving the 80-110K lux i get on the plants and keep on growing and growing. Max i can provide is 68W sqft for my 6,5sqft...... But i guess thats really too much :)

Well after a trip on the road I ran into another issue.

Eventually I will get this down.

Clogged emitter!

My PK looks like poopy!

420-magazine-mobile1796019967.jpg

Top left.

The others are doing fantastic.

I pulled my emitters and removed all 4.

Rand 20l of hot water through lines into a tub.

Installed a T on each line.

Now I have 2 emitters per plant. This way at least only 1 should fail if they fail again.

Ran a test.

420-magazine-mobile1236145177.jpg

And all jars equal after 5mins.

So the others are doing great and I'm sure the PK will bounce back.

420-magazine-mobile1131262436.jpg

Should get exciting soon!

Crop King White Cookies - Drip Irrigation - DIY Citi Cobs - SCROG

Yo Sleepless! Top notch gardening here, the girls are just massive. I wonder how the nugs are gonna be, yay!

To chime in your debate, I got one 1825 for 36$ a piece. Shipping was 36$ too, but super fast, no taxes the 250$ COBs were listed for 12$. I'm saving up for the power source. My recommendation is one driver for one COB, but that costs moneys yes? The usual price for home build is like one dollar per watt, more if you go one driver for one LED. Let's say that 80W per chip is good balance of efficient and powerful. But then the 1825 at 100W is as efficient as new Vero at 75W (4000K). At 60W+ those chips are worth it. Not much difference at 50W. I'll get my 600W light for 530$, but I have a great deal on the power source and heatsinks. Active cooling, with UVB bulb. The basic plan. Remember, that you can always upgrade your fixture. I think even 200W can make you some nice nugs. Heck, get powerful dimmable power source, decent cooling and two 1825s and start rocking. Veg under CFL. Tada, upgrade forever. Just my 2 cents. Cheers brothers! :thanks: :love: :Namaste:

Yo Sleepless! Top notch gardening here, the girls are just massive. I wonder how the nugs are gonna be, yay!

To chime in your debate, I got one 1825 for 36$ a piece. Shipping was 36$ too, but super fast, no taxes the 250$ COBs were listed for 12$. I'm saving up for the power source. My recommendation is one driver for one COB, but that costs moneys yes? The usual price for home build is like one dollar per watt, more if you go one driver for one LED. Let's say that 80W per chip is good balance of efficient and powerful. But then the 1825 at 100W is as efficient as new Vero at 75W (4000K). At 60W+ those chips are worth it. Not much difference at 50W. I'll get my 600W light for 530$, but I have a great deal on the power source and heatsinks. Active cooling, with UVB bulb. The basic plan. Remember, that you can always upgrade your fixture. I think even 200W can make you some nice nugs. Heck, get powerful dimmable power source, decent cooling and two 1825s and start rocking. Veg under CFL. Tada, upgrade forever. Just my 2 cents. Cheers brothers! :thanks: :love: :Namaste:
Thanks Tomula.

Nice thing about cobs is you build to suit your needs and your budget.

Good luck!

Ladies are looking fine.

Pk has same look as before but finishes nicely in the end.

420-magazine-mobile1802636515.jpg

Black is coming along nicely

420-magazine-mobile2124810202.jpg

The twins are looking fine but not quite as far along

420-magazine-mobile232793452.jpg

Pk a few weeks slower.

Can't wait!

Black smells so nice.

420-magazine-mobile1831177971.jpg

Feed tonight - might bump up to 900ppm.

Thanks Tomula.

Nice thing about cobs is you build to suit your needs and your budget.

Good luck!

Yes, you can really play with them. I see you are ready for some serious frosting :)

I've been pretty busy and haven't been on here.

What happened?
I went out of the house for 8 days mid Feb and due several circumstances my plants went from this to a crispy desert landscape when i came back home. They bounced back somehow. At least i thought but 3 of 5 must've had serious root burn and got slow n sick a few weeks later so i had to pull a 10 weeks strain at week 6 before some mold or bugs was snacking on the weak plants. All plants lost about 60 percent or more of their foliage within only 4 days and now i have leafy buds. But i am happy to have some buds at all and i think i will pull some ounces from the 2 strong Nebulas that survived and fully recovered. Nebula is a quite heat resistant oldschool strain from the 90s. I will update pictures tomorrow morning when i get up, which is in about 12 hours. You can drop in if you want. I am really curious about the Nebula. . .

Well it has been 12 days and things are cooking along.

Everything is being hand fed now that nutrient requirements differ.

I mix my base then add tonofbud or budstart depending on strain.

Next they will get bud boom.

I listened to a growmau5 stream on the weekend in which they made their own nutes

Think I may go that route.

Anyway here is an update.

Flower Day 27

Blacky looks fantastic.(8 week)

I'm in love with this plant.

420-magazine-mobile1098107731.jpg

My twins are well.(8-10 week)

The one in back right is just blowing away all of the other plants.

Leaves are always cupped up towards the light.

420-magazine-mobile1898752191.jpg

420-magazine-mobile831495297.jpg

Pk (10 weeks)

420-magazine-mobile137574608.jpg

Things are doing very well.

420-magazine-mobile1982904533.jpg

Getting pretty smelly!

420-magazine-mobile1830440486.jpg

And they less are on their final push.

420-magazine-mobile782973960.jpg

These 4 cobs are amazing.

I could run more drivers and cobs and double my cost but the efficiency gains aren't worth the i nvestments.

So here is proof that city 1825s can rock a 3x3 using just 4 cobs.

I bet my money on low phosphorus, maybe adjust to the perfect PH for P and see what happens. Mine was doing it but i havent got it under control, fading to yellow after a while but she is doing good anyway. Had some crappy soil and PH problems this round

Looking very nice. Cant wait to see what they do with these flowers. I will keep that 1825 in mind and recommend 4@80W each for a 80x80cm tent a friend of mine wants to fire up.

Heres a lil view at my last survivor a couple of days ago
SeymoreNugget - Paradise Seeds - Nebula - Mother Plant - 10 weeks into flower - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom