Back At Square One

Drstickey

As my stash is starting to dwindle its time to get back up and growing again. This will be a repeat of varieties I have grown previously and I'm curious to see if I get the same phenotypes.

What I'm growing...

Blueberry auto, last time I was very happy with this strain. Had a great Blueberry scent and decent yield.

Acapulco gold, very happy with it last time. Excellent yield and great taste. I should have kept some clones going of this one...

Grape ape, well this was an odd one. Very little leaves on the plant and produced rock hard pop corn buds that required no trimming. Yield was moderate but had great flavor so I'm really curios to see if I get the same this go round, or if it was just a fluke.

Gelato, this miserable puke... what can I say... it was a runt that auto'ed out on me last time at 6" tall. It was supposed to be a photo period...

Grow is starting out in a 4'x2' running a marshydro tsl 2000 and in recycled fox farm soil..
20210821_183953.jpg

Blueberry ...
20210821_183910.jpg

Gelato...
20210821_183834.jpg

Grape ape...
20210821_183905.jpg

As my stash is starting to dwindle its time to get back up and growing again. This will be a repeat of varieties I have grown previously and I'm curious to see if I get the same phenotypes.

What I'm growing...

Blueberry auto, last time I was very happy with this strain. Had a great Blueberry scent and decent yield.

Acapulco gold, very happy with it last time. Excellent yield and great taste. I should have kept some clones going of this one...

Grape ape, well this was an odd one. Very little leaves on the plant and produced rock hard pop corn buds that required no trimming. Yield was moderate but had great flavor so I'm really curios to see if I get the same this go round, or if it was just a fluke.

Gelato, this miserable puke... what can I say... it was a runt that auto'ed out on me last time at 6" tall. It was supposed to be a photo period...

Grow is starting out in a 4'x2' running a marshydro tsl 2000 and in recycled fox farm soil..
20210821_183953.jpg

Blueberry ...
20210821_183910.jpg

Gelato...
20210821_183834.jpg

Grape ape...
20210821_183905.jpg
Off to see the wizard

The Blueberry auto is now 16 days since I popped the seed in soil and the others are 9 days since dropped in soil. I'll probably give the BB its first shot of nutes this weekend.
Ordered a few more beans and expect to have them on Monday. Pretty good line up I think, have Northern lights, Jack Herror, Maui wowie, and blue dream coming :)
20210826_125720.jpg

20210826_125716.jpg

20210826_125710.jpg

Blueberry auto 19 days from seed... she's growing quick:)
Was going to give her some nutes this morning but decided to wait a few more days.
20210829_125111.jpg

The others are 12 days from seed and should start taking off this week...
My seeds from 420 also showed up and I'll be starting them soon in another journal

The Blueberry has really taken off since my last post. I bet she will start to flower in about 2 more weeks.
20210908_112302.jpg

Then the others... I'll be letting them grow out for awile, then take some clones to grow out and flower. That way if I hit some awesome terpenes I can keep them going.
20210908_112328.jpg

20210908_112311.jpg

20210908_112308.jpg

Hi Mate - nice plants
Couldn't help but notice that the 5th pic a lot like the LSD I have in flower
Lots of branching and loads of bud sites, all sticking out on their own little stems
Once they start to fill out they get really fat and begin to look like one huge cola
On another note, I have tried Gelato twice and they were both tossed within a few weeks

Been awile, good news is Blueberry is full on flower. Bad news is the Gelato autoed out on me again, and so did the grape ape.
The Acapulco gold doesn't look like the last one either... I think someone was just tossing pollen and not doing a thing for the genetics.
Well here's some eye candy for anyone watching.....
20210919_124114.jpg

20210919_124123.jpg

20210919_124128.jpg

I'm fairly new and haven't grown autos, what does "autoed out" mean?

On context I'm thinking either they didn't auto or they did too early?

When a photoperiod plant decides to flower when under 18/6 lighting....

Thank you!

Followup question, does this mean someone is lying about the genetics or is it a possibility for any photo's to "decide" to flower? Is it caused by a stress factor?

edit: BTW, your girls look absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful green colors, they look extremely happy, great work!

Thank you!

Followup question, does this mean someone is lying about the genetics or is it a possibility for any photo's to "decide" to flower? Is it caused by a stress factor?

edit: BTW, your girls look absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful green colors, they look extremely happy, great work!

It is possible to stress a plant out to a point where it feels it needs to flower. But I have grown the Gelato previously and had similar results, and other seeds I have from the same source have had some extreme swings in phenotypes. So.... my conclusion is...
"Pollen chucker!"

Weekly report..
Blueberry is not even close to finishing, so I'm guessing 4 more weeks on it.
Grape ape and Gelato are getting close, so maybe 2 weeks on them..
Acapulco gold got scrogged today ... and a top chop. Will switch it to flower in another week or so... maybe??
20211017_122701.jpg

20211017_122710.jpg

20211017_132320.jpg

Happy Sunday
Getting closer, but still not quite ready.
Blueberry has started feeding off her leaves, when they are about 50% yellow I pluck them off. I held back her water for a bit too, tricrome production just isn't as high as I would like to see it at this stage, but man she smells great!
20211024_114118.jpg

Grape ape and Gelato look good and will be finishing soon, maybe one more week on them.
20211024_114124.jpg

Acapulco gold, I flipped her this week, so in about 10 weeks.... yummy ! Lol
20211024_114145.jpg

Blueberry tricrome pic
20211022_133049.jpg

Grape ape tricrome pic
20211022_133031.jpg

Nice! Love the Blueberry. Big fan one of my very 1st grows.

Funny your stash ran low. That’s why I started growing again. I had perpetual grow going for 14 years. I sold my house moved to a new area and after 3 years got down to a 1 gallon stash of TrainWreck. I was really getting sick of it too so I bought a tent a LED light setup, some auto seeds and here I am.

Nice! Love the Blueberry. Big fan one of my very 1st grows.

Funny your stash ran low. That’s why I started growing again. I had perpetual grow going for 14 years. I sold my house moved to a new area and after 3 years got down to a 1 gallon stash of TrainWreck. I was really getting sick of it too so I bought a tent a LED light setup, some auto seeds and here I am.

Good to see you Nev,
I've grown off an on for about 35 years as needed. Man it's so much easier now a days.
I remember sorting through a 35 mm film canister looking for different seeds, then starting about 20 of them just to get down to a couple good females. Back then there was only two types af weed available, Mexican brick, and "the good stuff" lol...
Now a days it's like going to the store and picking out a bottle of dry wine, just add water and soil plus I don't have to worry about helicopters flying over the house anymore..

Back
Top Bottom