Meffa's Fall 2022 Organic Soil 5-Way Variety

Meffa, why the lines from the top of ur tent? Like u, I use pipe cleaners to train my plants to keep the girls evenly spaced across the netting equidistant from the LEDz.

To ur watering discussion; check out the link below. It discusses research that seems to indicate that a lack of water at a specific period of the bloom cycle promotes greater production and potency of trichomes.

Meffa, why the lines from the top of ur tent? Like u, I use pipe cleaners to train my plants to keep the girls evenly spaced across the netting equidistant from the LEDz.

To ur watering discussion; check out the link below. It discusses research that seems to indicate that a lack of water at a specific period of the bloom cycle promotes greater production and potency of trichomes.

Hi Parnelli. The lines from the top of the tent are yo-yo's to hold up the branches that were tipping over.

Thanks for the watering link, I'll check that out!

Way cool! I've never had buds that were so heavy that they were tipping over :thumb:
The shorter stockier plants don't tip as much, but the plants that are taller tend to. Sometimes I'll use them on branches that aren't quite tipped all the way over too to keep them pointed in the right direction. They're pretty cheap and work very well. 🪀🪀🪀

I read some of that thread and might just try droughting, not sure yet. I'm in the middle of week 7 right now, at least from the flip to 12/12. Have you done this yourself yet?

I just ordered nematodes to help with the root aphids and after I water those in I'll decide. I'm not sure I want to put stress on top of stress (I think). :)

I have tried droughting and at the least it didn't seem to hurt the plants. I pretty much had no choice. Due to a variety of reasons, I have had to leave the plants on automatic for up 18 days. To ensure that the girls don't die I have rigged up a system of watering that uses Blumats (or the generic equivalent). Best I can tell these Blumats hooked up to 59oz H2O keep the girls alive and the droughting starts after about 10 days. Best I can tell the Blumats do not give anywhere near the amount of H2O that I would apply if I were around. They do keep the soil moist for the time that they are able to provide H2O. If around, I usually apply 30 oz H2O 3x per week. One of those watering is a feeding (I'm a cheap SOB and use Miracle-Gro) and like you grow in soil. I've also hooked up the Blumats to a jug of feeding solution in addition to the water. I will be back to see how the girls are doing sometime tomorrow; it will have been 10 days on automatic and I suspect they'll be just fine and begging to be fed and watered. I am only 2 days behind you in the bloom cycle and anticipate a harvest sometime in May. I will soon be leaving the girls for the aforementioned 18-day period whilst I cavort in the music, cuisine, and debauchery of New Orleans for the Jazz & Heritage Festival. Let the droughting begin!

Below is a 2022 picture with Blumats.

2022.7.JPG

I have tried droughting and at the least it didn't seem to hurt the plants. I pretty much had no choice. Due to a variety of reasons, I have had to leave the plants on automatic for up 18 days. To ensure that the girls don't die I have rigged up a system of watering that uses Blumats (or the generic equivalent). Best I can tell these Blumats hooked up to 59oz H2O keep the girls alive and the droughting starts after about 10 days. Best I can tell the Blumats do not give anywhere near the amount of H2O that I would apply if I were around. They do keep the soil moist for the time that they are able to provide H2O. If around, I usually apply 30 oz H2O 3x per week. One of those watering is a feeding (I'm a cheap SOB and use Miracle-Gro) and like you grow in soil. I've also hooked up the Blumats to a jug of feeding solution in addition to the water. I will be back to see how the girls are doing sometime tomorrow; it will have been 10 days on automatic and I suspect they'll be just fine and begging to be fed and watered. I am only 2 days behind you in the bloom cycle and anticipate a harvest sometime in May. I will soon be leaving the girls for the aforementioned 18-day period whilst I cavort in the music, cuisine, and debauchery of New Orleans for the Jazz & Heritage Festival. Let the droughting begin!

Below is a 2022 picture with Blumats.

2022.7.JPG
I almost bought Blumats when I started growing but never did. I might revisit that again for my outdoor garden for when I'm on vaca.

This what the girls look like after 10 days of blumats. Acapulco Gold (AG) on the left; white widow (ww) on the right. The ww got less H2O thru the blumat. Looks a little yellow on some of the leaves. AG got 59oz; ww about 35oz. No feeding for 10 days.

P1110546.JPG
P1110547.JPG
P1110548.JPG
Wow they look really good. When you say no feeding, do you mean just straight water? Is it not recommended to feed when using Blumat's?

Thanks. Not as nice and juicy as yours but nice nonetheless.

The "no feeding" was just not providing the girls any plant food; the Blumats just delivered straight water. As soon as I got home last week I fed and watered them. I'll soon be gone for the 18 day period and will set up a Blumat per plant with a Miracle-Gro/water mixture along with another Blumat per plant with straight water.

Today is Wednesday 03-31-2023 || 80F 38%RH || 52 Days Since 12/12 || 144 Days in soil || 0 Days Since Watering
32 Days Since Top-dress w/GeoFlora Bloom & EWC

I've been slacking on updating and I need to stop doing that, I forget what I did and that's the whole point of a journal! :)

My nematode order got delivered today and not a moment too soon. I was waiting to water the crew and boy were they thirsty! I hit them with about 3/4gl each with Build-a-Bloom, Recharge, fermented peach extract, coconut water to get them all softened up and ready for the nematodes at the mid-watering point to keep them more or less on the top portion to start their attack. The information pack said they "patrol" the top 3" of soil. Whatever it takes! We're heading into the home stretch and even if they don't make a difference in this harvest hopefully they'll eradicate the enemy for the next grow.

We have some taco/alligator leaves going on but they're adding weight and don't seem bothered. They really seem to be coming into their own now.

Dos-Si-Dos xDos with all of the lifelines and Bubba Kush standing proud on her own.
IMG_7805.JPG
IMG_7806.JPG

Bubba Kush :circle-of-love:
IMG_7807.JPG

Dos-Si-Dos
IMG_7808.JPG

God Father OG x2 on the left and OMG on the right with her main colas bent pretty good. I did this well into flower because of height limits, but it didn't seem to care and it really opened up the plant to more light.
IMG_7810.JPG

OMG looking pretty velvety
IMG_7811.JPG

God Father OG looking to fulfill her destiny :Namaste:
IMG_7812.JPG

Super OG's in the hood hanging and banging! These were the gals that had what I think were root aphids and prompted me to get the nematodes. I think I'm going to make nematodes a permanent and regular part of the show for all future grows.
IMG_7813.JPG
IMG_7814.JPG

God Father OG and OMG. Not sure how these pics got out of order but I'm too tired to change them. :)
IMG_7809.JPG

Right through October again! I'm out cutting our pool liner out today. Good day for it!
When you said pool liner it reminded me of when I built my own above ground pool using the design from a company called Pool In A Box! I took their idea of building a pool partially or fully in-ground and beefed it up so it'd withstand the pressure of a live load. It was a fun project and it came out like a piece of furniture, but spending $20k on an above ground pool that you have to build yourself wasn't the smartest financial decision I've ever made! The Pool In A Box company was in the business of selling liners and their build your own pool instructions was a smart idea to help them sell the them. This was at my old house, the new owners cut the pool down. 😭 Have fun replacing your liner!

When you said pool liner it reminded me of when I built my own above ground pool using the design from a company called Pool In A Box! I took their idea of building a pool partially or fully in-ground and beefed it up so it'd withstand the pressure of a live load. It was a fun project and it came out like a piece of furniture, but spending $20k on an above ground pool that you have to build yourself wasn't the smartest financial decision I've ever made! The Pool In A Box company was in the business of selling liners and their build your own pool instructions was a smart idea to help them sell the liners. This was at my old house, the new owners cut the pool down. 😭 Have fun replacing your liner!
That was a cool pool to have! They were good capitalists too! Win Win!
I needed to spray for ants and get a call in to get someone in to do the install. They ate holes in it! Now I wait thankfully!

That was a cool pool to have! They were good capitalists too! Win Win!
I needed to spray for ants and get a call in to get someone in to do the install. They ate holes in it! Now I wait thankfully!
Ants ate through your pool liner? That's crazy! And just like that we're back to more seasonal weather. 😭

Today is Monday 03-31-2023 || 79F 56%RH || 57 Days Since 12/12 || 149 Days in soil || 1 Days Since Watering
37 Days Since Top-dress w/GeoFlora Bloom & EWC

I watered the gang last night and after 8 weeks they're starting to look ready. This time around I just added the remaining fermented peach extract, which wasn't much, and coconut water. There should be plenty of food left in the soil. Leaves are starting to die off on the Super OG's and the Dos-Si-Dos. OMG, Bubba Kush, and the God Father's aren't as much. I didn't take pics this time around but wanted to get my activity down on paper. :)

Today is Monday 04-24-2023 || 78F 48%RH || 64 Days Since 12/12 || 156 Days in soil || 1 Days Since Watering

We're getting there! I chopped the two Super OG's yesterday and tonight I might take one of the Dos-Si-Dos that's dying off pretty good. There's enough amber on the remaining 6 plants but my available time isn't good until next Sunday which will be 10 full weeks! Having lights on at night vs day definitely made life a lot easier and will be my new go-to.

I let them all go 7 days without watering and last night I gave them all a drink of filtered water with coconut water pH'd to 6.2

The Dos-Si-Dos xDos are ready to chop but the one up top is going first. Looks like I have two different phenotypes, top one is green and bottom plants is purple.
:circle-of-love:
IMG_7850.JPG
IMG_7851.JPG
IMG_7852.JPG

The two God Father OG's will be chopped after the Dos-Si-Dos and OMG & Bubba Kush will be last.
IMG_7853.JPG
IMG_7854.JPG
IMG_7855.JPG

The two Super OG's hanging on the rack. Pic came out blurry...... :nerd-with-glasses:
IMG_7856.JPG

Back
Top Bottom