Meffa's Fall 2022 Organic Soil 5-Way Variety

Today is Friday 02-10-2023 || 77F 55%RH || 83 Days in veg || 1 Days Since Watering

Well I figured tonight was the night to put the nets in and try my first scrog! Am I doing it right, or is there really even a wrong way? :) Both sides went on pretty easily overall but a couple of the girls look pretty pissed off right now. I tied a few branches down pretty good and cleaned up some lower growth so they're justified to be angry!

I love having the net to tie off of to guide the plant where I want it. Three plants under 1 square light means you end up with a triangle and the strongest part of the light smack in the middle not being taken advantage of, but with the net in I'm feeling pretty good about the real estate utilization now. I haven't really had to move my plants with prior grows so the tradeoff of better light utilization and not being able to move the plants is a no-brainer. :yahoo:

Two Do-Si-Dos on the bottom and Bubba Kush up top.
IMG_7680.JPG
IMG_7681.JPG

Two God Father OG's left side and solo OMG on the right. She's pissed.
IMG_7682.JPG
IMG_7683.JPG

You got it! Now that you have room to water and do any maintenance below the net, you can get the colas weaved throughout. Patience,
Hi Otter. Thanks for the thumbs-up, my first time out had me second guessing a little! :thanks:

I'm half-way through the book; guess I'm a slower reader than I thought! Still loving every page and I feel like I'm in the book when I'm reading it.

Today is Monday 02-13-2023 || 77F 53%RH || 86 Days in veg || 4 Days Since Watering

The gang is looking good and I'm planning to flip the lights this weekend. I'm going to put them in darkness for 36hrs and have the lights set to 6pm/on 6am/off to help with daytime temps rising over the next 10 weeks. I'm drawing 40 degree air in during the day now and it's keeping temps at 75-78 so overnight temps late late April being around that should have me covered.

Do-Si-Dos xDos and Bubba Kush
IMG_7687.JPG
IMG_7688.JPG

God Father OG x2 and OMG
IMG_7689.JPG
IMG_7690.JPG

Today is Thursday 02-16-2023 || 77F 53%RH || 89 Days in soil || 0 Days Since Watering

These will be the last pics of this girl scout troop in veg; I'm planning to flip the lights tomorrow night. I'm on from 7am-1am and will keep the lights off at 1am tomorrow night and turn them back on Sunday at 6pm and go 6pm to 6am for my on hours That gives us 41 hours of darkness between veg and flower if I counted right.

I just watered everyone and man were they ever thirsty! They went from 3gl to 7gl pots 12 days ago and I wanted them to stretch out as much as possible and fill those pots with strong bud producing roots!

Two nights ago I did one last tie-down for anyone getting too tall and ahead of the rest and they busted right out of the ties by the next day. At this point I'm happy with the evenness of the canopy height, especially since they're mixed strains. The GodFather group ladies are 13" tall and the Do-Si-Dos group is 15" high and they're 90 days in dirt. Mission accomplished keeping them low and I now have a little more than that distance available to raise the lights with the same light spread.

Two Do-Si-Dos on the right and Bubba Kush left center
IMG_7700.JPG
IMG_7701.JPG

Two GodFather OG's on the left and OMG right center. I have a feeling the GodFather's are going to be monsters and bring the weight.
IMG_7702.JPG
IMG_7703.JPG

Cueing flip song from Down Under!👂🎶:love:🎶
I was hesitant to do a major defoliation but you mentioned removing everything below the net (I think!) and I read about removing all lower growth right before the flip, so after my post I went to town! I do love it when they're all cleaned up.
Please tell me I didn't royally screw this up?

IMG_7707.JPG

IMG_7708.JPG

IMG_7709.JPG

IMG_7710.JPG

I raised the lights a couple of inches tonight to see if that helps the taco'ing going on with the Do-Si-Dos. My lights don't have dimmers so I'm relying on hanging height to regulate. Kind of sucks; wish I could lower the intensity. Maybe new lights are in my future? I thought about trying to filter the light with a screen but I don't want to start messing around too much at this point. They've grown about 3" in the last couple of days and that available headroom I was so happy about is quickly getting eaten up!

Maybe new lights are in my future?
The Viparspectra KS5000 looks really tempting....... I wonder what it'd be like removing the existing lights and hanging the KS5000 while there are plants in there? 🤔

Cueing flip song from Down Under!👂🎶:love:🎶
Did someone say Flip Song?!

*taps microphone 🎤 *

Check 1,2. Check, check, check…

In my bestest voice!

🎶 Flippity dooo Dah! Flippity aye!
My oh my you gonna flower for me!
Plenty of sunshine coming your way!
Flippity dooo Dah! Flippity aye! 🎶

Back
Top Bottom