Meffa's Fall 2022 Organic Soil 5-Way Variety

That looks like a perfect clean up Meff! Now they'll focus on the main events of the main cola tops where it really matters. Plus less trimming.
They feel better now they've been sung to too! :)
I'm starting to obsess over the taco leaves and think my lights are just too strong. Doing everything I can to resist ordering two KS5000's! If not now then for next season for sure.

I'm starting to obsess over the taco leaves and think my lights are just too strong. Doing everything I can to resist ordering two KS5000's! If not now then for next season for sure.
Our quest for grow perfection. It’s an inner mantra I know well…

Lolling!

I've been anxiously waiting for the girls to wake after 41hrs of extended sleep between veg and flower and man do they look ready to go! Here they are about 5min after lights on.

Do-Si-Do's and Bubba Kush
IMG_7711.JPG
IMG_7712.JPG

God Father OG's and OMG
IMG_7713.JPG
IMG_7714.JPG

Super OG's starting to join the party. They're really small plants.
IMG_7715.JPG
IMG_7716.JPG

After drying for two weeks the totals are in from the first run. Not too bad, hit my average of 4oz per plant. :cheer:
  1. LA Confidential 101gm
  2. Acapulco Gold 135gm
  3. Girl Scout Cookies 103gm
  4. Gelato 127gm
  5. Grand Daddy Purple 132gm

After drying for two weeks the totals are in from the first run. Not too bad, hit my average of 4oz per plant. :cheer:
  1. LA Confidential 101gm
  2. Acapulco Gold 135gm
  4. Gelato 127gm
Very solid number right there! Its only 2 weeks dry but you smoke a tester yet? How they tasting?

Is there a way to access the drivers on those lights? As much as I'd like to see a new pair of lights in your home, you may be able to adjust them with a tiny screwdriver through holes on top of those drivers.
  1. LA Confidential 101gm
  2. Acapulco Gold 135gm
  4. Gelato 127gm
Sweet harvest Meff!

Very solid number right there! Its only 2 weeks dry but you smoke a tester yet? How they tasting?
I haven't tested yet but am really tempted! Question is do I roll one up or use the vape? Decisions decisions.... :blunt:

Is there a way to access the drivers on those lights? As much as I'd like to see a new pair of lights in your home, you may be able to adjust them with a tiny screwdriver through holes on top of those drivers.

Sweet harvest Meff!
I'd love to be able to do that. They're Blackdog's and everything's in the enclosure and it has one of those warranty void stickers if you open it, which wouldn't stop me if I knew for sure I could do it. I've already prepped the misses that a delivery might be coming!

I've been reading up on taco leaves and the causes and there's a bit about Mag deficiencies. If I knew for sure it was the lights I'd press the order button. :nomo:

HA! I tried the Acapulco Gold in the Mighty about an hour ago, very nice with a fruity strawberry taste. I can't accurately judge the effect though because I had already indulged earlier! It's still a little too fresh to burn one but so far so good!

1. LA Confidential 101gm
  2. Acapulco Gold 135gm
  4. Gelato 127gm
Great job!

I raised the lights a couple of inches tonight to see if that helps the taco'ing going on with the Do-Si-Dos. My lights don't have dimmers so I'm relying on hanging height to regulate. Kind of sucks; wish I could lower the intensity. Maybe new lights are in my future? I thought about trying to filter the light with a screen but I don't want to start messing around too much at this point. They've grown about 3" in the last couple of days and that available headroom I was so happy about is quickly getting eaten up!

by now you should be running the light at 90% or higher, enough that a dimmer won't matter.

you could try running 24 inches above the canopy, as the plants grow up to the 18 inch mark, raise the light back to 24. when they stop stretching, leave it at the 18 inch mark to finish flower.

if this light is working i'd wait on the investment. they won't get more expensive. the tech keeps advancing as well.

only a few drivers are adjustable that way. it will depend on the brand and model. it's possible it has external dimming capability as well, just not connected. i'm adding a dimmer to my nextlight, it's fully set up for it, they just didn't bother to add it.

I'd love to be able to do that. They're Blackdog's and everything's in the enclosure and it has one of those warranty void stickers if you open it, which wouldn't stop me if I knew for sure I could do it. I've already prepped the misses that a delivery might be coming!

how long does the warranty stand ? if they list the driver and type you should be able to pull the specs without opening it up. then you can decide if it's worth it.

a light under warranty you can't use is no good at all.

I've been reading up on taco leaves and the causes and there's a bit about Mag deficiencies.

there's nothing wrong. all indica heavy plants will do that if you have a good environment. it's just your light doing it's job. if they start to twist or curl in permanent is when you need to worry.

Back
Top Bottom