Organic Grow

Time for another update!

Flower plants ended up skipping plain water and I gave them another full strength feed, they were begging for it. Fed them last night

8ml G / 20ml B / 5ml M
4ml Kbud / Dark Matter / Bio Juice
ph 6.3
ppm ~550

Sorry about the quality of the pics, they were taken with my phone this morning, was running short of time.

Flower: You can see the SLH clawing slightly, not showing any def's or anything, kinda stumped here. Wonder woman's are doing amazing though.
09-23-11_006.jpg

09-23-11_007.jpg

The wonder woman is green as ever, not a sign of trouble, loving these nutes.
09-23-11_008.jpg

And check out what the organics are doing to my little ones
same order (top to bottom, left to right): MK, AK, OG18, RR, AI, CH.
My OG has turned completely green and is keeping up the pace with the rest. The master kush has started stretching above the rest, along with the AK.

18 days from when they broke soil
09-23-11_001.jpg

09-23-11_002.jpg

white widow loving her new home. The new tops are shooting up.
09-23-11_003.jpg

Here is one of the SLH clones. They are just eating up these nutes and growing like mad. I topped about 3/5 of them just to keep the canopy as even as I can. Since she gets so lanky, I like having as many tops as possible, seems to yield much better on these sativa dom strains.
09-23-11_004.jpg

check out the node spacing on the roadrunner auto, it's already throwing hairs. I'm going to put her in a 1 gal pot and see what happens. Plant behind it is the OG#18. She looks wonderful.
09-23-11_005.jpg

The widows are almost ready to give a couple of clones. I grew one seed out a while back, and it grew the same as these are, stretchy and lolipop like, took a long time to branch, I actually had to flower as the branches were starting, so this time I'm getting to know her a bit better. I think topping is the way to go with her.

Mycorrhizae is a fungus that forms a symbiotic relationship with plant roots. It grows on the roots and into the root cortex. Basically what it does is it forms many "hyphae" which look kind of like fur on the roots or also kind of like small roots. These hyphae explore the soil and absorb water and nutrients and provide them to the plant. In return, the plant provides the mycorrhizae with food which is produced in the plant leaves. Mycorrhizae can increase the surface area of the roots by up to 10000 times which will increaae nutrient use efficiency, water use efficiency, increase phosphorus uptake significantly, and also decrease salt and heavy metal toxicity. Elevated levels of phosphorus in the growing medium can be harmful to mycorrhizae so it is suggested to go easy on the P. It is best to use mycorrhizae at the time of planting.

awesome explanation, it makes perfect sense. I'm going to use this when transplanting the babies. If i use it when transplanting to 1 gal, if I decide to go to 3 gal later on, would I need to use it again, or will they have already started bonding with the existing root mass? I haven't added it to my flowering plants, but will keep it in mind to not overdo the bloom formula. Thanks bro :bong:

Your plants are looking really good. Excellent work.
thanks bro, that means a lot coming from a great grower :Namaste: I wish I could get the SLH to have tighter nodes.. I have it under a 600w MH, but I'm thinking it's just the nature of the plant.

I would have to say, the curling is from a lack of something in the food... but I am no expert

It's good to see you bad around here!

was thinking the same thing, but I'm feeding them the full strength organics, it has literally everything it could ask for, and it has happened to every clone including the original seed. Might just be a weak pheno also, lots of people have bad things to say about greenhouse genetics as of late. Too bad the smoke is good, I may have to start searching for another sativa.. I love the high of the SLH.

Nice work crimson, any development on the SLH claw? I always got a bit of claw on green house seeds but never on any other breeders strange did puzzle me a bit she's still looking lush and green and soon to be good for the bowl ;)

yeah she will keep growing just fine and produce really nice thick trichome infested buds, I really don't know why it happens, but like I said earlier, I really don't think it affects the growth much, they still grow into great plants and smoke harder than a lot of strains I've experienced.

Just now gave the vegging ladies another feed, stepped up the dosage.
10ml G / 7.5ml B / 5ml M
ph @ 6.7
ppm ~350
skipped the supplements as I need to transplant the seedlings and have to grab some more 1 gal pots. The past couple days they really started taking off. I'm sure after this feeding they will explode even faster. I'm probably going to grab some pots today so I can get them transplanted this weekend.

I'm happy that so far all the strains are taking the feeding just fine and none are growing differently, I got real lucky this time buying single strain seeds.

Whats good TCK!!!
im glad you are having success with your grow!!! I on the other hand, did not, so I made some clones of mine, and am starting over, this is my first time doing clones!!! but it will be a BPN grow as well!!! the original ladies are outside now, seeing as how outdoors has now gone to 12/12, I am hoping she will flower quickly before it starts getting to cold out here. Last night was pretty chilly in fact, dropped down to 64 last night!!!

:peacetwo:

Hey TCK, this is what I have done over and over with really good results. I keep a five gallon bucket at all times with my organic nutes mixed with the water. I always add a little sugar like molasses, or fruit juice or even a little coke. Anything with sugar will work and it doesn't take much. I keep it aerated constantly and when I feed, I just scoop out some of that mix and feed my plants. Then I add more nutrients and top off with water. This will enhance your results. I really need to include this on my feed schedule because it is bullet proof advice. I don't see a lot of folks doing this and I just wanted to pass it on...

Plants are looking great! Looking forward to see this grow through!!:thumb:

Hey TCK, this is what I have done over and over with really good results. I keep a five gallon bucket at all times with my organic nutes mixed with the water. I always add a little sugar like molasses, or fruit juice or even a little coke. Anything with sugar will work and it doesn't take much. I keep it aerated constantly and when I feed, I just scoop out some of that mix and feed my plants. Then I add more nutrients and top off with water. This will enhance your results. I really need to include this on my feed schedule because it is bullet proof advice. I don't see a lot of folks doing this and I just wanted to pass it on...

And I will be getting my stone this coming weekend!!! I can't wait!!! But for the time being, BPN!!! you didn't throw this part in for those that don't have the stones or pumps, what you want to do is to mix all the nutes up and keep the cap off the jugs!!! but make sure that you go and shake em up good!!! Its the advice that I was given from BPN for mine cus I dont have the stone at the moment either..

Whats good TCK!!!
im glad you are having success with your grow!!! I on the other hand, did not, so I made some clones of mine, and am starting over, this is my first time doing clones!!! but it will be a BPN grow as well!!! the original ladies are outside now, seeing as how outdoors has now gone to 12/12, I am hoping she will flower quickly before it starts getting to cold out here. Last night was pretty chilly in fact, dropped down to 64 last night!!!

good to hear man, hopefully you can get the new clones rooted and happy, because it's no lie, these plants love this organic formula

thanks for the advice bro, I actually plan on using a 5 gal bucket for an auto drip system, I'm just waiting on the pump, so adding an airstone to that will make it perfect to keep everything aerated between feedings.

Closet Farmer, welcome to the show bro!

got another pic update..

I ran to the hydro shop over the weekend to get some more 1 gal pots and I guess the smallest they carry now are 2 gal, so I got 10 of those. Ended up transplanting the 4 plants I have in flower and harvested up the last SLH I had from last round. These pots really aren't too much bigger than the 1 gals, but I think for flowering they might work out to be perfect for me. I'm an avid believer in soil grows requiring space for the roots to form a great mass. I put them in their new homes, the SLH is drooping a little bit, but hopefully in a few days she snaps out of it. Wonder woman looks amazing as always, really getting some nice bud formation. Can't wait to see the colas this thing will pop out.

22 days since 12/12
09-26-11_012.jpg

09-26-11_011.jpg

09-26-11_010.jpg

all my new strains got put into 1 gal pots, and everything in the garden got plain water, ph @ 6.7

Overall shot of them all. so lush and green
09-26-11_001.jpg

Cheese
09-26-11_002.jpg

Master Kush
09-26-11_003.jpg

Road Runner Auto, shes really starting to flower already, I upped the light timer to 20/4
09-26-11_005.jpg

Afghan Kush
09-26-11_006.jpg

Aurora Indica
09-26-11_007.jpg

OG Kush #18
09-26-11_009.jpg

the 2 white widows, they're really exploding into their new pots
09-26-11_008.jpg

I'm going to give them 2-3 days to all get adjusted to their new containers and then I will resume feeding. I'm thinking I'll need to flower the widows soon, they stretch a bit by nature, and they're just about big enough to yield some clones. 2 from each is all I really need, all these phenos have been identical and it's the 3rd bean I sprouted. Really shows nirvana has their game together despite what people say, I've had nothing but great experiences from their genetics.

I like your grow so far!! The plants are looking great!!

What is the Soil/Perilite ratio you use for your soil? Just asking because I am going to start a soil grow with the BPN nutes and want to have the same great resuts as you!:bravo:

I'm just using plain happy frog soil right out of the bag, not adding anything to it.

I was looking at the bag and it contains some mycorrhizae, but I also add 1tsp/gal of it when planting, otherwise I use the perlite that's in the soil.

If you plan on using the organic line, you will have these results quite easily, as long as your ph is right, the plants do the rest.

Thanks for your answer. Happy Frog looks like great soil. Really wish I had that locally. I was planning on using the Miricle Grow Organic. That is what I have. I do not have any other choices from where I am located. This soil does not have perilite in it. I know it is half way decent. My seedlings are popping up really good out of it right now. I was thinking about mixing 30% perilite. :morenutes:

yeah if you have to use that soil, definitely mix in some perlite, I actually used that soil for my first couple of grows, it kind of stunts the plants a bit for some reason, but if you add some extra perlite it should help it. Be careful with the nutes at first because the soil has some in it, even though it doesn't say it does. I actually went the whole grow without feeding them and they didn't show any deficiencies, just grew kind of slow.

My plan was to not nute for the 1st 2 weeks. Then start the BPN nute program strictly.. I hope this soil works. I notice the MG Organic soil has alot of wood chips in it. Maybe I could use my frequent flyer miles and get some decent soil!!! I do not want to let BPN down! :confused::scratchinghead:

yeah bro, the soil is just as important as the nutes and I typically see happy frog sell cheaper than ocean forest, I get a 2cuft bag for $20-$25 depending on where I go. I like happy frog because the soil is completely organic, and by adding BPN's organic line of nutrients, its a completely organic grow.

a bag of soil will grow me around 20 plants using the smaller containers, more than pays itself in wonderful smoke when harvest time comes around.

Ah Haw!!! I found out where to get Happy Frog! My seedlings are in MG Organic now (small containers) but I will transplant into the superior soil as soon as they get big enough. So you just use the Happy Frog and you don't add any perilite or anything?:thumb:

nope never used any added perlite. the soil holds a decent amount of moisture at first, but once the roots fill out, it dries quickly. When you plant them, don't pack the soil too tightly, its a nice light airy soil mix and they plants do best when very lightly packed.

Back
Top Bottom