Organic Grow

TCK, I would invest in a good soil pH probe. you can find them at lowes for around $10 or $15 for a very basic soil ph meter. It is VERY common for a lot of growing mediums to have pH of 7 to 7.5. I am very curious to see what your soil pH is. above 7 could be causing micronutrient deficiencies such as iron and zinc. The yellowing in between the veins on the younger leaves at the top certainly looks like zinc deficiency but I think that the pH may be causing that. Not sure about the clawing leaves yet. Genetics could be partly to blame for that. We need to know what the pH of the soil is before anything else. Have you considered foliar feeding with a very dilute solution of Micro? Lets see what the pH is first though.

alright my ph tester was .5 too high, so when I fed them at 6.8, it was really 7.3 so they've been getting it above 7 for as long as it's been out of calibration (about a month since I last did it).

This morning I checked on them and they're actually showing signs of improvement, the one doesn't have any yellowing and the bad one seemed to have greened up a little bit. They were dry so I decided to just give them a courtesy flush. I tested the runoff, the healthy plant runoff is 6.5, I'm happy with that, the worse one tested at 5.0 for the longest time, then after a couple more gallons, it stabilized at 6.3. I'll let them dry out, probably take 2-3 days and then resume feeding. I'll be calibrating my meter once a week now to make sure things don't shift. In the meantime, I'm not going to be adding ph down, because that's probably what's causing the soil ph to drop, that and my meter being out of whack.

BPN, it's definitely a zinc lockout because of the ph, so considering this has been corrected, I should be seeing improvements. Will the current yellow leaves turn green again, or will it just be the new growth that is corrected? I normally would foliar feed but the buds are already forming, I get nervous spraying the flowers. I used to have a soil probe and it never seemed to work at all, so I trashed it. I know happy frog when its fresh and I would water with distilled water would have a runoff of 6.8 consistently, so considering theres a decent root mass in there, I think 6.5 is stable. We'll see in a couple of days :bong:

veg is all doing great still, not a problem in there except for lack of space haha, I'm going to clone the widows this weekend so I can get them ready for bloom. Might squeeze in another topping tonight just for shits and giggles

Hi TCK20 ladies are looking great congrads!

Looks like you have slh under controll she will bounce back befor you know it i think all damaged tissue will continue to stay that colour from lockouts i had on previous grows the leaves that turned yellow stayed that colour.

Is your SLH more pale then your other girls ?

Just asking because i have grow several green house f2's and compared to big budda, nirvana and sensi f2's they are no were close! i know alot of people disagree but its just what conclusion i have come to from my results.

I wouldn't say they're more pale, they are where the yellowing occurs but the healthy leaves are as green as the others. They're more pale than they were in veg though, but they got fed a decent amount of N then, and now they're not getting as much.

Thanks for stopping by bro, I'll be posting up some more pics pretty soon to show the progress. I can't wait to get home tonight and check them out, see if they're doing any better.

man the latest super lemon haze I harvested is really turning out to be great. It's been my only smoke since I typically run out right before harvest and I've been smoking since it was dry, but it's been curing for about 3 weeks now and I smoked 2 bowls of it this morning over the course of about 3 hours and I have a really nice euphoric high going on. I definitely love this strain and once I get it dialed in, it's only going to get better.

I fed the vegging girls last night and I upped the dosage to
15ml G/B, 5ml M, 2.5ml Kbud, 5ml Humate tea/ Bio juice.
ph: 6.5
ppms: ~580

This morning they looked wonderful like they were basking together under the sunlight, competing for more rays. I snapped a few pics on my phone. I'll post them up in a bit

That Super Lemon Haze sound like good smoke! Glad to hear your plants are back on track!! :thumb:

pics, quality is eh, but it was my morning zen, being in there with all of them. They're looking great, stretching more than I like, but I can't do much about that due to the space issues. As long as I can get some clones taken this weekend, I can clear it up a bit.

09-30-11_001.jpg

09-30-11_002.jpg

09-30-11_003.jpg

09-30-11_004.jpg

09-30-11_005.jpg

That Super Lemon Haze sound like good smoke! Glad to hear your plants are back on track!! :thumb:

yeah bro I checked on them this morning and I swear the yellowing is going away, I only saw it on 2 tips this morning, and there is already new growth on them. When i took the picture it was affecting all tips, so I'm glad the flush took care of them.

Now I'm going to get them frosty :bong:

Huge Difference!! Incredible!! They look like completely different plants. Even though I know they are not. I am always amazed how the marijuana plant can recover so quickly!! :high-five:

That is why I am using thier nutes my next grow too!! Getting ready to start my new journal after this weekend.

Yes, the BPN Organic nutes arrived a few weeks ago. I am pulling my last plant this weekend on my current hydro grow. I planted 5 seedlings outside in small containers. Only 3 have broken the soil. I hope it is not because of the MG organic soil they are in. I am getting better soil this weekend. I am considering doing an SOG depending on how many seedlings make it.

real nice man, i noticed they grow much slower in MG soil, its what i first used starting out. They'll grow, it just takes a bit for them to get started, I believe because of the soil consistency. Good luck though man

you know I used MG moisture control for my first grow, and I have to say, I had no growing issues with it!!! it grew fast and tall, went from a 5 inch clone when I got it, 2 weeks later it was topping off at 16inches, thats when I stuck her into flowering

:peacetwo:

got some clones taken from the widows over the weekend. Couldn't wait to flower them, they're just growing too big and my light won't go any higher so I made the move and flowered them. Now veg has a bit more room, but with OG and AK on some serious competition for space, it's going to fill quickly.

The reason OG and AK aren't getting along is they were hit with a huge dose of blue planet, and are gobbling all the poo and organic matter up their roots.

I took a few pics, but was in a hurry so they're not the best. I think my SLH in flower will be dry enough today to resume feeding.

OG#18
10-03-11_001.jpg

Cheese
10-03-11_002.jpg

Aurora Indica
10-03-11_003.jpg

Master Kush
10-03-11_004.jpg

Afghan Kush
10-03-11_005.jpg

Group shot, all getting quite big.
10-03-11_006.jpg

and the flowering ladies are looking better. They are dying for some food though
10-03-11_007.jpg

10-03-11_008.jpg

Plants are looking very healthy!!! Great to see the BPN nutes are doing a great job!!:thumb:

looking good K2,man if them all finished at the same time what a load you
would have.WTG Bro:thumb:

yeah man, I'm going to have to figure something out because I don't know if I can fit that many plants under 1 600w. As it is I have 6 plants flowering now that the widows are in there :bong:

great problems to have

Back
Top Bottom