Outdoor Blue Dream While Living In The LBC

So, this morning I checked out @InTheShed LST post again and tried to recreate what I could with my plant at this time. Not sure if I accomplished what I was set out for. But this is now how the lady sits. If anything could be changed please let a brotha know.

20200801_124045.jpg 20200801_124151.jpg 20200801_124220.jpg

So, this morning I checked out @InTheShed LST post again and tried to recreate what I could with my plant at this time. Not sure if I accomplished what I was set out for. But this is now how the lady sits. If anything could be changed please let a brotha know.

20200801_124045.jpg 20200801_124151.jpg 20200801_124220.jpg
Excellent work. Keep her low and stretched out for a while. I'd keep training her till she starts flowering which isn't far away. At that point the stretch will give you many large colas.
She's really looking healthy. Your homework and past experience is paying off this year.

Would it be wise to every couple days move the direction shes stretched out in to make sure 360 degrees of the plant get sunlight?

Would it be wise to every couple days move the direction shes stretched out in to make sure 360 degrees of the plant get sunlight?
I don't think so. Just continue to add a further tie as the plant's main stem grows so the plant is gently encouraged to continue growing out on the comfortable lean she's already on, what you are doing is considered 'low stress', higher stress training can trigger the plant to hermie in some strains, but so far, touch wood, that hasn't happened to me and I've given my plants quite a lot of stress with my training needs as I can't let them get above 2.5 feet high, it's not ideal but I still got a useful yield of 23oz off 3 plants last grow.
What you are doing will keep the plant from getting to vertically high, and at same time it will create a bigger surface area for direct sunlight which will help stimulate more bud growth.

One piece of advice, if you ever accidentally break a branch/stem, don't panic, just tape it up, I use electrical tape, some folk use duct tape or whatever. They are really tough plants and can easily heal back from bad breaks if quickly taped up, with a splint if needed. If it happens and you do that, that chances are it'll be good as gold in a few days.

Looking good. :thumb:

I don't think so. Just continue to add a further tie as the plant's main stem grows so the plant is gently encouraged to continue growing out on the comfortable lean she's already on
So what will happen to the branches that are on the bent side of the plant, will they eventually grow upward and get more sunlight?

So what will happen to the branches that are on the bent side of the plant, will they eventually grow upward and get more sunlight?
Yes they will respond to their 'new' bent over position and grow upwards to the light. It will start showing quite quickly and the growth the follows will all be upwards. The resulting shape will be a canopy where the buds/colas are more level and therefore getting very good similar light, as opposed to an untrained 'Christmas tree' shape. You can see that on InTheSheds pictures.

UPDATE:
Hello all, today after leaving the plant bent over for about 24 hours, I decided to take a look and see how everything is responding. I as well at the same time did a little pruning by removing 3 fans. I can now see why people use the LST method, this lady has made herself very wide. After removing the fans, I can see what people mention as the canopy, shes grown everything in a uniform height. I did however have to take a couple of the lower back branches and manipulate their location. I have some bamboo skewers from kabobs to redirect them so they now sit in a better location. Ill keep this method going because shes looking super fine with it.

20200802_184515.jpg 20200802_184702.jpg 20200802_184622.jpg 20200802_184914.jpg

I used to prune all my plants and train them but now i only do that indoors under lights because that is were you see the best results.When outdoors now i feed heavy and let the sun do all the work.No training or pruning outdoors.

I used to prune all my plants and train them but now i only do that indoors under lights because that is were you see the best results.When outdoors now i feed heavy and let the sun do all the work.No training or pruning outdoors.
Lovely looking plants BT. I think ogkev has a height limit that he is applying LST to ensure it doesn't start getting his neighbor's attention. I'm the same, on my balcony I can only let them get 2.5 feet tall but wish I could grow freely outside and grow some real trees! Cheers.

UPDATE:
Hello all, today after leaving the plant bent over for about 24 hours, I decided to take a look and see how everything is responding. I as well at the same time did a little pruning by removing 3 fans. I can now see why people use the LST method, this lady has made herself very wide. After removing the fans, I can see what people mention as the canopy, shes grown everything in a uniform height. I did however have to take a couple of the lower back branches and manipulate their location. I have some bamboo skewers from kabobs to redirect them so they now sit in a better location. Ill keep this method going because shes looking super fine with it.

20200802_184515.jpg 20200802_184702.jpg 20200802_184622.jpg 20200802_184914.jpg
I'm living it. Let them grow out about 4-5 inches and tie them in directions that expose new growth. Once your done remove any fan leaf blocking the youngsters. Dont be shy...shes going to grow many more. I'm glad to hear stunger mention broken limbs. Hence the reason I use pliers if I fear a break. Softens the bend. Don't be gentle with them. The more you bend n twist the stronger the stems will become. Yep, stress can cause a hermie. I agree with stunger on that but like he said you rarely see it. Most are from heat, light leaks, or that guy growing out a seed he found in a good bag of weed.. Then goes on to explain that he was taking pics during their light cycle....lol.
I've always been brutal to my plants and I dont remember ever having a issue. Once more I must say your doing a great job.

Hey, stop showing off you prick...No wonder you dick is green. Its wearing off of your thumb......:rofl: Absolute torture to see those but gotttt dammnn theyz pretty.

It's been a while. You still going strong?

UPDATE:
Haha... ya we still growing strong here. Had the birthday last week and got some partying done, didn't think it had been almost 10 days since I last updated. The lady is looking is looking like a bush now, she has spread out a lot and Im just trying to let her go vertical for a little while now before I try to bend her again. Looking healthy and critters are staying away for now. Leaves arnt showing any deficiencies, looks to have about 20 tops on her.

20200810_123815.jpg 20200810_123839.jpg 20200810_123853.jpg

Update:
Noticed today that the lady has started to flower and get ready for her next phase. I watered her on Monday and was planning to again tomorrow, will be switching to new nutes and keep with the same watering schedule of 4-5 days. I believe this is where Ive messed up in the past with over watering, and I mean I was on it like every other day. Shes stands at 19 inches tall and 26 inches in diameter, with the assumption she'll grow a little more than that. Shes got around 18-19 tops and that doesn't include the main cola. Garden of Green states flowering time is 65-70 days so I will be posting more often from now on to make sure I can get all the help from you guys during the next 9-10 weeks. Hoping for the stickiest of the icky.

20200814_121614.jpg 20200814_121637.jpg 20200814_121653.jpg

Update:
Just need a little help. After inspecting the lady this morning, Ive noticed that shes starting to get some spots on her leaves. Not sure if this is hinting towards a deficiency, a disease is starting, or its just some kind of burn from water sitting on her leaves in the sun. I inspected the underside of the leaves for critters and found nothing. If anyone has an idea, help a brotha out please. Peace and love yall.

20200818_122138.jpg 20200818_122214.jpg

Update:
Just need a little help. After inspecting the lady this morning, Ive noticed that shes starting to get some spots on her leaves. Not sure if this is hinting towards a deficiency, a disease is starting, or its just some kind of burn from water sitting on her leaves in the sun. I inspected the underside of the leaves for critters and found nothing. If anyone has an idea, help a brotha out please. Peace and love yall.
I had noticed I think the same characteristics that you are seeing in my last grow. There were lots of little pin prick marks appearing and eventually I noticed when blowing up close up pictures, there was lots of tiny tiny black dots that seemed to be little mites, not spider mites altho I got them too. It is in my journal but I can't remember whereabouts offhand. The upshot was I sprayed a mix of Dr Bronner's liquid castille soap, insecticide soap and neem oil. Which seemed to work well but in hindsight I wished I'd jumped on it sooner. My next grow I wont wait for the bugs to come I will be preemptively spraying.

Thanks... I have been using neem oil on the plant and spray once a week. Maybe I should be hitting her every 5 days, but now that she's in flower I'll move to insecticidal soap. I have Dr. Bronner's and will be using that for my spray.

Thanks... I have been using neem oil on the plant and spray once a week. Maybe I should be hitting her every 5 days, but now that she's in flower I'll move to insecticidal soap. I have Dr. Bronner's and will be using that for my spray.
If you can, try to spray under the leaves too. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom