Outdoor Blue Dream While Living In The LBC

I spray under leaves too. Got a good spray on her last night after I got home from work... keeping my fingers crossed.:goodluck:
Only spray after the sun is off for the day. It can burn.

Update:
Girl is still trucking along and looking good. She's widened out alot now and is almost 30 inches wide and 24 inches tall. Spotting is still there but I dont see it spreading or getting worse with time. So hopefully the spraying im performing every 4 days is helping. Not alot of pistils yet, tbh not sure if she should be showing any by now. Anyways, 11 days since the first sign of flowering.
20200824_132509.jpg 20200824_132308.jpg 20200824_132528.jpg
20200824_132344.jpg

Within the last 2 days, this girl has really started to bloom, there are flowers everywhere. I'm guessing the last week or 2 have been what I've read is called " the stretch", she's really grown in size. For anyone still reading along, what do you use as the first day of flowering? Is it when you first see pistils like I posted earlier on 8/14, or when you actually see flower formation I saw a couple days ago? I started counting at first signs of pistils last year and was told it could have been picked early, so this year I'll start at the sign of flower formation which would be on 8/25. So by the package the beans came in, I have 9-10 weeks, which makes harvest between Oct 27th and Nov 3rd.

20200828_131153.jpg20200828_131133.jpg20200828_131015.jpg20200828_130956.jpg20200827_125348.jpg

Within the last 2 days, this girl has really started to bloom, there are flowers everywhere. I'm guessing the last week or 2 have been what I've read is called " the stretch", she's really grown in size. For anyone still reading along, what do you use as the first day of flowering? Is it when you first see pistils like I posted earlier on 8/14, or when you actually see flower formation I saw a couple days ago? I started counting at first signs of pistils last year and was told it could have been picked early, so this year I'll start at the sign of flower formation which would be on 8/25. So by the package the beans came in, I have 9-10 weeks, which makes harvest between Oct 27th and Nov 3rd.

20200828_131153.jpg20200828_131133.jpg20200828_131015.jpg20200828_130956.jpg20200827_125348.jpg
I finally got to catch up on your grow and I must say it looks fantastic. The lst training has certainly paid off big time.
A few posts ago I see your concern for the spots on leaf. To me they look like thrips. I have them as well but keeping them at Bay or so I like to think I am..lol. Thrips are hard to see with the naked eye but their shit balls they leave behind show up as little black specks. You've prob already taken care of them with your spray.
On the days flowering thing. Indoors it's easy to know exactly when you've started flowering. Outside is a bit different. Some strains and different phenos flower at different times. Once your stretch stops and they develop their little caps you'll roughly have another 6-7 weeks to go. Once the calaxy swell near the end a scope is the only real way to nail the harvest window. Breeders guidelines are just an idea. Environment, feeding, medium, water quality, ECT all factor in which can make the guideline either longer or sometimes shorter but the majority of the time it is longer than the breeders suggested timeline.
I am impressed bro. Your rocking this grow. All that prep work is paying off. I see gnomes in all your future grows. They obviously bring in the luck factor...lol. I'm excited to see them go the rest of the way.
:welldone:

I finally got to catch up on your grow and I must say it looks fantastic. The lst training has certainly paid off big time.
A few posts ago I see your concern for the spots on leaf. To me they look like thrips. I have them as well but keeping them at Bay or so I like to think I am..lol. Thrips are hard to see with the naked eye but their shit balls they leave behind show up as little black specks. You've prob already taken care of them with your spray.
On the days flowering thing. Indoors it's easy to know exactly when you've started flowering. Outside is a bit different. Some strains and different phenos flower at different times. Once your stretch stops and they develop their little caps you'll roughly have another 6-7 weeks to go. Once the calaxy swell near the end a scope is the only real way to nail the harvest window. Breeders guidelines are just an idea. Environment, feeding, medium, water quality, ECT all factor in which can make the guideline either longer or sometimes shorter but the majority of the time it is longer than the breeders suggested timeline.
I am impressed bro. Your rocking this grow. All that prep work is paying off. I see gnomes in all your future grows. They obviously bring in the luck factor...lol. I'm excited to see them go the rest of the way.
:welldone:
Thank you sir, I was hoping all the prep I did would pay off and I think it certainly has. The girl has definitely gone thru stretch but only really flower development has been a couple days. So I'll check trics starting in about a month and see where she sits. Super anxious on how she'll finish up.

Just like @Cola Monster you got those damn gnomes doing all the work for you!

Hello all,
Just wanted to give some updated pics of the lady. Shes got flowers growing everywhere with white pistils showing. I have a little concern tho that shes not gonna have buds and really more sticks than anything else, like I'm not stressing her enough? Am I just being paranoid, or is she gonna fill out and get thicker? Hoping I'm just being paranoid and not that shes gonna be a bunch of sticks. Anyways... here's the pics.
20200901_135304.jpg20200901_135230.jpg20200901_135217.jpg20200901_135144.jpg20200901_135016.jpg20200901_134815.jpg

Garden is looking good @ogkev :)

The Blue Dream in your title caught my attn as it’s one of my favorites as well, I have 9 of them going outside this year.

I only read the 1st page and then skipped here, so may have missed some things, but I wanted to address your soil and it being basic.

For your bed size, after you harvest this year, if you can, till these things into the native soil 12-24” deep and you won’t have to worry about pH or feeding the girls anything but water.

- 1 bale of peat
- 20lbs +/- alfalfa (I buy pellet at the feed store in 55lb bags and soak them in water first to break them up)
- 1 cup of lime
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 3 cups of blood meal
- 1 cup of bone meal
- 1/2 c of kelp meal
- and lastly, mix 2 cups of molasses with 5 gals of water and water the garden with it.

If you can access these things to amend your soil this fall, it will “cook” all winter and next spring/summer, you can plant directly into the garden and only need to water the girls as needed. No need for supplements, feeds or checking pH.

You will have a Living Organic Soil and the plant will take care of the pH as she grows.

Back
Top Bottom