Outdoor Blue Dream While Living In The LBC

My original seed came from HSO, who were the original breeder. This crop is from a self crossing I did last winter that gave me over 3000 feminized BD seed :)

Whenever possible, I try to source my seed from the original breeder of the strain I am looking for:)

T
My original seed came from HSO, who were the original breeder. This crop is from a self crossing I did last winter that gave me over 3000 feminized BD seed :)

Whenever possible, I try to source my seed from the original breeder of the strain I am looking for:)
That sounds like a good approach. A couple of grows ago I selectively pollinated and crossed using a regular WW bean found in a pack sold as fems. Next time I want to have a go at reversing a female to make some female seeds.

I have Colloidal Silver at hand so I will be trying with that. I was going to try it on selective branches that I want to reverse, but after being questioned as why I don't take cuttings, then clone and reverse them, it seems such a great suggestion I am going to look at that!:cool:

That’s the best way mate :) sometimes it doesn’t work, for whatever reason, and you still have others to work with. I lost my Pineapple Chunk pheno because I didn’t take cuttings and it turned out a bust on making seed.

Garden is looking good @ogkev :)

The Blue Dream in your title caught my attn as it’s one of my favorites as well, I have 9 of them going outside this year.

I only read the 1st page and then skipped here, so may have missed some things, but I wanted to address your soil and it being basic.

For your bed size, after you harvest this year, if you can, till these things into the native soil 12-24” deep and you won’t have to worry about pH or feeding the girls anything but water.

- 1 bale of peat
- 20lbs +/- alfalfa (I buy pellet at the feed store in 55lb bags and soak them in water first to break them up)
- 1 cup of lime
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 3 cups of blood meal
- 1 cup of bone meal
- 1/2 c of kelp meal
- and lastly, mix 2 cups of molasses with 5 gals of water and water the garden with it.

If you can access these things to amend your soil this fall, it will “cook” all winter and next spring/summer, you can plant directly into the garden and only need to water the girls as needed. No need for supplements, feeds or checking pH.

You will have a Living Organic Soil and the plant will take care of the pH as she grows.
Nice...good info

Just in case others are reading this bit about making an LOS soil, and because Jim quoted me and made me think of it, if your native soil is not basic like @ogkev’s is, you should use more lime.

When making a “soilless” mix with a peat base (~4 pH) I use a lot more lime to help raise the pH and to ensure enough calcium in the mix :)

Hello all,
Just wanted to give some updated pics of the lady. Shes got flowers growing everywhere with white pistils showing. I have a little concern tho that shes not gonna have buds and really more sticks than anything else, like I'm not stressing her enough? Am I just being paranoid, or is she gonna fill out and get thicker? Hoping I'm just being paranoid and not that shes gonna be a bunch of sticks. Anyways... here's the pics.
20200901_135304.jpg20200901_135230.jpg20200901_135217.jpg20200901_135144.jpg20200901_135016.jpg20200901_134815.jpg
Have no fear. They will fill out. They look great.

Another thing worth mentioning, for those that can’t acquire Mycos and worm castings, if you live near wooded areas, grab a few handfuls of the debris, leaves/needles and soil there, will provide the same micro organisms needed.

Update:
Got a little bit of a problem, that I really can't blame on anyone but myself. Had to leave town for the weekend and was going to have my brother go over and water the garden. Im guessing he either forgot or didn't water the proper amount, but we had a HUGE HEAT WAVE. Los Angeles has fires everywhere, the weather got close to or above 100°F, and the lady roasted. She took damage, is somewhat covered in some ash, and im wondering is she's going to survive. She took the brunt of the damage on her backside away from all the tops, but she doesn't look happy in that area. Do you guys think she'll be ok or did I just ruin the project?

20200907_143549.jpg20200907_143536.jpg20200907_143531.jpg20200907_143516.jpg20200907_143435.jpg20200907_143433.jpg

Attachments

• 20200907_143428.jpg
    20200907_143428.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Thanks man... I was a little worried about her when I got home and saw how she got sun burned badly.
Even with damage she still looks good. No worries...kick your brothers ass...lol.

Even with damage she still looks good. No worries...kick your brothers ass...lol.

Haha... I already called him and he said he did water, but didn't see the measurement marks on my watering jug and gave her no where where I told him. I just said he doesn't get anything this year if he's gonna kill her. Anyways... im just glad she doing well and filling out, last week I was worried about her being twigs, now I can see she's gonna be niiiice.

Haha... I already called him and he said he did water, but didn't see the measurement marks on my watering jug and gave her no where where I told him. I just said he doesn't get anything this year if he's gonna kill her. Anyways... im just glad she doing well and filling out, last week I was worried about her being twigs, now I can see she's gonna be niiiice.
No worries...she's gonna get heavy with bud. It'll be fun watching her fill in the cracks.

Update:
Hello all...
Firstly, with the whole State of Cali on fire, the girl has been covered in ash as it snows from the sky here in the LBC, so, there is definitely gonna be the need for a wash before drying. Secondly, with the State on fire, does that put more cO2 in the air and help the lady out with flowering? I know its a scientific question, but im sure there is an answer and explanation for it. But, I dont like to see the fires so I hope they get put out quickly and the fireman stay safe.
Anyways... the lady is looking beautiful and filling out well. We are in week 4 almost 5 of flower and still lots of white pistils, id have to say 25% red an 75% white. Shes starting to stink really good and can smell her half way into the backyard. Still spraying for bugs every 5 days and watering every 4. I know I have a grasshopper in the yard somewhere because I saw the fucker a couple days ago munching, but couldn't catch him Errr... I'm up just after sunup to look for worms and the notorious hopper. Stay green everyone and will be updating if anything changes.

20200915_121607.jpg 20200915_121957.jpg 20200915_121622.jpg 20200915_121705.jpg 20200915_121723.jpg

20200915_121915.jpg 20200915_121814.jpg

She's packing it on now. Looks great. She sure didn't stretch as much as expected. I figured with a sativa Dom plant she'd get a little more leggy but ya never know. Dunno about the fires. May block some sun but that won't matter now. She's in the home stretch. Great job

Update:
Hey all... sorry for the absence in posting. Been very busy and had no time to spare really. Anyways... I have about a 2 weeks left on this lady and she is beautiful. Super dense tops, sugar coated leaves everywhere, and the smell I remember from 15 years when first trying in high school. Im super happy with the way this lady has progressed and can't wait for the final product.
20201003_155514.jpg20201003_155455.jpg20201003_155432.jpg20201003_155404.jpg

Back
Top Bottom