Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

It's been about 10 days since my last update, so I guess I'm due for one now. The plants are doing well, and they don't look very much different, to me, than the last update.

Chem Dog Clone:
Chem Dog is now 143 days old (from getting planted in soil) and has been flowering for about 48 days. It survived the rain and wind ok, but has been floppy ever since. I've begun the bamboo staking process on it now. I'm spraying BT weekly now. So far no sign of caterpillars. :cool:
It didn't start flowering until about 8/5, and it appears to still have a long way to go before being ready for harvest... maybe November. I may have to move it to finish up indoors much like the Sour D.

Sour Diesel Clone:
Sour Diesel seems to be happy with its new home under the NextLight Core. It's also now at 143 days and flowering for 48 days. Doesn't really matter how long it takes to ripen since it's now out of the elements of mother nature.
Buds are building nicely, and smelling nice as well. I ended up purchasing an inexpensive LUX meter.
I'm currently getting about 45K lux at the top of the plant. The lights are about 14 inches above the top cola. Last grow, I had the lights too close and ended up burning some of my top colas. I feel better about the situation this grow.

I hope everyone has a great weekend coming up. :circle-of-love:

Highya Beez,

Looking good up there! Big colas with big buds! Always a good thing. We're getting all that rain today. Between 1-2 inches with some wind. Looks like your lady made it alright. Have a great weekend! Happy Smokin'

Buds are building nicely, and smelling nice as well. I ended up purchasing an inexpensive LUX meter.
They sure are!
Looking (and smelling) good, Beez!
My lux meter was only six bucks, but it does the trick...
Handy for seedlings, too!

Looking good there Beez. I'm always impatient with the pace of ripening of my outdoor girls. It just seems the whole process is faster indoors.
Stay stoneder.

But only if u grow autos, no ?
No. We're talking about photoperiod plants that need a change in lighting for the flowering process.

Inside we change the lighting to 12/12 and the plant instantly thinks it's September 22nd and thinks winter is right around the corner. So it starts pushing out pistils and building flowers quickly to try to reproduce before frost hits.

Outside, on June 22nd, the plant gets the sense that today there was a tiny bit less daylight and wonders of maybe it was just really cloudy! After a few days of that it realizes the days are getting shorter so it begins the slow flowering process, knowing in its DNA that winter is two seasons away.

That's why inside we get pistils in a week or two and outside not until mid-July to August. And it's why indoor harvest times are given in days and outside harvests are listed by month (e.g. early October).

That's why plants finish faster inside, and why starting an outdoor grow earlier in spring doesn't hasten the harvest date.

I have a question! 🤓🤓🤓
So @BeezLuiz said (if i understood him correctly) you can tell by your test results if you have harvested too late, because there will be ZERO CBN detected. Last year I pulled one plant early and one plant 8 days later I had both samples tested
my first sample taken too early had less THC than
the second sample of my final harvest. but neither had ANY CBN? so can you explain this?

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 8.24.43 AM.png

No. We're talking about photoperiod plants that need a change in lighting for the flowering process.

Inside we change the lighting to 12/12 and the plant instantly thinks it's September 22nd and thinks winter is right around the corner. So it starts pushing out pistils and building flowers quickly to try to reproduce before frost hits.

Outside, on June 22nd, the plant gets the sense that today there was a tiny bit less daylight and wonders of maybe it was just really cloudy! After a few days of that it realizes the days are getting shorter so it begins the slow flowering process, knowing in its DNA that winter is two seasons away.

That's why inside we get pistils in a week or two and outside not until mid-July to August. And it's why indoor harvest times are given in days and outside harvests are listed by month (e.g. early October).

That's why plants finish faster inside, and why starting an outdoor grow earlier in spring doesn't hasten the harvest date.
Shed I remember once was invited to a indoor growers basement. The smell was so strong and putrid it smelled like dog or animal piss. I almost threw up. When I told a friend they said all indoor grows smells like that. Is it true?

We're getting all that rain today. Between 1-2 inches with some wind.
Hopefully the rain doesn't exasperate bud rot season.
So cool you can leave the CD outside until the weather changes and the SD will be harvested just in time.
Fingers crossed that the timing works out. 🤞
My lux meter was only six bucks, but it does the trick...
Handy for seedlings, too!
I'm looking forward to using it and getting a good baseline for my lights.
Looks real good there, nice work!
:thanks:
Wonderful photos you’re a really good photographer! Are you using an iPhone for those pics?
Thank you for the compliment! No Apple products allowed in my house. Hate the company, hate their marketing, and don't much like their products. :laughtwo: Actually those pictures were taken with my Galaxy 21 cell phone. It's auto focus feature kinda sucks so I usually take the close-up shots with the "pro mode" setting so that I can manually set the focus.
I'm always impatient with the pace of ripening of my outdoor girls. It just seems the whole process is faster indoors.
Now that I've gotten a couple lbs worth of cured buds in my inventory, I've gotten more patient with the outdoor process. But, yeah, that first year of growing was like torture waiting for things to ripen. :passitleft:

So Beezluiz said (if i understood him correctly) you can tell by your test results if you have harvested too late, because there will be ZERO CBN detected. Last year I pulled one plant early and one plant 8 days later I had both samples tested
my first sample taken too early had less THC thena the second sample of my final harvest. but neither had ANY CBN? so can you explain this?
Thank you for sharing your test results!! I would interpret your results in this way:
1. Your 1st plant that had a THC level of 13.4% was certainly harvested too early - no CBN.
2. Your 2nd plant that had a THC level of 17.5% was obviously closer to it peak ripeness, but it still had no CBN so it was still taken a bit too soon.
3. The THC number that I pay attention to is the one labelled "Total THC". It is the total of the d9THC and the THCa (after being multipled by 0.877). I believe this is what breeders advertise, but maybe they just skip the 0.887 multiplier so that it seems higher in THC.
LKV Test Results b.jpg

The smell was so strong and putrid it smelled like dog or animal piss. I almost threw up. When I told a friend they said all indoor grows smells like that. Is it true?
I guess it depends on how many plants are in that space and what variety the plants were. Some plants just stink. Others smell great. The one or two that I grow in my garage, certainly have a good amount of aroma when you walk in, but I think it smells pretty nice usually.

So @BeezLuiz said (if i understood him correctly) you can tell by your test results if you have harvested too late, because there will be ZERO CBN detected.
That's not quite what I said. Actually I said the opposite. Here's my what I posted in your journal:
"CBN Not Detected (ND)" likely means you harvested a bit too early. A large CBN value means you waited too long (couch lock likely). A little bit of CBN means you probably timed it pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom