P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

I don't grow in hydro so this is just my opinion. I think that if you have water, they will be OK. They just won't grow very much. I think I would wait another day also with the nutes. I'm sure the girls will be ok.

I don't grow in hydro so this is just my opinion. I think that if you have water, they will be OK. They just won't grow very much. I think I would wait another day also with the nutes. I'm sure the girls will be ok.

Thanks Hemp. They are some tough little gals.

I know it's not pretty but they actually are looking better. I didn't take a photo at their worst, kind reminded me of taking pictures at a car accident.

(Been trying to upload pics for an hour, keep getting error messages...)

This will have to work until I can upload through the gallery again.

Trying to get through:

Day12.png

The runt aka "peanut" with some new growth on top

Day12Peanut.png

iLean is getting her roots back

Day12iLean.png

New growth on top of iLean since yesterday

Day12iLean2.png

Lucille added a little on top too

Day12Lucille.png

Maybe some nutes tomorrow... Any thoughts? (other than DAMN! Those are F#$CKED) :helpsmilie:

Thanks

Quick update...

This morning a few of the leaves are raising up a bit more but not much else. pH was 5.7 and the ppm's are at 220. Res temp is 66 degrees, RH is at 50%. They are starting to loose a little of the green color they have so I'm guessing I will feed them a 1/4 dose of nutes this evening and wait another day or so to see what happens.

Dude..sorry you're having so much trouble...have you grown hydro before or is this your first go at it??

:Namaste:

Yeah, this is the first everything. By the time I figured out one problem, another one popped up. Kinda like the "Butterfly Effect" if you will. At least I figured out what the problems were so if these girls don't make it, I should be ready for the next go. I'm not sure if I even want to keep going on this grow. I'm thinking that after all the shock and harm that has happened, any sort of decent yield is out the window at this point.

I could be wrong though... Wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, this is the first everything. By the time I figured out one problem, another one popped up. Kinda like the "Butterfly Effect" if you will. At least I figured out what the problems were so if these girls don't make it, I should be ready for the next go. I'm not sure if I even want to keep going on this grow. I'm thinking that after all the shock and harm that has happened, any sort of decent yield is out the window at this point.

I could be wrong though... Wouldn't be the first time.

Don't get discouraged. My very first grow, one of the ladies just was not cooperating with me. Well....it was probably me not knowing what the hell I was doing. She had pH issues all grow. Nute lockout, burn, deficiency....you name it. I totally gave up on her because I just couldn't keep her happy. Ended up yielding me around an oz. Wasn't the best smoke I ever had but it was decent. Point of my story: don't give up!

Don't get discouraged. My very first grow, one of the ladies just was not cooperating with me. Well....it was probably me not knowing what the hell I was doing. She had pH issues all grow. Nute lockout, burn, deficiency....you name it. I totally gave up on her because I just couldn't keep her happy. Ended up yielding me around an oz. Wasn't the best smoke I ever had but it was decent. Point of my story: don't give up!

I guess after all that's happened disappointment is natural, but I haven't given up yet!

The runt didn't make it... When I checked this morning the other two were about the same but "Peanut" was toast. The Rockwool was swollen up and covered in mold and the roots were goo. I dumped and cleaned everything, gave the other two a water and H2O2 bath and cut off some small mold spots on the Rockwool (they were much better) flushed the cubes and switched out the media. I hadn't pulled the media out before because I didn't want to disturb the roots but I'm glad I did. Hopefully this will be the end of the backlash from the earlier problems. I'll post an update tonight.

Thanks again for the support and encouragement.

It's called "Hail", made by Sure To Grow. It does what it says though. The only mold on the cubes were the parts touching the Rockwool and no place else. The rest of the cubes were white and clean. The Rockwool was too low in the net pots and apparently never had the chance to drain. The plants were drowning. I put new cubes in new nets and raised up the remaining girls. Guess I'm still learning every single day. We'll see what happens now. Soil may be what I need to use until I learn a bit more.

Soil has it's own problems but I do agree with you that soil is more forgiving because it can buffer the mistakes that the grower may make. With hydro you have to get it just right! I'm sure it will get better for you. :goodluck:

Quick update...

This morning a few of the leaves are raising up a bit more but not much else. pH was 5.7 and the ppm's are at 220. Res temp is 66 degrees, RH is at 50%. They are starting to loose a little of the green color they have so I'm guessing I will feed them a 1/4 dose of nutes this evening and wait another day or so to see what happens.

:sorry: :oops:
Dude what a bust. Honestly man I just can't tell what happened. If I were you and these were easy to get clones ....and they didn't jump back to thriving green no more bull shit in a week or less i'd fucking scrap them :surrender::surrender: get Dutch Master grow A and B and thats all you need. It PH's itself perfectly though you might want it bc it will usually hit around 5.6 and i've been hearing a lot lately that you wanna keep your plants around 6.2-6.8 in veg, though every strain is different. But yeah Just dutch master A and B quarter strength first week half strength for a couple days and depending on how your plants hang full strength.
I mean thats what works for me ya know. I hope this helps I wish I could like..."hologram" myself there and like look at it and fix it with you but I cant and that would be scary cuz the government could then be able 2 hologram into my place and get me! :tokin::loopy::rofl: or not.
But yeah technology isn't there yet anyways. But yeah dude. Good luck.
bests,
-p.g.

Soil has it's own problems but I do agree with you that soil is more forgiving because it can buffer the mistakes that the grower may make. With hydro you have to get it just right! I'm sure it will get better for you. :goodluck:

And that is the reason I decided to go soil..while I've had some problems, it's been a VERY boring grow in comparison to what you're experiencing.

That said, YO!, you had the guts to get in there and get your roots wet while I was timid...for that, as with your awesome light fixture, you have my undying respect bro!!

You'll master this, I know you will. :)

Thanks Hemp, I'm considering soil but I think I can do much better than I have with the hydro so far.

:sorry: :oops:
Dude what a bust. Honestly man I just can't tell what happened. If I were you and these were easy to get clones ....and they didn't jump back to thriving green no more bull shit in a week or less i'd fucking scrap them :surrender::surrender: get Dutch Master grow A and B and thats all you need. It PH's itself perfectly though you might want it bc it will usually hit around 5.6 and i've been hearing a lot lately that you wanna keep your plants around 6.2-6.8 in veg, though every strain is different. But yeah Just dutch master A and B quarter strength first week half strength for a couple days and depending on how your plants hang full strength.
I mean thats what works for me ya know. I hope this helps I wish I could like..."hologram" myself there and like look at it and fix it with you but I cant and that would be scary cuz the government could then be able 2 hologram into my place and get me! :tokin::loopy::rofl: or not.
But yeah technology isn't there yet anyways. But yeah dude. Good luck.
bests,
-p.g.

I almost shot water out of my nose when I read the hologram part! Thanks again for the info, I'm really looking into how I'm going to proceed, but me thinks it's time to move on. The plants have shown zero signs of improvement and have slipped into somewhat of a coma.

And that is the reason I decided to go soil..while I've had some problems, it's been a VERY boring grow in comparison to what you're experiencing.

That said, YO!, you had the guts to get in there and get your roots wet while I was timid...for that, as with your awesome light fixture, you have my undying respect bro!!

You'll master this, I know you will. :)

Ahh, my first friend on these forums... Thanks again for the encouragement!
The only reason I went hydro in the first place was because it looked so freaking cool and I got to build something else. Well, that and the results I saw from other growers.

Sorry for all of the late replies, I had to get the little wifey away for a bit to relax and get her mind off of the last week :Namaste:.

I'm gonna give the hydro another shot! If It goes down in flames this time, I start playing in the dirt. I'm probably gonna start over this week but am thinking some changes will need to be made. First off, I'm pulling the "Hail" cubes out and putting in some Hydroton. The cubes are great but I'm thinking they just hold too much water and they get little fuzzies everywhere. Second, I think I need to either make a bigger box, or build a tent. It's a bit cramped and a little hard to work in such a tight space. Plus I have a lot more room than I'm using and an empty stand-up shower that could be put to good use.

I'm still following all of your grows :cheer: and am excited to see your progress.

Mine will be back soon... down but never out!

~dime

OK, so my local grow-op has some more clones ready and I'm thinking I'll get two new girls today or tomorrow. Same P91 strain.

The budget is tighter than a gnats ass right now so the setup isn't really going to change but I'm am changing two things.

1st, the hail is being replaced by hydroton. The guy at the local hydro shop didn't have any small bags for sale (only the huge ones) but was nice enough to give me a small grocery bag full for FREE... and that's why they will continue to get my business! (when I have the $$$ again)

2nd, My light fixture is going air-cooled! I think I may just run a duct to the fixture or I'm going to mount the box exhaust fan to my light fixture and run the ducting up and out. Heat hasn't been a big issue inside the box, but the heat between the res and the light itself is hovering around 80-85 degrees. I would like the temps to be even throughout the box while avoiding the baking effect on the res lid.

I'll be using some extras I have laying around to build the air-cooled hood. Some 1x2's and what I had left from building the box. Kida like a prototype on my prototype. I wanted to go all Chuck Norris on it and fab everything out of sheet metal and all, but money is tight and this will have to do for now.

See ya soon...

OK, so my local grow-op has some more clones ready and I'm thinking I'll get two new girls today or tomorrow. Same P91 strain.

The budget is tighter than a gnats ass right now so the setup isn't really going to change but I'm am changing two things.

1st, the hail is being replaced by hydroton. The guy at the local hydro shop didn't have any small bags for sale (only the huge ones) but was nice enough to give me a small grocery bag full for FREE... and that's why they will continue to get my business! (when I have the $$$ again)

2nd, My light fixture is going air-cooled! I think I may just run a duct to the fixture or I'm going to mount the box exhaust fan to my light fixture and run the ducting up and out. Heat hasn't been a big issue inside the box, but the heat between the res and the light itself is hovering around 80-85 degrees. I would like the temps to be even throughout the box while avoiding the baking effect on the res lid.

I'll be using some extras I have laying around to build the air-cooled hood. Some 1x2's and what I had left from building the box. Kida like a prototype on my prototype. I wanted to go all Chuck Norris on it and fab everything out of sheet metal and all, but money is tight and this will have to do for now.

See ya soon...

homie you are a hardcore MOFO if your really planning on building an air cooled hood out of wood for your light, but by all means I wish you the best of luck and safety!!!! Safety first! I think thats what the tought us in cub scouts that and something about knotts idk I think I was permifried for a few years after being born-though mom saiz she only smoked pot a handful of times while I was in the womb, maybe thats why I love it so much? now ah days pregnant woman in america will practically get stoned to death (by rocks not pot) if they are cought even in the same car as someone smokeing a cigarette! wow so off topic. Anyways yeah dude I just wanted to say I think its dope that the hydro shop homie hooked it up with a free bag of hydroton and I feel your budget pains im so broke that when I tried to go buy a 5 dollar join from the clinic across the street from my pad the dude wouldn't take my money and just gave me the joint for free. Again being broke has its ups and downs.
Hey what are your resivour temps looking like? Just curious and I was also ganna ask you if you were ganna try the Dutch Master GOLD grow A and B this time around? Its PH perfect my friend and does wonders for me personally. Take it easy dude all will work better and I bet in 3 months from when you plant these new clones you going to have some heavy dank assss :roorrip: :roorrip: :roorrip: :roorrip: :roorrip:!!!!! And in the meantime we are here for you!:high-five:
PG out
btw get the fucking dirty out of your ears already! ya im high.

Still here... Wife's been in the hospital the last two days so haven't had time to update. New girls are in and doing good so far. I'll get some pics up later.

homie you are a hardcore MOFO if your really planning on building an air cooled hood out of wood for your light, but by all means I wish you the best of luck and safety!!!! Safety first! I think thats what the tought us in cub scouts that and something about knotts idk I think I was permifried for a few years after being born-though mom saiz she only smoked pot a handful of times while I was in the womb, maybe thats why I love it so much? now ah days pregnant woman in america will practically get stoned to death (by rocks not pot) if they are cought even in the same car as someone smokeing a cigarette! wow so off topic. Anyways yeah dude I just wanted to say I think its dope that the hydro shop homie hooked it up with a free bag of hydroton and I feel your budget pains im so broke that when I tried to go buy a 5 dollar join from the clinic across the street from my pad the dude wouldn't take my money and just gave me the joint for free. Again being broke has its ups and downs.
Hey what are your resivour temps looking like? Just curious and I was also ganna ask you if you were ganna try the Dutch Master GOLD grow A and B this time around? Its PH perfect my friend and does wonders for me personally. Take it easy dude all will work better and I bet in 3 months from when you plant these new clones you going to have some heavy dank assss :roorrip: :roorrip: :roorrip: :roorrip: :roorrip:!!!!! And in the meantime we are here for you!:high-five:
PG out
btw get the fucking dirty out of your ears already! ya im high.

You make me LOL! :high-five: Thanks for sticking around, hell... thanks to all of you guys! I'm gonna have to hold off on any new shnizz for a while so changing nutes would have to wait too. I think now that things are stable It will be much easier to maintain.

Res temps have been a sweet 68 degrees since yesterday thanks to the insulation of a microfiber blanket and a mylar wrap. I ran the air lines under the insulation as well to keep them and the precious air inside them cooler. The new girls look like they are in a space station! :)

13d155f4.jpg

Built the new hood too:

Light-Brite anyone?

c13e9bba.jpg

Frame made with 1X2's. Arrows show airflow through the gutters.

73088de7-1.jpg

Drilled holes in the gutter above where the cleats are to allow heat to escape.

7863e659.jpg

Exhaust fan sucking up the heat through the 6" duct.

25c1b513.jpg

Works great! :slide: The fan was too powerful for the box; changing air ~18 times per minute and sucking all the humidity out faster than the humidifier could produce it. This has slowed down the air exchange and the temps are still below 80 so I am happy :allgood:

Now time for another :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip: and take it easy tonight!

"You Stay Classy San Diego!"

Sweet!! I'm glad I haven't built mine yet..considering it for warmer temp growing either that or t5...that could get me started with two grows per winter rather than just one...

Back
Top Bottom