P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

Hey Am, thanks my friend. There were a lot if dense buds up top. I think the Budswel and Overdrive combo helped greatly even though they got chopped ~ 3 or so weeks early. They would've been monsters had they finished on time but worse case now, I should be able to make some decent concentrates.

As far as the fungicide goes, its my understanding that you use it in veg and in early flower to avoid the problems I had. But By the time you see PM, it's already in the plant.
Best thing to do is to make sure your grow area is clean and you have plenty of fresh air and ventilation. My plants were infected already so It was a more trying to keep it under control.

Take care my man.

Sorry to hear your early harvest. At least you were able to save a lot for your effort.

If its not too much trouble, I for one would like to see some pix of the stages of the water cure and the crud that comes off. The more I learn, the better I'm prepared for little disasters. I'd never heard of the water cure until today.

Sorry to hear your early harvest. At least you were able to save a lot for your effort.

If its not too much trouble, I for one would like to see some pix of the stages of the water cure and the crud that comes off. The more I learn, the better I'm prepared for little disasters. I'd never heard of the water cure until today.

Thanks Mugs, I did manage to save a good amount from mildew that would have otherwise been trash.

The water cure will be finishing out this journal :) I had planned on documenting the rest of the cure and dry. I'll be sure to post up pics too. The water cure is new to me too and from what I've read today, it should make for some potent smoke.

If I don't post it tonight I'll get it posted in the morning :high-five:

Wow - just amazing how quickly things changed here. I'm so sorry you had the PM issues and had to early harvest. Bluedog - way to save the day. :thumb:

Just a note, and you'll want to research this for yourself, but I lost some bud to bud rot last harvest during cure (forgot to burp a couple of jars like a bonehead). It was pretty bad and I ended up chucking almost 2z due to mold. I'm almost positive I read that I could have still cooked/made oil with it, as the heating/cooking would have negated the mold. Really was kicking myself, as I just chucked it (and I LOVE edibles). Maybe it's too late, and maybe the info I had was bad, but might be worth checking into. Edibles rock, and if it would have been trashed anyway??? Score. Just a thought... Maybe someone else has knowledge or experience regarding this? If even for future reference?

So glad you were able to get such a great suggestion from Blue, and sending you positive vibes on the rest of your watercure. :goodluck:

Actually dont trim them you can use a mixture of backing soda and water to lightly mist your plants with the higher ph solution of it will cause the fungus to die and then from there just turn up the fans to dry them dont soak the buds and use it every 2 days I have had excellent results this way oh should mention lightly mist with clean water after a few hours from using the backing soda to clear the leaves this can keep severe pm in check late in flower.

Great job, dime!:high-five: You've got some quality looking nugs there. Sorry we couldn't watch them ripen at tad more, but I believe you made the right decision by chopping before any rot set in and comprimised the entire harvest.
Now I'm researching fungicide like hell and I'm wondering, would an application of a fungicide( like the one Quixilver recommended )at an earlier stage in the grow( late veg or early flower )PREVENT the onset of mold and mildew at later stages?

I bought that same illuminated scope a couple months ago. I love looking at buds with it. HELL, anything with it!!!

Hey AM G., you just hit on a great point that I failed to mention earlier, mostly because in dime's situation it was already a moot point...My hydro guy DID also mention that the Actinovate is also good for PREVENTION, as well as correction of mold and mildew issues....He said it coul sbe mixed in with the soil...

So DIME, just a thought, if you think your conditions may be conducive to these issues, and want to look into ways to preventing them, and then let us know how it goes!!:):Namaste:

Wow - just amazing how quickly things changed here. I'm so sorry you had the PM issues and had to early harvest. Bluedog - way to save the day. :thumb:

Just a note, and you'll want to research this for yourself, but I lost some bud to bud rot last harvest during cure (forgot to burp a couple of jars like a bonehead). It was pretty bad and I ended up chucking almost 2z due to mold. I'm almost positive I read that I could have still cooked/made oil with it, as the heating/cooking would have negated the mold. Really was kicking myself, as I just chucked it (and I LOVE edibles). Maybe it's too late, and maybe the info I had was bad, but might be worth checking into. Edibles rock, and if it would have been trashed anyway??? Score. Just a thought... Maybe someone else has knowledge or experience regarding this? If even for future reference?

So glad you were able to get such a great suggestion from Blue, and sending you positive vibes on the rest of your watercure. :goodluck:

Thanks my friend, for the kind words and the support. Blue really did help save my harvest :high-five:. I never realized how common fungus and bud/root rot are, seems like I found a ton of instances where folks were in the same spot. The parts of the plant that were the worst I just trashed. There is still a good amount left :)

I had considered oils but have been thinking bubble hash. I figure hash made from buds will have a nice kick to it over the normal trim-hash. These buds were absolutely covered in trichomes.

Actually dont trim them you can use a mixture of backing soda and water to lightly mist your plants with the higher ph solution of it will cause the fungus to die and then from there just turn up the fans to dry them dont soak the buds and use it every 2 days I have had excellent results this way oh should mention lightly mist with clean water after a few hours from using the backing soda to clear the leaves this can keep severe pm in check late in flower.

Thanks for the suggestion Cateros, I do appreciate it. I ended up chopping last night as the PM was spreading extremely fast. It went from a spot or two here and there to covering entire branches in a day. I had been battling the PM for weeks with all sort of treatments... SNS 244, Organocide, Safer and finally Serenade. Nothing seemed to help for long. I think the failed DWC in the beginning and the pythium left them stressed and weak, which is why they grew so strange and were maturing at a very different rate. I will keep that remedy in my mind in case I see it in the future...again thanks.:Namaste:

Hey AM G., you just hit on a great point that I failed to mention earlier, mostly because in dime's situation it was already a moot point...My hydro guy DID also mention that the Actinovate is also good for PREVENTION, as well as correction of mold and mildew issues....He said it coul sbe mixed in with the soil...

So DIME, just a thought, if you think your conditions may be conducive to these issues, and want to look into ways to preventing them, and then let us know how it goes!!:):Namaste:

Thanks again Quix! Prevention is a valuable tool for sure. I guess I was hoping that the Hygrozyme would help keep out any new crap from the girls but once it's there it's there. This next grow will definitely begin with healthy plants, I don't wanna go through this stuff again.:wood:

Getting ready to switch the water in the jars so I'll get that posted in a bit.

A very big :Namaste: to you guys!

Hmmm... I wonder how many plants I can fit under my light?... I still have enough time for a SOG before it gets too hot here :)

Hmmm... I wonder how many plants I can fit under my light?... I still have enough time for a SOG before it gets too hot here :)

Ask Blue! He likes doing the /sqft calcs!!:grinjoint:

Not quite 24 hrs yet but I'm not staying up til 2 am tonight :)

The jars have been sitting in the dark since I filled them. This is how they looked a few minutes ago...

Water_cure1.jpg

Looks like a light colored pickle juice.
Water_cure2.jpg

No mildew to be seen but a ton of trichs are there!
Water_cure3.jpg
Water_cure4.jpg

This is not mildew or fungus... this is trich-a-saurus!
Water_cure5.jpg

They are settling down a bit already.
Water_cure6.jpg

There was definitely some crap being leached out. Funny, it smells a lot like fresh cut lawn clippings. Not any foulness at all :thumb:

Now I need to catch up on some journals! I'm soooo behind!!
:thanks:

-dime

Hey dime looks like you're getting lot's of good help and support.

Did you use any h2o2?

I don't know if you've emptied the water yet but usually the first day or two is really dank nasty stuff. As the days go by it gets less and less, and finally when the water stays clear you'll be done. Temps should be say in the 70's or warmer, otherwise it goes really slowly.

Then you're done. You can dry the buds any way you want, even stick them in the oven. I put them on a screen with a fan on them. They'll dry very fast and they'll be DRY. All the sugars, starches etc have been removed along with the mold.

I don't like really dry bud, so the last time I tried the hygrometer deal and it seems to have worked pretty well. It's hard to describe but it's not like normal dried bud, it's drier. You'll see for yourself.

As far as the sog just get a few 2l's and spec out your light footprint. I'll bet you could do 12 or more.

Take care my friend and good luck!

Bro I forgot to mention an important thing, don't use cold water. You want the trichs to stay right where they are on the leaves and buds.

Sorry about that I'm hoping you didn't.

Hey dime looks like you're getting lot's of good help and support.

Did you use any h2o2?

I don't know if you've emptied the water yet but usually the first day or two is really dank nasty stuff. As the days go by it gets less and less, and finally when the water stays clear you'll be done. Temps should be say in the 70's or warmer, otherwise it goes really slowly.

Then you're done. You can dry the buds any way you want, even stick them in the oven. I put them on a screen with a fan on them. They'll dry very fast and they'll be DRY. All the sugars, starches etc have been removed along with the mold.

I don't like really dry bud, so the last time I tried the hygrometer deal and it seems to have worked pretty well. It's hard to describe but it's not like normal dried bud, it's drier. You'll see for yourself.

As far as the sog just get a few 2l's and spec out your light footprint. I'll bet you could do 12 or more.

Take care my friend and good luck!

You're so right, everyone has been very kind. This is the best growing community I know of.

Awwe crap... I think what I remembered last was you saying
Woodsman only used h2o2 on the first day, I never used it.

I went back to check what I forgot (I was so tired last night) and yes you did say 10% H2O2 :). I only have 29% H2O2, says 3ml per gal on the label. I could dump them real quick and mix up enough in a jug and pour it in. Think that's enough?

It's also been only around 18 hrs though. Could this also be why its not real dark?

Temps are between 71-81 today.

Bro I forgot to mention an important thing, don't use cold water. You want the trichs to stay right where they are on the leaves and buds.

Sorry about that I'm hoping you didn't.

Thanks for that!

I'm using the RO from my Res, which is not very cold... Just about room temp.
I was afraid to use cold water after watching a bubble hash making video.

For the SOG I think I can squeeze 10-12 2Ls. Light covers around 26" X 20". Two rows of 5-6 each or 3 rows of 4. Figure I can grow 12 legally so I should grow 12 right?:rofl:. Do you think soil would work OK? I have everything I would need already less the clone of course :)

I swear I'm gonna leave you alone... Soon :rofl: sorry for taking up so much of your time my man I really appreciate your help.

Anyone watching the news right now? Crazy stuff. Where were you when...

Morning bro! Sorry I saw your blurb last night, switched on the news and that was the end of my postings. I usually watch stuff like the history or science channels, had no clue what was going down so thanks for the heads up.

Praise and awe and gratitude to our men and women out there risking their lives for us day after day.
It would be awesome if we lived in a world where it wasn't necessary to have strong men armed and on the watchtowers. Unfortunately I don't see it so I'm thankful they're on our side.

Good riddance and it will be very interesting to see how this plays out over the next weeks, months and even years.

Don't worry about the h2o2, I didn't use it. If you do use it just use a small amount, dilute your stuff 10 to 1 and then put 10% of that in the jars if you do.

My buds had lots of rot, they grew outside and I'd sprayed over and over with neem, etc, so I'm sure there was a lot more nasty stuff to leach out than you're dealing with. I swear birds used them for target practice too. I think this will work out great for you!

:peace:

While I don't celebrate such things...in this case I will simply say of the national news last night two things...

1) If you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

and

2) Ding, dong the douche is dead! :cheer:

Now to more important matters....

GEEZZZUS FUCKING KRIST!!! What the hell is going on over there!!?? :)

With all you've been through now this....damn!!

I'm so sorry I've been out of the loop bro!! Work got slammed last week and my own harvest has keep my free time to a minimum..

Blue to the Rescue...awesome water curing technique and I will use that for my trim to make butter...that is awesome..

I wish I had something to add other than support but this is beyond my knowledge..glad Blue is here to lend a hand...that is HUGE!

:Namaste:

No worries GiantsFan you just haven't screwed up enough yet :party:

When it comes to dealing with a messed up grow, that's unfortunately my main area of expertise!

Thanks for the suggestion Cateros, I do appreciate it. I ended up chopping last night as the PM was spreading extremely fast. It went from a spot or two here and there to covering entire branches in a day. I had been battling the PM for weeks with all sort of treatments... SNS 244, Organocide, Safer and finally Serenade. Nothing seemed to help for long. I think the failed DWC in the beginning and the pythium left them stressed and weak, which is why they grew so strange and were maturing at a very different rate. I will keep that remedy in my mind in case I see it in the future...again thanks.:Namaste:
Seems to me you might have a problem with there being a colony of pm within your home somewhere , just a quick question you dont have one of those climbing vines on your home that cling to the brick because these plants will penetrate deep enough that powder mildew can enter the home that way other then that I would check for any dark corners in your basement ,closests etc that are cool and damp , and finally if you have any patches of black mildew anywhere within your home usually found in the basement along the foundation , this type of mildew I have found hosts a ton of other molds found in home,s. Your best defense for the future however is after this grow bleach the entire room every square inch and then install a hepa filter into your intake fans to ensure that any spores ,insect eggs etc will be trapped.

As for the news... I wish it meant our troops and my friends and family were coming home but I know it does not. We'll see what happens now, but my heart and support goes out to all of them.

~Blue thanks again, I just left it in the RO. I looked at some of the buds under the 60X lens and all I can see are thousands of beautiful trichs :). What is cool is that there are a lot of cloudy and amber trichs as well. Like a trich-Neapolitan ice cream if you will :rofl:.

~Giants, no worries my man! I can't seem to get out of my own journal
lately :rofl:.

I'm surprisingly not that upset... would I have liked to be clipping big mature buds, well sure! But this is just fine, wifey and I need the pain relief more than the great taste or smell :). And I really want to try making some stealth hash and or edibles so this may have came sooner than I had planned but will make it work to my benefit :high-five:.

~Cateros, thank you so much for your continued help and support. I don't have vines or a basement but there was mold at one time in my house from the previous owner. When I bought the home (fixer-upper) I tore out all of the flooring in the house and also demo'd the kitchen (where the mold was) and rebuilt almost all of it. So there is still a chance that mold creeped into something and is hiding out.

I have replaced the air filters for the house with HEPAs and will make sure to do the same for the grow room. Cleaning has begun and my low-pressure sprayer is loaded up for the bleaching. This is gonna take a while...

Thanks again my friend!

Back
Top Bottom