P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

So impressed with your grow D.I.M.E. I am thinking that during the summer when it gets hot I was considering veging 4-6 plants into a SCrog grow similar to yours but to fill a 25 square foot canopy under my 1k hps, I figure as the MH runs much cooler I can veg thru july and august with temps in the low to mid 80's and soon as temps drop go to 12/12 I am just so impressed with all those nice tops you have there looks like each one will be close to a 1/2q each .

So impressed with your grow D.I.M.E. I am thinking that during the summer when it gets hot I was considering veging 4-6 plants into a SCrog grow similar to yours but to fill a 25 square foot canopy under my 1k hps, I figure as the MH runs much cooler I can veg thru july and august with temps in the low to mid 80's and soon as temps drop go to 12/12 I am just so impressed with all those nice tops you have there looks like each one will be close to a 1/2q each .

Thanks Cateros :Namaste:

I'd love to see that SCROG! That would be a monster for sure. I've been contemplating waiting a few months to start growing after this one is done. The summer temps where I live are constantly over triple digits. I may also be moving this year, but am not sure just yet.

I hope your right on the weights my friend :) Just by looking at the tops and seeing 8ths of meds all the time from the grow-op. I would say that each top has at least that right now. The colas on my little girl are almost twice that already. I know I shouldn't be squeezing anything bud I wanted to get an idea of density... a light squeeze revealed an unbeleivable firmness already :high-five:. Now , no more touching :grinjoint:

Looking awesome Dime :tokin:

Thanks NW, todays low res pics are comming in a second!

Quick pic update! I switched the girls around again...

I wanted to show a pic of the set up in action since I have to move stuff around for pics usually... Yep, it's that bright in there! Big fan on left, little fan is lost in the light on the right.

be9d732b.jpg

/\ That is the door from my original cab :) /\

Pic of Ashley's biggest top with the panel in place \/

690f84f4.jpg

Canopy of fun

993cb2f0.jpg

Trichomes are everywhere!

27f26ffd.jpg

have a great day!

Looking good bro! We need a new button next to 'like' that says 'they look so good I wanna get funky with em' :cheer:

I think you're pretty safe in estimating 1/8 per top... :party: will be at your place :woohoo:

Looking good bro! We need a new button next to 'like' that says 'they look so good I wanna get funky with em' :cheer:

I think you're pretty safe in estimating 1/8 per top... :party: will be at your place :woohoo:

:rofl: The "GFB"! Get Funky Button!:rofl:

It will now show... Like|Share|GFB

I can't wait for the :party::party::party:

Those buds are looking delicious. Can I come over and borrow a cup of that?:wood:

But of course!:high-five:

Guess I was baked... forgot to post these from last night :). I really liked these, I must have been messed up :rofl:

Day_40_of_12:12_3.jpg
Day_40_of_12:12.jpg
Day_40_of_12:12_2.jpg
Day_40_of_12:12_4.jpg

Now I'm off to get some food and spend some time with the family...

:peacetwo:

OUT-A-SIGHT!!! Man DIME, I feel bad cuz I don't spend enought time over here!(Feel bad for MYSELF that is!!) I'm missing out!(Why am I yelling!?) Lol, but on a serious note, you've done quite well with those ladies in that shower brother. That canopy is seriously one of the best looking I've seen, period. Something about NL and NL crosses that make them something special to look at, but you've made them even better! Great job my friend, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the final results!!:popcorn::welldone::Namaste:

OUT-A-SIGHT!!! Man DIME, I feel bad cuz I don't spend enought time over here!(Feel bad for MYSELF that is!!) I'm missing out!(Why am I yelling!?) Lol, but on a serious note, you've done quite well with those ladies in that shower brother. That canopy is seriously one of the best looking I've seen, period. Something about NL and NL crosses that make them something special to look at, but you've made them even better! Great job my friend, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the final results!!:popcorn::welldone::Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words, it's greatly appreciated. I do like the NL looks, I always have :). The crosses definitely add some fun factor.

:Namaste:

Looking great DIME! :thumb:

Thanks man!

Now... Ever get that sick feeling in your stomach when you realized you just fucked up, but just not how bad.... yeah, I got that right now.

I was heading to bed and as I walked past the grow room door I caught a beam of light in the corner of my eye. I opened the door and found my bathroom light on and a faint glow of light bouncing off half of my girls. The light was on all day. 24 hours so far...:straightface:

I have read over and over before I even started this grow, about screwing up a light cycle and the possible consequences. If any of you guys and gals have personal experience with this, I could use a little help please.

The only thing I've learned is that there are no 100% guarantees. May be fine or may be growing a pair. Guess now we'll have to wait and see.

My gut is telling me to just let it ride and let the grow lights come on like normal.

Any thoughts?

...Well BlueDog, this is what I meant by one of those "Patience" moments ;)

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the kind words, it's greatly appreciated. I do like the NL looks, I always have :). The crosses definitely add some fun factor.

:Namaste:

Thanks man!

Now... Ever get that sick feeling in your stomach when you realized you just fucked up, but just not how bad.... yeah, I got that right now.

I was heading to bed and as I walked past the grow room door I caught a beam of light in the corner of my eye. I opened the door and found my bathroom light on and a faint glow of light bouncing off half of my girls. The light was on all day. 24 hours so far...:straightface:

I have read over and over before I even started this grow, about screwing up a light cycle and the possible consequences. If any of you guys and gals have personal experience with this, I could use a little help please.

The only thing I've learned is that there are no 100% guarantees. May be fine or may be growing a pair. Guess now we'll have to wait and see.

My gut is telling me to just let it ride and let the grow lights come on like normal.

Any thoughts?

...Well BlueDog, this is what I meant by one of those "Patience" moments ;)

Thanks guys.

DIME, sorry to hear about the stress YOU'RE going through. Hopefully, your plants aren't any where near as stressed as you are right now! :wood:

Not much you can do except let everything get back to normal. It's very late in the flower cycle for you, so chances of hermies go down, but they can start to turn at any time, so I'd definately just keep a close eye on them. I can't imagine you'd have to worry about much seeding at this point, just make sure you get any male parts before they release pollen in your grow room! :goodluck: :cheer:

Thanks Mr. I guess I'm more bummed than stressed. I know freaking out won't change anything now so I'll just smoke a big fat bowl of Bubba Kush and take a rest.

My growroom door is going to get a new sign in the morning. Turn off the F@CKING LIGHT! :)

Thanks my man :Namaste:

- dime

Thanks Mr. I guess I'm more bummed than stressed. I know freaking out won't change anything now so I'll just smoke a big fat bowl of Bubba Kush and take a rest.

My growroom door is going to get a new sign in the morning. Turn off the F@CKING LIGHT! :)

Thanks my man :Namaste:

- dime

Now, I don't really want to say anything, and I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a big fat bowl of bubba kush that had something to do with the lights getting left on! :)

:rofl: Thanks brother, I needed to laugh :rofl:

That damn Murphy and his freakin laws ;)

Murphy is not our friend at all! :yikes::yikes:

Just go back to the same light cycle and they should be fine. :grinjoint:

Morning dime! I agree with OMM, just pretend it never happened.

Here's how I feel about it, hermies are going to happen no matter what so watch for them but don't stress it. My first indoor/outdoor grow I made a total mess of the light cycles and, including leaving a T5 on overnight in the flower room 2x, changing the light cycle at least twice and somehow putting them all pack into veg by accident. I had a runt that was spared all that because she was so little and I didn't have the room to mess with her, so she just stayed outside. And out of my 10 plants she was the one to hermie, and was by far the least stressed of them all.

Since my eyes suck and bananas have to be about the size of the ones you buy at the grocery store before I'll even see them, I don't even give it a thought anymore. I'm just

YouTube - Pink Floyd The Wall - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

:party:

Thank you guys for your help and support, it really is something special when people who you've never met in person can feel like they're part of your family. Truly amazing :Namaste:

Well guys... I wish I didn't have to follow up with this post. Seems as if in a day the PM has spread like wildfire. I'd say 60-70% of the buds are infected to some extent. I pulled off one of the middle ones and cut it apart to find Spots here and there, kind of like it just got in. They are not covered in it, but to trim off the parts that are showing the PM and hope it would be Ok seems futile. Im at a loss, This shit just wasn't there before, I would have seen it.

So now here is the question... Do I just chop it down and salvage what I can for some hash or what? There are plenty of parts that have no mildew but I can't risk letting any more spread and destroying all of it. It's impossible to know how far the mildew has spread without cutting into each one and simply looking.

It's not at the grey mold or bud rot stage. They are not smelling strange or are they squishy. I have a strong feeling that even if I were to soak it in fungicide, the buds are so dense that it wouldn't get inside and kill off the fungus.

If I ever needed advice, it would be now.

- dime

After reading as much I can today the best I can figure is to cut off the visible PM and start an immediate flush. I think that when I added the new fan the increased air flow spread the PM spores at an accelerated rate.

Now that I have had some time to think about it, the spots indeed are on most of the lower portions of the buds and not huge spots. The biggest spots are around an 1/8-3/16". I know that once it gets inside the big buds they're screwed so I figure I'll just cut my losses and have something left to show for all the time and effort.

What I'm really not sure of is to flush em or just chop and fast dry. They're sitting in the dark right now...

Thanks guys.

Hey Bro sorry to hear the news, I fng hate mold.

I don't think you've got any choice but to chop.

Are you familiar with water cures? Woodsman and I have both had to do it and if the pm isn't bad you'll be able to salvage your crop.

The downside to a water cure is that you're going to lose most of the taste and smell, it's still there but quite faint. The upside is your crop will be fully cured and dried withing 10 days.

You cut all the buds off the stems and put them in mason jars. Fill the jar almost all the way to the top, and on the first day add about 10% h2o2.

The buds must be fully underwater, not floating at the surface. Woodsman just carefully filled the jars and sealed them. I created screens out of plastic lids for coffee cans, cut them to shape and drilled a bunch of small holes in them. I thought it would be better if some air was exchanged, but it worked both ways.

Distilled water is best because it's pure, and you're going to leach all the impurities and chlorophyll out of the buds.

Leave the jars in the dark at room temp for about a day, dump out the water and repeat the process. At the start the water will be very nasty. Woodsman only used h2o2 on the first day, I never used it.

You keep doing this until the water is clear, usually 6-10 days. After that the buds are cured and the mold is gone.

As I'm sure you know, thc is not water soluble and will not be harmed. In fact the high is more intense because so much of the plant matter is leached out, your 'yield' will be 10-20% lower in weight but not in trichs. I'd highly suggest this even if you plan on just making hash, because in the back of your mind you'll always be wondering if you're smoking spores and you might well be.

The buds turn very dark. They'll dry very quickly too, we can talk more about that when the time comes.

So take heart my friend, all is not lost. Not the preferred ending but you'll still end up with good smoke.

This is exactly why I don't like scrogs, or fat colas. I ended up with some mold in my bagseed cola last grow, and the RH was never above 35 all grow, and usually in the 20's. Go figure.

We're all here to help all we can bro, if you've got any questions or concerns let me know. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom