PakaCordova's First Journal For My First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Soil - Nov 2014

Re: OldManClemens First Journal For My First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Soil - Nov 2

Jan 28, 2015

Just another small update. Nothing too exciting, just documenting growth for comparison to any of my future journals.-

But those tops though!

12742.jpg

21832.jpg

31607.jpg

41241.jpg

Re: OldManClemens First Journal For My First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Soil - Nov 2

Massive! You can even trim her, bit here bit there so that the secondary nodes get bit more light. I think she could handle some minor pruning and the small nodes will go up with haste! So far enjoying your grow! Check out mine later today, i will be doing an update!

Massive! You can even trim her, bit here bit there so that the secondary nodes get bit more light. I think she could handle some minor pruning and the small nodes will go up with haste! So far enjoying your grow! Check out mine later today, i will be doing an update!

I don't know what to trim and what not to. I don't want to stunt her growth but I have been tucking the big fan leaves and been finding some yellowish new tops under the canopy. After they get exposure to the light they shoot up and turn nice and green. How do I know what fan leaves can go and what fan leaves I need to keep? I will definitely check out your journal today too.

I'm anxious to see how these and Flaahgra's do. I have 6 Dinafem BK beans as Herbie freebies and shrugged them off at first, but after looking them up I want to do them next.

Alien, please let me know when you start up your BKs. I would love to see how other people grow this strain and since I will be cloning and rolling with this for a while, I want to see the results of other growers and I can pick up any ideas and tips along the way. I don't think I would be able to lend much advice on the BK because I haven't run into a single issue minus the weird wrinkling on the leaves. It's like this strain grows itself. I was kind of expecting some drama with my first grow.

Alien, please let me know when you start up your BKs. I would love to see how other people grow this strain and since I will be cloning and rolling with this for a while, I want to see the results of other growers and I can pick up any ideas and tips along the way. I don't think I would be able to lend much advice on the BK because I haven't run into a single issue minus the weird wrinkling on the leaves. It's like this strain grows itself. I was kind of expecting some drama with my first grow.

Will do in my journal. Your experience is already helpful, Dinafem claims this is a strong robust and easy to grow plant, seems to me you're grow is confirming this, dense growth...confirmed, flowering time you will confirm ect. Just because it's your first grow doesn't mean experienced growers can't learn anything from it.

Will do in my journal. Your experience is already helpful, Dinafem claims this is a strong robust and easy to grow plant, seems to me you're grow is confirming this, dense growth...confirmed, flowering time you will confirm ect. Just because it's your first grow doesn't mean experienced growers can't learn anything from it.

Google Dinafem OG Kush and there should be a Youtube video of a grow in the first results, BK is that OG X blueberry, looks pretty bomb.

i would say your leaf holes are from damage the leaf encountered while you were super cropping them. i see exact same on my leafs, in the odd spot after cropping. probably hitting on the pot edge or somewhere. your plant looks really nice. healthy as a horse. fine work, cheers, nivek.

our plants , the internal cropped view, look like twins

but i guess you got past that,, cheers agin

What's up man? Did you ever give her a bit of haircut?

I've been giving my girls some trimming and have been doing a little bit of experimenting. I have two DJ Short Blueberry clones, one I trimmed some fan leaves on and one I left them alone. They are very similar in size and the way I trained them (which was poorly done, I'll admit), and I think the one I trimmed looks better than the one without. I just cut the fan leaves away that were blocking circulation and light.

One reason I started trimming was I started seeing wet spots on my leaves. The only thing I could come up with as the cause for this is the leaf transpiring into another leaf on top of it. When the leaves are crowded it doesn't let the moisture go anywhere. I think I'm sold on the benefits of trimming. I've probably trimmed a pound of leaves over the last month or so from my big Khalifa Kush.

Did you take your clones? If you're still curious about a bubble cloner and think you may want to do DWC, you may want to pick up a decent air pump, a stone, a bucket with lid and some neoprene pucks. That would be all you need for a bubble cloner. The pump could perform double duty for the DWC bucket when you get it going.

Even if I never do DWC again (unlikely) I'll still use a bubble cloner. I like mine a lot.

i would say your leaf holes are from damage the leaf encountered while you were super cropping them. i see exact same on my leafs, in the odd spot after cropping. probably hitting on the pot edge or somewhere. your plant looks really nice. healthy as a horse. fine work, cheers, nivek.

our plants , the internal cropped view, look like twins

but i guess you got past that,, cheers agin

Thanks man. The random holes continue. I see no bugs, no mold, nothing that I believe shouldn't be there but some leaves randomly get holes. One theory is I splashed my feeding water (mixed with nutes) on the leaves and it burned them. other than that I am stumped. Genetics maybe. But she is growing like a champ and the leaves with holes are very rare compared to the total number of leaves on this bushy beast.

Hello OldManClemer, happy growing! :thumb:

Hey Sara! Always happy when I'm in my grow room :)

Nice dude, if you got more pics of the scrog upload them to your gallery, read a lot about scrogging but it's nice to see pics of it being done, will help me when I get to it.

I will upload my scrog pics today. I have some a page or 2 back but I will add them to my gallery. I made my scrog height-adjustable. Also, I would suggest scrogging waaaaaay earlier than when I started. My new nodes are centimeters apart man and I feel like I could have many more tops if I had started this earlier. My first grow so now I know for the next round.

What's up man? Did you ever give her a bit of haircut?

I've been giving my girls some trimming and have been doing a little bit of experimenting. I have two DJ Short Blueberry clones, one I trimmed some fan leaves on and one I left them alone. They are very similar in size and the way I trained them (which was poorly done, I'll admit), and I think the one I trimmed looks better than the one without. I just cut the fan leaves away that were blocking circulation and light.

One reason I started trimming was I started seeing wet spots on my leaves. The only thing I could come up with as the cause for this is the leaf transpiring into another leaf on top of it. When the leaves are crowded it doesn't let the moisture go anywhere. I think I'm sold on the benefits of trimming. I've probably trimmed a pound of leaves over the last month or so from my big Khalifa Kush.

Did you take your clones? If you're still curious about a bubble cloner and think you may want to do DWC, you may want to pick up a decent air pump, a stone, a bucket with lid and some neoprene pucks. That would be all you need for a bubble cloner. The pump could perform double duty for the DWC bucket when you get it going.

Even if I never do DWC again (unlikely) I'll still use a bubble cloner. I like mine a lot.

Hey snow. I think I pulled a total of 14 leaves from her. I am going to get more aggressive before I move to flower and lollipop her then, but right now I am doing mostly tucking. I don't want to mess a good thing up because shes growing like crazy.

Still no clones yet. I am going to be picking up new Mars Hydro lighting for my 2nd tent and thats when I will yank my clones. I want to try mainlinning but I also want to do 4-way LST on 3 or 4 plants. I need to figure out the best branches to cut. I think I will be pulling clones within a week or 2 because I reeeeally want to flower her.

I think I am going soil one more round just to get my hands dirty before I go hydro / DWC. Once I flower and start the new tent, I have 2 months then harvest and then DWC time.

Peace to OldManClemens! :peace:
She looks great! I am subbd. :popcorn:

Peace to OldManClemens! :peace:
She looks great! I am subbd. :popcorn:

Thank you Stage! Hopefully I will have an entertaining and rewarding 2nd half of this journal with flowering!

I have a question for you guys. When should I send her into flower? She hit 8 weeks on Jan 28 and she's in a 5 gallon smart pot right now and still growing but I don't want her to reach her max size while still in veg due to pot size limiting her growth. Is that even possible? Root bound? Should I fill out the scrog, flip her now? Will she still grow in flower if she reaches her limit in veg?

i will comment old man, but i am no expert,, i have read that a plant will grow about 70% more once it is put to flower,, that is plant growth, not flower growth,, so, look at the plant and imagine it to be about 70% bigger,, however big that 70% bigger is is going to have to fit in your flower room,, so put it to flower when it is small enough to go into your flower room being 70% bigger, or so,, i bet i confused the heck out of you, me, and anyone else, sorry,, cheers, nivek

I can't offer you any advice on the soil end of anything, but I'd say you could flower her any day you wanted. I flowered my biggest Blueberry when it was roughly that size, then I ended up SCRoGging until about three weeks into flower, which I now know was too long. Some of the buds have bent/grown around the net. Oops. I think this is really strain dependent, but on and Indica-leaning plant like my Blueberry I'll just assume that's too long next time. I don't know any other way to tell when you should stop bending unless you've grown the strain before.

Congrats on the new light purchase! Which one?

If it were me in your spot, I'd snag a decent air pump and the bubble cloner stuff and take some clones and defoliate ASAP, then give her a week to recoup and flip.

Back
Top Bottom